Team Associated (SC8?) Stadium Truck

henry

RDC Crypto
I doubt anyone who knows about the SC8 from Associated would chime in in fear of losing their job, but it's been claimed that people can see a gas tank in the opening behind the front wheel well. I don't see it personally, but I'm losing hope of it being eletctic. A brushless/lipo ready 1/8th 4WD would be what I'm looking for... Chances are slim IMO it'll be that way though.

If it was nitro I don't think you'd be completely left out. I see many 1/8 scale buggy brushless conversion kits out there. Perhaps a company would make one for the SC8. In fact it probably is based on Associated's gas buggy. (look at the wheels nuts on the SC8 those look like 1/8 scale buggy wheel nuts). So a conversion that would work for it might already be out. :cool:

call-911

RDC Crypto
Yep, my only hope (short term) if it IS nitro is that it is closely based off of the RC8 and a corresponding brushless conversion would also work in the SC8. That's going to be one hell of an expensive toy though!

Going off of the RC8 price of around $500 and then a brushless conversion and batteries!:eek:

Maybe I won't be getting one together so soon.:(

henry

RDC Crypto
Yep, my only hope (short term) if it IS nitro is that it is closely based off of the RC8 and a corresponding brushless conversion would also work in the SC8. That's going to be one hell of an expensive toy though!

Going off of the RC8 price of around $500 and then a brushless conversion and batteries!:eek:

Maybe I won't be getting one together so soon.:(

Are there many used RC8's available in your neck of the woods? That might be a cheaper way to go if you can find a used rolling chassis.

call-911

RDC Crypto
Anyone going to the Pomona CORR race this weekend? It's been stated that "All questions will be answered" this weekend. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

t9dragon

RDC Crypto
Well here she is and it is a nitro....................................

SC8-web-banner-800x646_8_15_08.jpg

Shred918

RDC Crypto
Exactly what I expected from these guys... its a traxxas X 10.... I will so own one also

wts traxxas....

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
RDC Crypto
I'm fine with my Slash, but hot damn those things look badass!!! I wonder if you can modify the body to fit on the slash?

call-911

RDC Crypto
Well... a bit disappointed it's nitro since my infrastructure is all electric. I'm hoping it's relatively inexpensive and soon has a brushless kit available. Still looks wicked cool though!!!!

Pro4Tundra

RDC Crypto
The bodys and roll cage make them look SICK! it would be awesome if it was a 4-link in the back? Most likely not though. If only they made a greaves body.

SICKSAND

RDC Crypto
When can we see the real thing in action,when do they plan on releaseing them to the hobby shops?Are they going to come out with an electric version?

Shred918

RDC Crypto
A couple hours ago I had one in my hand at the CORR race. All I can say is that is one bad rig.

.28 cc motor
3+ HP
exhaust dual chamber
Independent front and rear disc brake
2.5" travel front and rear
24.34 inches bumper to bumper
14.75" wheel base
12" wide
9 lbs
50mph
electric start

Matt D

Boy Toy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.myspace.com
A couple hours ago I had one in my hand at the CORR race. All I can say is that is one bad rig.

.28 cc motor
3+ HP
exhaust dual chamber
14.75" wheel base
12" wide
9 lbs
50mph
electric start

same here these thing are awesome!!

call-911

RDC Crypto

.28 cc motor
3+ HP
exhaust dual chamber
14.75" wheel base
12" wide
9 lbs
50mph
electric start

4 or 2wd? Any word on estimated street cost? Is it a RTR then since you specd out the motor too?

Shred918

RDC Crypto
4 or 2wd? Any word on estimated street cost? Is it a RTR then since you specd out the motor too?

They are going to be between $600-700 it comes as an rtr with steel gear bearing servos and a digital radio with a 10 model memory.

Shred918

RDC Crypto
Keep in mind they are marketing this as a 1/8th scale truck with a .28 motor with high end servos and radio.

That is a pretty normal price for 1/8th scale.

Gabe Lara

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pfluegerracing.com
When you see one close up, you'll understand the price point... and they are independent rear & AWD.

The SC8 is built waaay bulletproof, and has gotten me excited about racing RC's again!
Team Associated has raised the bar again, with such an incredibly well built & accurate piece of "moving art"!

Release has been set for late Oct., so start saving your lunch money!

I know my neighbors are gonna hate me even more now when I bring mine home!

Some pics with the body off here:

http://www.teamassociated.com/homepage/dream_is_real.htm