Team Lexus not racing in 2014

chatterbox

RDC Crypto
Today I was informed by Lexus USA that they will not be continuing the off-road racing program. That being said, you will not be seeing us in the LX570 SUV running in the "stock full" class. It has been an awesome 5 years with much success including 3 Baja 1000 class wins getting back to back in 12' & 13'. I really had a great time and I appreciate all of my sponsors supporting us over the years. I have met some great people in the desert and I am glad we are ending our run on top. Our team of Lexus and Toyota engineers as well as all of our chase crew were always there when we needed them the most. I have to thank GeiserBros for building me a bullet proof stock racer and I am glad to be apart of the RDC community. Hopefully I can get another opportunity to drive something soon. Regards Joe Bacal

Short Bus

RDC Crypto
That sucks. I enjoy seeing what the stock type trucks can do and was hoping there would be an increase in interest in this class from the manufacturers.

Advertising supports this site

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
Is this same team I met years ago at the Vegas to Reno pre-fun-run.? it was a first for me seeing a Lexus package in an off-road vehicle.
Lance

lexusvV8 001.jpg lexusvV8 002.jpg lexusvV8 003.jpg

Advertising supports this site

chatterbox

RDC Crypto
It's all good guys! Lexus and Toyota are a great company but they need to step up the program in the desert. Ivan Stewart sold a bunch of trucks when he was racing that's what they should bring back. The unlimited class in a Toyota would be very cool. I however, can't really complain much since I got a paycheck to race for the last 5 years in a limited class. It is pretty difficult to get a manufacturer to jump on board so it was a good run! Had a blast for sure and we will see what comes up in the coming months.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 230

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
Good run guys! I was fun to watch you tear it up!
However this is quite honestly a concern. We are in the market for a new car and the wifey would like another Lexus. I try and support those who support what I enjoy, hence I have a couple Ford's.

jowoog

RDC Crypto
sad to hear , good luck with what ever comes your way .