1400racer

Reaction
I'm setting up a group of friends to race the Mint 400. I'm hoping someone with a bit of experience may be willing to share a team itinerary with me. Like a spreadsheet of individual duties, overall team prep etc.. anyone have something like that which I can build off of and get a good starting point?

Thanks for any advice!

jon coleman

Reaction
I'm setting up a group of friends to race the Mint 400. I'm hoping someone with a bit of experience may be willing to share a team itinerary with me. Like a spreadsheet of individual duties, overall team prep etc.. anyone have something like that which I can build off of and get a good starting point?

Thanks for any advice!
start with a score/ bitd/ type schedule of events& see what is required at each evolution, ie at tech, you gotta have your helmets& suits, & study All required items NEEDED, nothing worse than seeing a new team forgot about there out of date seat belts at contingency/ tech, get it all in a row weeks beforehand& delegate Who is responsible for each area, and double check,,!!, i have always found keeping All driving gear In the vehicle At All times helps, nothing worse than looking for your gloves in Parker at 5 am race day...note, this area^is just one of Many you as team principal have to keep track of, a flo chart helps, did it all myself, i did it with a motorcycle racing mentality, kept it Very simple, dont over think/ engineer the pre race , ive seen guys look like sheet Before the race even started And they had a big team, dont stress!!!,leave that for the competition, it can work for your advantage to play pre race psych out games toođź‘Ť

Last edited:

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Assuming by your name, you're racing 1450? If it is your first time, I recommend taking part in all the festivities. Take the extra days off and do the parade down the strip on Wednesday, have fun on Fremont during tech on Thursday, race is likely to be Friday, and stay to spectate on Saturday. It's a lot of days and expensive but worth it for the experience and is one of the things that makes this race fun. Also, make sure you plan to have someone at remote pits. 100 mile laps are pretty long for a stateside race and can make or break the race for some teams that are not prepared it. It's good you are planning 6 months in advance, at least you can throw the procrastination part out of the window. Also, if you think you have enough spares, bring more.

Kilian

_
Reaction
@1400racer feel free to reach out to me via email and we can rap out. Really, the only mandatory events for racers are race registration (Thursday), tech inspection (Thursday), drivers meeting (Thursday) and the race itself (1450 will be on Friday). Here is a link to our Schedule of Events. Like El Roman said, definitely do the parade, enjoy tech on Fremont Street, go to the pit crew challenge/concert and live it up in Vegas with your families and friends. Two remote pits are evenly spaced across the ~100 mile lap and know that BFG & Baja Pits will be there with pit support. If you have tech/rules related questions, you can shoot an email to tech@themint400.com and we'll get you dialed in there as well.