Team Red Bull Testing at Nashville this week

RGFan

So what is the deal with this??? I thought Nascrap just scrapped testing for all of their series teams at ALL Nascrap Sanctioned tracks. The last I checked, Nashville is a Nascrap sanctioned track for all of the series but Cup.

Red Bull testing at Nashville: Team Red Bull is testing Friday and Saturday [11/21-22] at the Nashville Superspeedway. The testing is closed to the public. Brian Vickers is the driver behind the wheel testing.(Nashville Superspeedway)(11-21-2008)

Mumzy

The 2009 season doesn't officially start until the last drink is finished at the banquet.

RGFan

The 2009 season doesn't officially start until the last drink is finished at the banquet.
Kind of a crock if you ask me. I guess there is a contract that some of the teams are signing, puting them on the honor system (what a load) to not test at all and to follow the spirit of the new rule. We will see in the weeks to come just how successful that can be. I guarantee you if Hendrick/Roush/Gibbs has any early season woes that they will be testing out of country (Europe, Mexico, South America or Japan)

NIKAL

Jeff Gordon and Hendrick already said they were going to push their testing season up to this December. There was an interview with Jeff, and he said he expected to be testing a lot this December. We will do as much testing this Nov and Dec as we can knowing that there will be no testing next year.

Ryan_P

I heard a rumor on the radio that RBR was going to build a set of cars and have them flown to their headquarters in Europe where they plan to build a testing facility.

Once again, the ones with money will always find a way...

michael_loomis

are there even any NASCAR style paved ovals outside of the US ??

RGFan

Oh Yeah, the factories have oval style testing facilities all over the world. Twin Ring Motegi is in Yota's back yard.

HarleyR

Oh Yeah, the factories have oval style testing facilities all over the world. Twin Ring Motegi is in Yota's back yard.
Honda Owns that track so I'd say there would be a slim chance of that happening... Banning testing isnt the way to go... its the least expensive way for teams to get better....There is Texas World Speedway in College Station TX.... it needs a repave but its a 2 mile oval.... A set of stickers lasts 10 laps... Walt Disney world speedway Pikes Peak Int... Roush says they want a testing contract and there all for banning it but if there were runnig like crap they'd be crying much like they did in the Toyota conspiercy(sp)

RGFan

Honda Owns that track so I'd say there would be a slim chance of that happening... Banning testing isnt the way to go... its the least expensive way for teams to get better....There is Texas World Speedway in College Station TX.... it needs a repave but its a 2 mile oval.... A set of stickers lasts 10 laps... Walt Disney world speedway Pikes Peak Int... Roush says they want a testing contract and there all for banning it but if there were runnig like crap they'd be crying much like they did in the Toyota conspiercy(sp)
That is a good point, I forgot that about Motegi;) While those tracks are viable (Texas, Disney and PP), I would find those highly unlikely, especially if this honor code contract goes into effect. However, a test facility, especially a testing facility (Like the Mesa Proving Grounds) in another country would provide the necessary test grounds desired with security and very few witnesses, making it possible to publicly claim they are not testing. A couple of weeks of running bad and the big teams will test, wether they are allowed to or not. It would not suprise me one bit if they ran the test teams under the umbrella of a dummy company to make it more difficult to trace. Conspiracy theories, absolutely, but is it really that far out there for the big teams to try something like this to gain an advantage, especially when they can afford to.

HarleyR

If the deal were broken everyone would know about it... Information and roumors travel so fast here you'd think either theres paid informants or wired...Penske has tried to get a test track built in Mooresville and ran into problems.....with either the city or county..... Ganassi has an old section of turnpike in PA thats completly in a tunnel they use for coast down and aero testing... was a well kept secret for awhile. There is also Rockingham and a half mile track identical to Martinsville located on the Rockingham Property...I have tested at TWS 5 or six times before the Texas motorspeedway CTS race and won 4 in a row there it is and can be a great place if the track is fixed up alittle.... Its only a matter of time before someone builds one....

drsnutz

i don't get this whole no testing policy whatsoever. if teams can't afford to test then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place. can you imagine if they told us you can't test our race cars. i can't. i can't imagine building a t.t. and being told you can't test it. it seems to me there is a huge safety factor being left out here. i wouldn't even consider building a race car and telling the customer-driver you can't test it until you race it. unreal imho. and the new testing policy doesn't take affect til 01-01-09 as that is when the 08 season is officially over. no other series run by this rule and i just find it stupid. nascar has taken the premier series in our country and turned it into nothing more than a spec car series. if i wanna see that i'll go to watch the scca instead.and what's goodyear going to do, if they can't tire test how they gonna build a better tire? i don't know just seems like a foolish rule to me.

RGFan

i don't get this whole no testing policy whatsoever. if teams can't afford to test then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place. can you imagine if they told us you can't test our race cars. i can't. i can't imagine building a t.t. and being told you can't test it. it seems to me there is a huge safety factor being left out here. i wouldn't even consider building a race car and telling the customer-driver you can't test it until you race it. unreal imho. and the new testing policy doesn't take affect til 01-01-09 as that is when the 08 season is officially over. no other series run by this rule and i just find it stupid. nascar has taken the premier series in our country and turned it into nothing more than a spec car series. if i wanna see that i'll go to watch the scca instead.and what's goodyear going to do, if they can't tire test how they gonna build a better tire? i don't know just seems like a foolish rule to me.
Yeah, I know what you are saying.....I say give them a few hours on Friday, more so then the typical practice atleast. As far as the whole spec series thing........People keep on saying that, yet if that were truly the case, the most talented drivers would be rising to the top IMO and that simply is not the case. The teams with the largest budgets are still the ones dominating. A true spec series, that would not be the case IMO