Teenager airlifted to the hospital..

gonzalo

Reaction
Does anyone know on the condition of the teenager that was airlifted to the hospital on Sunday at the Rockpile? I hope he is doing better. We were trying to help as much as possible.

Armistice

Reaction
I heard (on DR) that some dirt biker ate dirt big time and was actually ON the course so racers had to be flagged. Not sure if it's the same incedent or not

NRT_Chris

Reaction
I heard (on DR) that some dirt biker ate dirt big time and was actually ON the course so racers had to be flagged. Not sure if it's the same incedent or not

Its NOT a course on Sunday

drj777

Reaction
i was sweeping the course for trash & course markers when i heard that call go out...didnt hear any details after - thankfully MDR still had a radio on @ start finish (kevin & marilyn i believe)

hope that guy is alright...

drj

gonzalo

Reaction
What happened?

Dirt bike accident on Sunday, around 11:00a.m. a young individual was going over the jump at the Rockpile and things didn't go as he had planned. Lucerne Valley paramedics arrived at the scene, and the patient was airlifted to the hospital. I'm not sure about his injures.

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Dirt bike accident on Sunday, around 11:00a.m. a young individual was going over the jump at the Rockpile and things didn't go as he had planned. Lucerne Valley paramedics arrived at the scene, and the patient was airlifted to the hospital. I'm not sure about his injures.

Nearly anytime County 111 is called out to Lucerne/Johnson Valley they will call in an airship per San Bernardino protocol and mechanism of injury. St. Mary's is too far to transport by ground when you have any type of head or spinal trauma. Plus depending on the crash you also have internal injuries to contend with.

It's unfortunate but at D-37 events we have a lot of airships and they are not cheap. There have been many times when the EMT's on the ground recommend a ground transport and the guys from County 111 end up calling in a bird instead. It's all precautionary on the part of the patient.

Hopefully the injured rider is fine and will be riding again soon. Speaking of District 37, we start back into the swing of things next weekend with the Invaders Desert Scrambles. If anyone wants to come out and race check out the district 37 website at www.district37ama.org or if you are an EMT, Fireman, Paramedic or have your first aid/cpr cert and want to help check out Rescue 3's website at www.rescuethree.com or come on out. You'll find me in the CP.

jsallenbach

Reaction
Hope the kids alright, I'll be at the racing the invaders race really looking forward to it, hope theres alittle breeze to keep the dust of the course.

JPBart

Reaction
Nearly anytime County 111 is called out to Lucerne/Johnson Valley they will call in an airship per San Bernardino protocol ..... if you are an EMT, Fireman, Paramedic or have your first aid/cpr cert and want to help check out Rescue 3's website at www.rescuethree.com or come on out. You'll find me in the CP.

Yep, the county protocols for airships is pretty much if you fall off a bike they can put you on a bird. I suspect that transporting a patient by ground would take 111 a long time and would essentially leave Lucerne without an ambulance they opt for a bird a lot more often than they used to.

rickf

Reaction
Reminder to get a SPOT device, then the transport's covered.
(Personal knowledge)

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Reminder to get a SPOT device, then the transport's covered.
(Personal knowledge)

FYI, if your medical insurance provider (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Kaiser) etc covers ambulance rides they will cover an airship. I deal with this all the time as part of Rescue 3. I don't know anyone who has had their charge denied. You will have to pay your deductable. An airship is simply an air ambulance. Just remember, when your talking to your insurance guy....you fell off the roof. ;)

FYI....MIKE O THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. DO NOT REPRINT THIS INFO ANYWHERE ON YOUR SITE!

rickf

Reaction

FYI, if your medical insurance provider (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Kaiser) etc covers ambulance rides they will cover an airship. I deal with this all the time as part of Rescue 3. I don't know anyone who has had their charge denied. You will have to pay your deductable. An airship is simply an air ambulance. Just remember, when your talking to your insurance guy....you fell off the roof. ;)

FYI....MIKE O THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOUR USE. DO NOT REPRINT THIS INFO ANYWHERE ON YOUR SITE!

That is mostly true, but SPOT works almost everywhere in the world and doesn't require a cell signal. The rescue pilots love it because they have a GPS coordinate and can get to you waaay quicker. I have been told that some health insurance policies have caps on air transport.

Highjack over, hope the young man is doing well.
(Morphine is your friend!)

Hayward Racing

Reaction
My cousin got lifted outta Ocotillo New Years 08 and his deductible was $5k through Aetna.

I hope the young man is ok!

M_Solms

Reaction
I heard if the CHP chopper picks you up it's a free ride.

BGRANT

Reaction
I have Blue Cross and was air lifted out of Mexico. Deductable was $50.00.

Hope this youngster is going to be OK.