• Forum membership has its advantages....

Temporary parts question....

Fifty

... but it may be a long temporary.

I have that 18 Colorado zr2. My plan was to take it to btf for their magic on the front. A few issues have got in the way and demolished the finances, and it seems every time I get a plan something comes in and wipes it out.

I have a current problem of the stock shocks are not capable of handling the weight of the 35 inch tires and quite frankly they couldn’t handle much with the stock weight either.

I have since swapped the rear leafs from a stock weird 2 stage (170lb and 580lb overload) spring over to a deaver single rate spring under. I was honest with them as to my usage and weights, but I still need to do the math to see what the spring rate is. Feels a lot better except on rebound, where the spring overpowers the shock.

On the front it’s just a mess everywhere. King has finally released their oem series for the truck. As far as I can tell it’s their 2.5 coilover but can’t tell much else.

I had a bed rack that was not right and removed and it’s going to be rebuilt but this time with bypass mounts so I can get full travel out of the rear leafs (Hoping for 16 inches) and proper control out of the axle.

But for the front, we are talking about 9 inches of travel, a 104# wheel/tire combo, I wish I knew the weight of the truck on each side. I think It’s 4700 ish weight stock with out gear, so I’m assuming with spares and gear And fat around 5000- 5200...

With my luck this temporary set up will have to last 2 more years (prepare for the worst). I am running bumps, front and rear, (have knock off crap, will be replacing with king at same time).

I am debating seeing if I can have king make the kit in a 3.0 Body to help with controlling the heat to maybe play any sort of catch up to what the rear might be capable of.

Or is spending the extra bucks not going to gain me much simply because of the travel limitations?

Ideally I’d love to be able to use the shock for the final kit too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the mounts won’t hold over and it will not be const effective to rebuild them to fit.

michael.gonzalez

I'd say try the 2.5 since it is already developed and ready for purchase. If its not enough, then seek out having them build a 3.0.

Fifty

I finally got ahold of someone there. Oddly enough it’s been 2 months of leaving messages and a couple emails.

Anyways, he said a 3.0 might not fit. And to try the 2.5 with a comp adjuster, Viton seals... I’m trying to see if I can get it with the pure race valve.

I need to call filthy or accutune and see if they can order it and tune it for me

michael.gonzalez

I finally got ahold of someone there. Oddly enough it’s been 2 months of leaving messages and a couple emails.

Anyways, he said a 3.0 might not fit. And to try the 2.5 with a comp adjuster, Viton seals... I’m trying to see if I can get it with the pure race valve.

I need to call filthy or accutune and see if they can order it and tune it for me
+1 for AccuTune. Great company and service and their staff is very knowledgable.

Fifty

I sent accutune and filthy emails. Not to compare prices but to see who replies and who is interested in the valving and parts request.

Will see what comes of it. I need to swap my upper arms and measure travel numbers to see if I need to adjust anything in that matter as well.