• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ten cars at Parker...

B-Dub 1020

Yeah it was fun, we had a problem last lap on Sat. and a couple min prob right before the finish line Sun. Man that single seat racer with the 2.4 was hard to stay with.

DBMETALWORX

It was a good time for sure. Though it was too soft for the 2800lb (+ approx 500 more for driver/codog lol), under powered hoopty to get up to speed. Rough as hell too. I guess we're going to an ecotec now, since the VW took a shlt on the last lap sunday. Still haven't been beat on the 2x2 start, so w/more hp we're raising the bar. Hope to have the new car done for the 425 in feb.. Was a good race w/B-DUB coming into the python saturday.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
It was a good time for sure. Though it was too soft for the 2800lb (+ approx 500 more for driver/codog lol), under powered hoopty to get up to speed. Rough as hell too. I guess we're going to an ecotec now, since the VW took a shlt on the last lap sunday. Still haven't been beat on the 2x2 start, so w/more hp we're raising the bar. Hope to have the new car done for the 425 in feb.. Was a good race w/B-DUB coming into the python saturday.
I hit something HARD in your dust on Saturday just before the River Road. That's when I faded from your mirrors. :D
Yea, and your VW smoked me Sunday off the start.

RedRide

Super fun race....we had the limp mode nightmare again....10-20 times/lap. Congrats to 1098 and LaPaglia both were crazy fast.

I was one of the guys who was didn't care about the 2.4 liter in a single seater at the Pro-10 meeting, but after watching 1098 run past me like I was standing still, I think I am going to have to change my mind....Not to take anything away from 1098's driving skills.

DBMETALWORX

I hit something HARD in your dust on Saturday just before the River Road. That's when I faded from your mirrors. :D
Yea, and your VW smoked me Sunday off the start.[/QUOT

I was wondering what happened, because you were on us. Sundays start sucked for anyone in the left lane. Since inside lane got to get out of the mud AND short cut the turn. Fun race though. The reason we've been looking for to switch to the ecotec.

1098 was pretty fast. He left us in the soft whoops headed north? But his time was beat by the top 2 1100s. Top 5 1100s were faster than 2nd in 10. So why did they seperate from 10 again? Because they couldn't hang?

fusionoffroad

I can't say the 2.4 in a single was fair but at shea rd in the soft stuff all the singles with 2.4 motors were in a different zip code. I was and still am against the motor rule.

Andy4

[These changes may be required during the racing season.UOTE=EVO Racing;1326364]What rule is that Andy...? Hard to keep up with score rules....[/QUOTE]
Its under tech notes on their website
QAny engine may be used in the 2012-2015 race seasons providing:
1. It has a maximum of four(4) cylinders.
2. It did not displace more than 2500cc in stock form.
3. It retains no more than four(4) valves per cylinder.
4. Single seat vehicles must not displace more than 2200cc.(.040 over bore allowed)
5. Two(2) seat vehicles must not displace more than 2500cc.
6. Engine must remain stock as delivered by the manufacture.
7. Engine must be inspected and sealed by SCORE before it is installed into the vehicle.
8. It has a mechanical throttle body (no fly by wire) (talked to Bill about this and he is allowing fly by wire now) with a maximum size no larger than the stock unit that was attached to the engine by the manufacture.
9. It is water cooled.
Items with no restrictions include:
A. Oil and water cooling systems (no dry sump)
B. Exhaust system, including exhaust manifold.
C. Fuel pumps.
D. ECU
E. Oil pan may be modified or replaced.
F. Power steering pump.
G. Alternator.
H. Air cleaner.
I. Belts and pulleys. .
As for this rule below I don't agree with at all and have had lots of discussions with Bill about this, it will most likely be removed.
Single seat vehicles may run a unrestricted 2250cc four(4) cylinder water cooled carbureted engine. Maximum of one venturi per cylinder. No fuel injection ,variable timed cams, and no variable left cams. Two seat vehicles may run a unrestricted 2500cc four(4) cylinder water cooled carbureted engine. Maximum of one venturi per cylinder. No fuel injection, variable timed cams, and no variable left cams. All engines must have been series produced in qualities of at least 5000 units within a 12 month period and be readily available to the general public in the U.S.A. If SCORE at anytime during the racing season determines that any particular brand or make of engine has an advantage, we may equalize that engine either by a reduction in cc's or the use of a restrictor.

B-Dub 1020

Have to disagree Andy opens to many things to have to check. Then the eco-tecs are out because the Honda blows it away and on and on and here we go again. They cant even tech the engines we have now. I like Casey's professional ways of promoting. But BITD is the only org. that allows this. SNORE, MORE , HDRA etc have it right. The class has finally blossomed again. Builders dont want weight rules , so maybe just a restrictor plate like 1600 does (for single seat or two seat) on a 2.4 and everyones the same in the USA. Or the single seat 2.4 will eventually be racing in BITD by themselves. Little Compromize!! Great job Dale and Racer what clinic you put on and raced very clean. We were haulin and you flew by us.

Canidae co dawg

Dale was on the gas did he start last and pass everybody?? I think restrictors is a great idea there's no way my big two seat car could have keep up with that little rocket ship

fusionoffroad

I am not Shure restricting a 2.4 will work they still have the displacement and torque. Casey was fooled by somebody into believing
The 2.2 was discontinued and hard to find when that is 100% false it is still wily used in gm,s lineup.just as easy to get as a 2.0 or a 2.2. For the life of class 10 there has been displacement rules for a reason. Through a few lies and 1 promoter that did not due his homework a few call themselves winners under false pretence. I view if that makes you real good about you're selves then congrats on your win it must really feal good.

fusionoffroad

Le 8. 2.2 VVT ecotec.2011 Chevy hhr. Today on jeggs .com you can buy a 2.2 ecotec for $4,326.99 in a crate and can ship tomorrow. Besides when did VW quit producing the 1600. You don't here those guys whining about it being out of production. Last weekends winner is a great driver and does not need these unfair advantages to win.

Andy4

I agree with the restrictor plate not being a solution. They are a nightmare to deal with and racers would have to pay a good amount of money to have their engines re-tuned. But my post about allowing the SCORE rules isnt only about the Honda. There are other solid plat forms of engines to work with. Also I dont see how enforcing them is a problem when are sealed by a apppointed tech official. I know the crate engine from Jegs was only a example but that is 2 times the amount you can buy a solid used K series honda for. Also I'm interested how much money a ecotec will end up being after these things are truly figured out. Not to mentioned they are not a performance based engine to start with so we'll see how durable they are once this class gets real competitive again. I heard Dale's car kept dropping cylinders this weekend, heard a lot of these ecotec's have been doing this.

We are getting are echo-tec ready to install in our car and was wondering what problem we can expect to have. It sound like there was alot of problem at parker with the motor dose anybody have a list of problem that i can expect to have and who is the person to go to fix these problem. thanks