• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Terminating live wire in an wire harness

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
I am getting rid of and want to cut my abs sensor wires as I can’t figure it why I have an abs lift I’m on after replacing sensors and I’m over it. I’m also installing my long travel kit and don’t want abs anyways.

What the proper or best way to terminate the red and white wires? Like in this picture
IMG_0624.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am getting rid of and want to cut my abs sensor wires as I can’t figure it why I have an abs lift I’m on after replacing sensors and I’m over it. I’m also installing my long travel kit and don’t want abs anyways.

What the proper or best way to terminate the red and white wires? Like in this picture View attachment 186531

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the "best" way would be to trace it down through the harness and remove it entirely.

if you don't wish to go to the effort, cut the wire flush and seal it with glue lined heat shrink.

green787

A red or blue butt splice connector will protect the bare wires from hitting anything....as a dead end terminal..... then wrap them in electrical tape...

Kyle D

Removing the wiring completely is obviously the best option. If that proves too difficult or is going to cause you to jeopardize the rest of the harness, the glue lined heat shrink is a way better alternative to the butt connector. If you get into a factory harness that has un-used connections you will find that’s whats on them to protect the ends of the wires.