Tesla electric truck, new prerunner or race truck candidate?

Total Loss

Reaction
i thought these new fangled electric cars had auto braking, driving, collision avoidence compoters ect ect, so how are they getting all banged up??

The Model 3's are being leased by folks that used to drive a Prius and just got a raise...
They run into everything. (see my screen name)

Total Loss

Reaction
A little comp with the new E-Mustang suv...

Class E ?

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
I'm, just gonna say, IDC what it looks like but if that thing at $69k could carry my toy hauler with a full load for 500 miles, I would be VERY interested just because of the Tesla overkill on interior, features, metal, and "bullet proofness" (do not throw steel baseballs at me). It can't tow that range, so ok. But I am interested in seeing the interior design of what looks like a toy hauler on the website photos. No windows so that won't fly, but some person gave at least a cursory nod at us towing toys and I'd like to see that come to fruition. It's ugly but I don't care about norms or fashion. I can't wait to see tests on towing a toy hauler. I'll be disappointed but I'm not yet in the market, so...

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Ok I am bored not being at the B1K racing for the first time in forever, but in my boredome I counted 37 Teslas today. A lame one day experiment...I agree, but that is a chit ton of Elon's chit IMO.

green787

Reaction
Did you see it dragging the 4 x 4 F150 uphill like it was junk to be hauled away??? Did you see the entry angle and exit angle for rock crawling...??? Did you see it has more clearance than any truck out there??? And did you hear him say that the "off roaders are going to love this truck as it's ready to race baja????"....... I want one NOW....!!!!!

mexgamer

Reaction
Tesla should put together a racing effort to prove this truck. It should go 500 miles right? Make some modifications and race the 500! Now that would be a good testament to the truck’s capabilities! And now that Jimmie Johnson is retiring from NASCAR, hire him and get a lot of exposure from that.

Total Loss

Reaction
I wonder if Elon will void the warranty if you take these out on dirt roads like he has done with some S and 3's ???

I saw one stopped on El Mirage a couple of weeks ago after he hit a rut on the lake. Probably got zapped OFF through the satellite...lol

Total Loss

Reaction
And Model 3 rear bumpers fall off on the hwy when they get too much dirt and mud in them.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
cant wait to see a prerunner or chaser or this abomination 😂

PR electric truck.jpg

Bert is my name

Reaction
That thing looks like a 4 year old came up with the body design. But the straight lines negate the use of a tube bender. So that saves a few bucks. Sheet. I would cage it with 2 inch square tubing so I dont need to buy a notcher or a hole saw. Harbor freight chop saw and buzz box will be the only fab tools needed.

Bert is my name

Reaction
I just went back a few posts and saw the meme of elons rendering at age four. I totally just picked a random age for my previous post, jajaja. I guess I'm not the only one. It looks like a delorean on meth. Or what I should say, is that it looks like a tweaker tried to build a delorean. I think Elon would have done a better job if he painted that abomination black. That way the world could see how shoddy the workmanship actually is.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
The more I look at it... the more I like it.
Privacy and big brother control is a major concern with this vehicle just like all of the corporate produced EVs.

The specs is what sells me the most. However Tesla has a poor record of deadlines so come 2024 is perhaps the time to walk into a showroom website and explore purchasing options.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Back when I was in HS in 1995 in my shop class we had a computer program to design the best "car" and damn near everyone of us designed the exact same thing as this truck because it had the best aerodynamics (according to the computer program)

Wish I still had that program and a copy of our design, might be able to sue him for copying it lol

jon coleman

Reaction
must use that black nasty molydnium grease on All muffler bearings, dont use regular wheel grease!!Yeah! ^the front grill is ALL mazda navajo!!!!, ( i owned one, killer loaner car, ask ricky r.;)

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
So I watched the actual unveil thing last night on Youtube and that's the first time I think I've ever actually seen Musk speak. His creepiness alone makes me not want to buy a Tesla, lol. I mean, maybe hire someone else to do the roll out since you seem incapable of speaking like a normal person? It was just weird and I kept getting a "If I weren't rich, I'd probably be the unabomber" vibe. Watching the windows shatter was definitely the highlight though. Followed closely by the "powerful" swing his homedude took with the sledge hammer on the door, lol. About broke his back trying to swing it at the "regular" truck door, but seemed to run out of juice for the swing on the cyber truck.