Testing 62" Deavers

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Just finished mounting 62" Deavers on my Tacoma, here is a video out in Barstow in some narley whoops. It's cycling 21", in the video we still had about 4" of up travel.

:)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mxcmotorsports.com/testing.wmv>http://www.mxcmotorsports.com/testing.wmv</A>

gary

Reaction
Re: Testing 62\" Deavers

barstow looks so much less dusty than i remember!! if you can post some pics.....i'll be doing the same to my toy shortly, and all shackle/spring mount pics are welcome.........

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction

We still have to finish welding up all the tack welds, but as soon as its finished I'll be posting pics up here. It turned out to be a lot more time consuming then we first thought, but the satisfaction of doing it ourselves (and doing it right) feels good.

Props goes out to my brother, he did most the work, I handed him tools and drank 7up.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

HAHAHAH Thats pretty good.

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

EQuin

Reaction

Dang, I don't think my puny dial-up modem can handle the video download. Do you have any pics? I just posted a bunch of questions about your setup at Jordan's forum on delphi. Like Gary said, any spring mount/shackle pics would be most welcome!

Take care,

Ed Q.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

You gotta just download the video. That is the sickest test session I have ever seen...I think his springs are pissed after that one

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Crayfish

Reaction
You guys could fab-up a hole in the garage door directly above the rear pivot mount and get at least 5 more inches of travel.

orvacian

Reaction
I can't stop laughing!! The extra "ballast dude" seems to help a lot, I will make sure to buy one before we take my truck out for testing.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by orvacian on 05/20/02 00:19 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction

That's one big a$$ shackle!!!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jack

Reaction

Thats the longest shakle I have ever seen, I would recomend shortening that if you can then add some bracing across it to keep it from twisting then put some sliders on the frame to give it mor lateral suport.

motoxscott

Reaction

That shackle thats on there right now is for setup purposes only. The real shackle will be cross braced and much stronger. The shackle is 13" from bolt center to bolt center.

What do you recommend for sliders, delrin ??

motoxscott

Reaction

At full droop the shackle is almost perpendicular to the frame. I would say maybe 5 degrees back. At full compression the top of the rear leaf mount is 2" below the frame rail.

We've cycled it numerous times, and it seems that the geometery we have going is correct.

motoxscott

Reaction
Wont know for sure until its done, but I think it will sit pretty level or just a little low in the rear on a full tank. We put some bodies on there for simulation.

Jack

Reaction
Teflon is the way to go for sliders, It will not crush (much) and is very slipery.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

Where do you plan on putting the shackle cross brace to make it effective and not hit the on bump? Might have to wack off the back of the frame!

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

motoxscott

Reaction

The way it is now, the cross brace will have to be right above the leaf mount. I'm building a backbone into the shackles on the outside, but I'm not sure yet if that will be strong enough for side to side action.

or the other direction is to chop the frame...........