Testing Crashes

Carpenter

I heard that Marking crashed his racecar testing friday at plaster city.....
I can't belive how many people crash their cars while testing.
...there are more carshes testing than there are in an actual race why is this?

desertracer

I recall Kevin Oshnod(sp) crashing his jimco/ scat 4 out at barstow when we were running our first time, he messed up the back end of the car. We have had some close calls testing mainly because we might be testing a new setup suspension wise and it does something way out of the ordinary. We also like to see just how far we can push the car during testing so we know our limits during a race, much better to find out sooner rather than later.

Carpenter

From what i heard he is fine. It happened next to Evan hughes highway at plaster city. Tore off a rear trailing arm.....Thats all i heard. Don't know the details

michael_loomis

like danny says , they happen a lot because your usually testing something new (i.e. suspension setup) and your usually out on a section (the infamous jimco loop ! ) that you know very very well so you push harder than you would anywhere else .

Harpo

where is the infamous jimco loop?

michael_loomis

plaster city ...part of it is alongside evan hewes , then backside of the train tracks towards the freeway.

DG_BTI

John crashed his car at Plaster City last Friday out filming some footage for Fox. He was going the opposite way on the test track that he usually travels. He hit some big ass rollers at high speed and it upset the car enough that he couldn't get it back and rolled twice. He cracked a bone in his wrist and ripped off a rear arm. By Friday afternoon they had the car stripped, new body pannels being made, and Jimco started on a new arm. Saturday afternoon, Jimco had finnished the arm and the body pannels were at the painter. As of today, everything is a go and John will drive.

John Bitting

Administrator
Dennis, thank you for the update, Sorry to hear about John, glad to hear he is alright and the car is gonna be ready for Primm.

AP255

Got to love John getting back in for the race with a cracked bone. Real desert racers suck it up like he's doing! Hope he wins at Primm.

billymanfroy

My friend just sent me a pic snapped right before the wreck. Rumor has it he hit 138 mph just before this shot was taken. OUCH!! Glad to hear everyone's OK.

Attachments

tkr

Wow.....that's ugly

JeffS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
He cracked a bone in his wrist

[/ QUOTE ]
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jimco started on a new arm. Saturday afternoon, Jimco had finnished the arm

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL .. sounds to me like he's not racing with a broken bone, he got a new one. Ain't technology cool !!! ... and Jimco for that matter.

I hope he got the cromoly one.. and heat treated it....

ok, i'll stop.

: )

powerbox_builder

Wow,I know that road and you don't want to be pointing that way if your at speed. It sounds like the class 12 entry of Noe/Scaroni/MacCachren crashed testing in the same area a couple of days ago. Ripping the engine out of the car.

R_TAYLOR

I LIFT ON THOSE ROLLERS IN THAT SECTION WITH MY LITTLE 7 TRUCK. ITS GOOD TO HEAR MY FAVORITE FOX GUY WASNT HURT TOO BAD. GOOD LUCK IN PRIMM

michael_loomis

a good working 1600 car can hit that pinned in 4th ! if you've got the sack ! lol

good to see everyones OK and wow johns still gonna race , incredible.

BitorPerformance

true ares did but it was julson behind the wheel and it was on its maiden voyage (no real shock set up) but of coure mike and john helped us with that issue!

michael_loomis

i like mike a lot , but man that dude has issues !!! lol when i rode with him , he wasnt foot to the floor .... HE WAS FOOT THROUGH THE FRICKIN FLOOR !!

BitorPerformance

yeah my father rode with him ... but i got the better ride in markings car which is definetly not a 1-2-1600... for those people who say the unlimited guys have a smooth ride ( only a few that say that ) no way more suspension just means faster and harder not softer and quicker ...later on i saw the jump in the back of the test track that we tripled ... but w/ my bro marking went for all 4 if i remeber he was succesful ..... didnt look that big in the dominator but in a 1600 car wholly moley its a long way ....a real long way ( those who have been on the jimco test track know where i mean