• Forum membership has its advantages....

Texas race schedules for next year???

steve0we

I am looking for feedback for the 2012 season from Texas racers or racers interested in attending Texas races. This isnt a EDR or BRT related, this is race related so lets try to keep it that way please.

1. HOW MANY RACES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN TEXAS NEXT SEASON?
2. HOW MANY RACES DO YOU THINK YOU WILL ATTEND?

Personally, I will try to attend a max of 2 races next season in Texas and will be at Parker for sure and have V2R on my list depending on budget. I would like a spring race that works around Parker and or Mint if it happens. I dont really think I can swing a third race based on temps(to hot in the Texas summer to make it fun). I have heard that there may be 2 Odessa races next year, anyone have any more info? BRT has its schedule out, but I feel it will change and isnt very solid at this point(I know, im not following party lines) but thats what I think. If there is a long Odessa race later next season again, I will attend for sure, I want to run the new course that everyone really enjoyed. I love racing Texana and would like to get a Odessa event under my belt next season as well.

What are your thoughts on a mid summer fun run again this year. Maybe the racers could schedule something at Andys prop in Austin, non race related, but a fee based summer get together? I know I would pay $100.00 bucks to camp and run for a weekend and with it being so close to austin/ SA, it would be easy to help pick up the prop. after the event... With some planning, we could cover insurance for the land owner and give them a few buck, and turn it into a summer or late spring bash????

Osito

I would like to see 3-4 races in Texas next year, but that will be difficult for those racing out west as well. Here are some of the larger events going on next year (I haven't seen EDR or BRT dates yet). None of these dates are 'official' just me trying to plan for next year (I need to get the RDC calendar!):

Jan 6- 7 Parker 250 (BITD)
Feb 3- 5 Parker 425 (BITD)
Mar 30-31 Mint 400 (SNORE)
May 5- 9 Mexican 1000 (NORRA)
May 11-12 Bluewater GP (BITD)
Jun ?1- 3 Baja 500 (SCORE)
Aug 16-18 Vegas2Reno (BITD)
Nov ?15-18 B1000 (SCORE)

Mid summer fun-run? Hell yeah! Great chance to do some testing, and a pretty good opportunity for the many TX racers to get a feel for other classes of cars. There are a lot of guys looking to step into different classes (Boyd, Madla Bros., etc).

(Disclaimer: All views, opinions, and ideas expressed above are from a co-driver and don't actually matter.) :)

lowfatbug

I am going to "TRY" to make 3 or 4 next season, it will depend on how much I break and how long to fix it in the 1st race

Faulk9

Mid summer fun-run? Hell yeah! Great chance to do some testing, and a pretty good opportunity for the many TX racers to get a feel for other classes of cars. There are a lot of guys looking to step into different classes (Wayne "Insane" Faulkner).

Heck ya.....I'm game!!!!

texasag02

I would like to see 3-4 races at 3-4 different locations. As long as the dates aren't around some of the more popular races out west I bet we will have a good showing. Also, instead of a fun run in the summer, why not have a short distance race 150-180 miles. Those are a lot easier and cheaper to get ready for and race.

Wild bill

Steve,
Here's what you and I talked about last week.....
For BRT, I suggest....
1. Mid March Fun Run/Testing at Texana ranch. Charge $50.00 for the use of the ranch. Friday/ Saturday only
2. April race 250 mile
3. October race 300 mile

Any more races would crimp alot of racers on time and cost to prep their cars. The current BRT setup in working just fine......

Power Monkey

Steve,
Here's what you and I talked about last week.....
For BRT, I suggest....
1. Mid March Fun Run/Testing at Texana ranch. Charge $50.00 for the use of the ranch. Friday/ Saturday only
2. April race 250 mile
3. October race 300 mile

Any more races would crimp alot of racers on time and cost to prep their cars. The current BRT setup in working just fine......
It like this for 2012.

Juts one selfish request. Keep that 300 as Texas tough as it was, less a few tight sections.

I like the longer races. We have do he same prep for a 150 miler as we do for a 300 less race gas. This last BRT race was the ticket. Bravo!

Texasnative

How about points sharing between the organization to create an incentive to support the current organizations in Texas?

steve0we

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think that both groups will take a look at all of it and come up with gameplans for 2012 shortly. Has anyone talked to JC about the number of events he is thinking about having next year? Im glad to see racers are willing to attend any and all of the Texas events next year which will keep Texas racing growing for sure.

Anyone headed to Floresville this weekend for some short course action?

EDRgirls

EDR will have 3 races for sure, one being a New Years Eve Powder Puff in Austin and one Odessa for sure. We are working out the kinks and working with BRT on coordinating race schedules and should have our schedule posted in a few days.

steve0we

EDR will have 3 races for sure, one being a New Years Eve Powder Puff in Austin and one Odessa for sure. We are working out the kinks and working with BRT on coordinating race schedules and should have our schedule posted in a few days.
New Years Powder Puff?????....... now you just changed it all.... Let me get the car back together! I wont hear the end of it if we dont attend. Maybe Allen and I will team up and get his car back together and put the girls in it! Mine needs alot of love if we are going to Parker...... \m/

firsttimer

Steve, I would like to see 3 races next year avoiding Parker, V to R, and the 1000 by at least 6 weeks for prep time. I gave you the suggestion verbally, but I suggest a Laughlin style race at Texana with a 10-20 mile loop with separation of fast classes and slow classes to ease congestion. As you know, most unlimited racers are not going to show up again with the course the way it is. I have damaged my steering ram every time at Texana, and never at the real desert courses due to repeated end stop punishment. I think there is plenty of room for such a race but nesting 40+ miles into such a small area is lunacy, especially if the wind is not blowing. Dust from the adjacent path is a problem even if you are not passing a car in front of you. I hope a longer course is a reality for next year, or that BRT and EDR find a way to combine points.

Mike Walser

sketchmedia.us

I'm going to Floresville this weekend. My wife is super stoked about the new years powder puff race. It's her second time on the track but first time behind the wheel.

treypal

Steve, I would like to see 3 races next year avoiding Parker, V to R, and the 1000 by at least 6 weeks for prep time. I gave you the suggestion verbally, but I suggest a Laughlin style race at Texana with a 10-20 mile loop with separation of fast classes and slow classes to ease congestion. As you know, most unlimited racers are not going to show up again with the course the way it is. I have damaged my steering ram every time at Texana, and never at the real desert courses due to repeated end stop punishment. I think there is plenty of room for such a race but nesting 40+ miles into such a small area is lunacy, especially if the wind is not blowing. Dust from the adjacent path is a problem even if you are not passing a car in front of you. I hope a longer course is a reality for next year, or that BRT and EDR find a way to combine points.

Mike Walser
I like the Laughlin idea. It would also allow the slower class guys an opportunity to spectate the big dogs. I know that the Notrees course has room to add at least 10 more miles bringing the total loop to over 60, I think a loop that size would help with the congestion problems. It is dusty out there though.