Texas Shamrock 200/Erick Ok race - New Dates

sfrick

Reaction
We have changed the dates for the Shamrock 200 race to June 12th - 13th. We are coordinated all future race dates with NM Outlaw Desert Racing. By shifting our race date, there will 6 weeks between our race and the NM race. This allows enough prep time for our racers to go to NM to race and the NM racers to make it to our races.

The Shamrock race is closer for most of the NM racers then for a lot of the TX racers, so we hope to see a good turn out from them. I know several of us are going to the NM race the first of May.

We know this will cause some problems for people that had already scheduled Memorial Day weekend for our race. However, in the long run, our coordination of race dates with NM Outlaw Racing will lead to a healthier series for both groups.

sfrick

Reaction
It is hard to say at this point. John and I are going to race his truck in the May NM race. David Wier may also go race his truck if his baseball team does not make it to regionals. We are going to publize the Shamrock race there and hope to get commintments from the NM racers. They are expecting 60 - 80 at their race. Hopefully we can get 10 - 30 to come to TX.

What are you doing that weekend? It would be great to see you there also.

www.Texasoff-road.com

texasag02

Reaction
I have been kicking it around. I wouldn't be able to bring the car, since the engine will be torn down, but thought it would be fun to help you guys out.

Wild bill

Reaction
So did the course get laid out or did the rain shut that down? Any heads up on what to expect.....rocks,silt technical?

sfrick

Reaction
We have put off the course layout trip until the end of May. We will have more details then.

John and I are going to race the NM race first. We hope to get a good turnout from their racers at the Shamrock 200.

stefin182

Reaction
Ok, we have 16 days till this race, who's coming so far? I will be there, trying to get our car race ready, will assist with race ops if not racing. Roll-call!

JD Durfey

Reaction
I was in Mesquite on Monday helping the Hooters 16 car. They will be there if they get the car back together. I am coming to help them as well. Even if they don't go, I am thinking about going to watch and help someone else that might need some help.

HAVE TOOLS WILL TRAVEL!!!

deviate films

Reaction
This race will be fun Steve. I am coming out from California to film this race feo Rusty Stevens Trophy Truck team. I look forward to filming everyone somewhere a little different the Nevada desert. See you guys there

Brian- Deviate Films

texasag02

Reaction
I will be there. Glad to see we already have a good entry list on the website. Only thing is I am going to be in trouble for running my class 12 car in the 1600 class???

Hope you get some good footage for us Brian. Thanks for coming out.

Fast Eddy

Reaction
I'll be there with our 1600 car. I seen Wild Bill the other nite and he's got the trophy truck setting ready to go. Should be fun to have something this close to home for a change.

Wild bill

Reaction
I talked to John Clark yesterday and he is going to Erick this weekend to scope out motels. He suggested waiting to book a motel until he posts his findings on the TORE website.

jps1145

Reaction
I'm for sure going. First timer... May need to show my go-dog how to pull the net down quick if he needs to loose his groceries... for that matter, maybe I should practice:eek:
Car is just about ready. I need to stud the wheels and secure a few things and we're good to go.

westtexasbaja

Reaction
Just got back from scouting. It's going to be a great course! Lots of elevation change. Google has it at 250 feet or so. Feels like more. Still piecing the loop together....

Steve shot some in-car footage that will be posted later.

G.

sfrick

Reaction
The course will have lots of fast sections, technical sections and great elevation changes! The ranch we are running on is absoutely beautiful. It will be worth the drive to see the ranch and race there. The owner is very interested in making it a yearly event.

John is posting some new info on the website. We got some great hotel deals in Shamrock. We are doing Tech/Contigency downtown Shmarock. Should be a great party. Shamrock is providing live music. The town is dry, but they like to party, so make sure to bring your own beer. Tech will go from 7 - 10 on Friday. We will be right across the street from the garage used in the movie "Cars".

Hey NM racers - Are any of you going to show up? It is only about a 4 hour drive. You will love the course! Hope to see you there.

sfrick

Reaction
Is there class 10? class 1?

We currently do not have any registered yet. We have 2 trophy trucks, 1450's, 12's, 1600's, 5's, JeepSpeeds, etc. We hope to get some 10's and 1's. Even if we don't, come and race. Your green car was quick at the last NM race. I would love to see it run again.