• Forum membership has its advantages....

Textron Completes Arctic Cat Acquisition for 247 Million

baja619

Interesting. I just came across a few articles and hope it works out for the brand and future product offerings.

Textron completes Arctic Cat acquisition, looks ahead | Powersports Business
The Arctic Cat Board of Directors unanimously approved the cash transaction valued at approximately $247 million, plus the assumption of existing debt. Textron, through its Textron Specialized Vehicles wholly owned subsidiary, offered to purchase all outstanding shares of Arctic Cat for $18.50 per share in cash, a 40.7 percent premium to the closing price of ACAT stock.

The move came after Arctic Cat reported four consecutive quarters of losses, including a net loss of $12.8 million, or $0.98 per share in the Sept. 30, 2016-ending second quarter of the company’s fiscal 2017.

As a company that was built on snowmobiles first, Arctic Cat has a stronger presence in the snow belt, while Textron Specialized Vehicles, based in Augusta, Georgia, has a firmer grip on the South.

Textron Inc. is a $13.8 billion company with operations in more than 25 countries and about 35,000 employees. From 1968-81 it owned Arctic Cat’s Minnesota rival Polaris. Textron is now the company behind Bell Helicopter, Textron Aviation, Textron Systems and Textron Financial Corporation, as well as Textron Specialized Vehicles. Under the Textron Specialized Vehicles umbrella are brands Textron Off Road (formerly Bad Boy Off Road), E-Z-GO golf cars and personal transportation vehicles, Cushman commercial utility vehicles, Dixie Chopper zero-turn mowers, Jacobsen professional turf-care equipment, and Douglas, TUG, Premier and Safeaero ground support equipment.

baja619

I suppose it should bring a smile to anyone who has spent any time "goofing" around in a golf cart.

dbq61537

Their going to combine the Trail Cat line and the Bad Boy Buggies into one company

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

baja619

Textron Off Road. They had already made the decision to transform Bad Boy Buggies before the the Arctic Cat acquisition.

I dont blame them for dropping the Bad Boy Buggies name from a branding and market perspective.

dbq61537

First time I heard the name Bad Boy Buggies...I thought it was a baby stroller line.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert