• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Textron Off Road going back to Arctic Cat

Vision Hype

Just read about it on the Textron Off Road website. Anyone have any more info on this? Seems like the Textron brand was getting good traction. Also they just invested all of that money into Dakar with Robby for Textron.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Steve Marolda

They should have never changed it to Textron in the first place, that's a horrible name. It sounds like just what it is, some generic corporate name. They should name it Cat and then have Artic Cat for the snowmobiles and Desert Cat for the atv / utv side.

mrlentle

They should have never changed it to Textron in the first place, that's a horrible name. It sounds like just what it is, some generic corporate name. They should name it Cat and then have Artic Cat for the snowmobiles and Desert Cat for the atv / utv side.
Good luck getting the Cat name - think Caterpillar might get a bit pissy with that idea.

Vision Hype

I felt Textron Off Road was a good move. It gave those machines a whole new identity to go along with the complete makeover they went through. It would not be good to mix them up with the previous years model of Arctic Cat.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

johndjmix

ADVERTISER
The big thing with arctic cat is most people, including myself, associate the name with the snowmobiles they make. They make dam good sleds!

But, the name just doesn’t work for a machine used in the opposite of snow!

The machines look awesome but Arctic cat and that green color just don’t do it for me in the marketing dept.

—John

ksmith

For me the textron name defined it to me as a new machine. Re-Naming it Arctic Cat at this point is a bad move IMO. I’ve owned Arctic cat sleds and was not impressed. I myself will never buy another Arctic cat based on my poor past experience. Maybe their QC has improved but I still have a bad taste in my mouth.

mattb

Polaris has the RZR, Can-Am has the Maverick, it makes sense for the parent company to keep themselves represented in their product.
To start a new company for their SxS and abandon their own name (which brings customer loyalty and trust)was a miss, in my eyes.