TH400 swap

Reaction
I just swapped a th400 (manual valve body) in place of my stock 4L60E in my 01' silverado. Along with that, we got rid of the a/c, and a lot of smog lines/hoses, EGR hoses, plus we also added headers, new exhaust etc. My question is what electrical problems will I run into when i go to start the truck? I'm sure the computer will not understand what has happened and will need some tuning of some sort. Does anyone know of someone who does tuning or have any suggestions for what we can do? Thank you.

StGeorge-Motorsports.com

Reaction
Check into EFILive. It is the best tuning software for GM vehicles. I might know someone that can help. Please pm me if you want contact info.

scottm

Reaction
You are going to have a lot of problems. Did you put the O2 sensor back into the new exhaust?

jpndave

Reaction
We have used http://www.hptuners.com/ with engine/transmission swaps and have been happy with the results. One possiblilty if the tuning doesn't work out is to get a computer for a manual transmission truck, might simplify at least the transmission part of the equation. I think you will be able to tune it out though.

Good Luck!