Thank You BFG

bugged

Reaction
Just wanted to thank BFG and all its crews out there at the 1000 this year, we started out with some shifter issues and were running behind. We didn't quit and were able to pick up some miles the first night. From BFG Relay, to their crews in the field, what a great group of people. At BFG Pit 6 our car caught on fire, yep the electrical shorted out and burned up the wiring loom. I was at check 3 waiting to get into the car. Bummed when I got the news, I called the Co Driver and told him it would be 3 hours but I was coming to fix the wiring. Taking the long way around, I got a pleasant call from BFG Relay, the guys at BFG Pit 6 had rewired the car and it was ready for me when I got there. We made it to RM 1085 and were way over the time limit, we decided to bring her into La Paz and some much needed rest. Thank you BFG Pit 6, you guys rock.

Robert Johnson

J Burleson

Reaction
Sorry you didn't get the finish, but congrats on a solid effort and props to bfg 6 for taking care of you!
I had our power steering return line cut at rm 53 when another car drove thru us. I drove it to bfg pit 1(rm 130) with no power steering. We pulled in and they immediately went to work getting panels off. By the time I got out of the car, they had already check inventory and didn't have any push lock hose. Then one of the guys says, "what about that hose we made for Robby? Didn't he bring that back?" Another guy goes and retrieved a hose that had the right fittings, almost exactly the right length as what we needed! Apparently they had made it for RG(not sure when) and one of his crew had returned about an hour before we pulled in!! They swapped it out, while I got some water and snacks and flirted with the El Rey girl that was hanging out. We bled the system, and down the road we went to the finish line! We also finished on the same 4 bfgs(class 10 project) that we started on!! BFG FTMFW!

mgobaja

Reaction
We were heading to our planned fuel stop at BFG Bay Of LA, radioed in what we needed ( fuel, new spare and some aspirin ), shortly after we arrived, I was handed the aspirin, while they were working on the other requested items. They also took the time to confirm our fuel needs once the car was full, as it took only about 60% of what we sent there to be dumped. Awesome group that staffs these pits. Thank you so much for being in the places we needed.