Thank you KOTD spectators

D. Freeman

A huge thank you to the guys right past the first trestle that helped change our left rear flat (#1455). you guys are awesome. Thanks again. Did anyone happen to get pics or footage of our endo going up poleline toward the plaster plant on the first lap?

D. Freeman

Oops I forgot to thank the Ashcraft crew for giving us some cold water and letting me hide from the swarm of bees that flew over. Good times.

NIKAL

Yes great thread! I want to thank the guys and gal in the 4 seater that came over after I broke a stub axle at mile 28 to see if we were ok and they gave us 2 bottles of water.

I also want to thank Stephine for all her hard work to mark out a great track, and from what I have read I am not the only one who seems to feel this was a great race. Also liked the new section that we got to race on. Stephanie also said we can expect even more new sections at the June 13th Night race as the MDR land survey has opened up several more miles of Plaster City for us all to race on.

Also I want to thank all the volunteers at this race. The road crossings were well patrolled and the check points were also well staffed. I liked coming through those check points and seeing all those check point sponsors banners who help MDR support the volunteers and make it possible for MDR to give them Food, cold drinks, EZ-Up's and goodies. Some of the goodies given away at this race were, California Metals & UPR T-Shirts, UPR Koozie Cups, Slime Bottle openers, Slime round tire gauges, Off-Road calenders, off-road videos, and 3 more Slime mini compressors with bottles of Slime were given away.

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Oops I forgot to thank the Ashcraft crew for giving us some cold water and letting me hide from the swarm of bees that flew over. Good times.
LOL! No problem Danny. How crazy and random was that! Right in the middle of packing up I hear what sounds like a bunch of screaming women. I look over and see like 5 guys running in terror from this huge swarm of bees. I franticly start closing all the doors and windows on our jeep. Here comes Danny "IM ALLERGIC TOO BEES!" "LET ME IN!" Good thing you Keep your shots handy. That could have been bad.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
I need to throw out a big thank you to Adam Ashcraft for helping us out. Our truck was having fuel pick-up problems and the engine died just north of Checkpoint 5. Adam and his friend drove their Jeep down to the end of Gypsum Rd, picked up a dump can of fuel from me and brought it back to our truck.

From everyone at Deputy Sheriff Racing,

Thank you Adam!!!!!!!

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
I need to throw out a big thank you to Adam Ashcraft for helping us out. Our truck was having fuel pick-up problems and the engine died just north of Checkpoint 5. Adam and his friend drove their Jeep down to the end of Gypsum Rd, picked up a dump can of fuel from me and brought it back to our truck.

From everyone at Deputy Sheriff Racing,

Thank you Adam!!!!!!!
No Problem Guys! Now if I can only figure out where the can ended up........? lol

zoomlenz4u

Good to hear there were considerate people out there willing to give a helping hand. For the most part we had a great experience shooting the race with one exception.

While waiting for the race to start around rm 8, there were a large group of spectators with cameras both stills and video. About 25 people. Every body was set up as to allow everyone to get clear shots of approaching racers at this great photo opp section. Then after a couple of cars raced by, a pit crew came and parked infront of everyone and blocked the view. After courteously asking the driver if he could move up a little as to allow everyone that was already waiting for the race to shoot their pic/videos. He then responded by saying, "Hey, I'm working this and your just a photographer". So then I just stated to him so you think your better than me cause your a racer and I'm a photographer. Cool". The crowd began to scream at them to move and another guy that was with him stated, "F--- you! hope you brought your tissue". The crowd then just re-positioned to get the best pics/video possible. After their vehicle drove by they got in their truck and left but not without showing thier IQ. Yes they flipped off everyone. Got the pics and video but I won't post. They know who they are and I feel sorry for them. To bad that these guys feel they are better than someone else. I'm hoping the actual racers doesn't condone this type of character. It gives off-road racing a black-eye.:eek:

DanDan

Hey Luis, Sorry to hear about the buttheads. Some people have no class. One time I was out at a good photo spot and two trucks with the LC crew pulled in. The first thing they wanted to know was if they were in my way. I'll always remember that when shooting.

PreKota

Good to hear there were considerate people out there willing to give a helping hand. For the most part we had a great experience shooting the race with one exception.

While waiting for the race to start around rm 8, there were a large group of spectators with cameras both stills and video. About 25 people. Every body was set up as to allow everyone to get clear shots of approaching racers at this great photo opp section. Then after a couple of cars raced by, a pit crew came and parked infront of everyone and blocked the view. After courteously asking the driver if he could move up a little as to allow everyone that was already waiting for the race to shoot their pic/videos. He then responded by saying, "Hey, I'm working this and your just a photographer". So then I just stated to him so you think your better than me cause your a racer and I'm a photographer. Cool". The crowd began to scream at them to move and another guy that was with him stated, "F--- you! hope you brought your tissue". The crowd then just re-positioned to get the best pics/video possible. After their vehicle drove by they got in their truck and left but not without showing thier IQ. Yes they flipped off everyone. Got the pics and video but I won't post. They know who they are and I feel sorry for them. To bad that these guys feel they are better than someone else. I'm hoping the actual racers doesn't condone this type of character. It gives off-road racing a black-eye.:eek:
you should post it..thats completely ridiculous..

zoomlenz4u

I would post it but I don't to cause more damage to the kids that were there to watch the races with their parents or the kids that were there with the pit crew. The pictures also have kids there. Its a total shame what these guys did infront of these kids more than anything.

TNT race photo

A huge thank you to the guys right past the first trestle that helped change our left rear flat (#1455). you guys are awesome. Thanks again. Did anyone happen to get pics or footage of our endo going up poleline toward the plaster plant on the first lap?
That was brit, carl, rex and friends brt racing, always ready to pull you out change a
tire turn a wrench or drink a beer....the ultimate race fans. if you need help thats where you will find them pull on in.

zoomlenz4u

Hey Luis, Sorry to hear about the buttheads. Some people have no class. One time I was out at a good photo spot and two trucks with the LC crew pulled in. The first thing they wanted to know was if they were in my way. I'll always remember that when shooting.
Dan,
I guess sometimes people can forget that they aren't alone in this world.

Tundranation

Yes great thread! I want to thank the guys and gal in the 4 seater that came over after I broke a stub axle at mile 28 to see if we were ok and they gave us 2 bottles of water.

I also want to thank Stephine for all her hard work to mark out a great track, and from what I have read I am not the only one who seems to feel this was a great race. Also liked the new section that we got to race on. Stephanie also said we can expect even more new sections at the June 13th Night race as the MDR land survey has opened up several more miles of Plaster City for us all to race on.

Also I want to thank all the volunteers at this race. The road crossings were well patrolled and the check points were also well staffed. I liked coming through those check points and seeing all those check point sponsors banners who help MDR support the volunteers and make it possible for MDR to give them Food, cold drinks, EZ-Up's and goodies. Some of the goodies given away at this race were, California Metals & UPR T-Shirts, UPR Koozie Cups, Slime Bottle openers, Slime round tire gauges, Off-Road calenders, off-road videos, and 3 more Slime mini compressors with bottles of Slime were given away.
let's not forget the people who stage the cars for the race and the ROVERS !!! :D

Thanks Tim for once again helping me stage ! :D

NIKAL

let's not forget the people who stage the cars for the race and the ROVERS !!! :D

Thanks Tim for once again helping me stage ! :D
You are correct! These are the people who make racing possible for all of us. I know staging the 5/16 is a chore as they have been doing the side by side starts. Its a challenge as the car numbers do not assign the starting positions like Score's # do. And the rovers are the forgotten people as there job is to support the race, but they are rarely ever seen as they are roving around the course looking for teams who might need help, or that might be "Creative" and found a short cut.

pdailey

Racer
You are correct! These are the people who make racing possible for all of us. I know staging the 5/16 is a chore as they have been doing the side by side starts. Its a challenge as the car numbers do not assign the starting positions like Score's # do. And the rovers are the forgotten people as there job is to support the race, but they are rarely ever seen as they are roving around the course looking for teams who might need help, or that might be "Creative" and found a short cut.
You guys should put a sticker on their car like 1,2,3 like we did for the Mint 400. That way you can easily tell where they start.