Thank you LOORRS

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
First off, big thanks for bringing short course off road to the Phoenix area, it was great to attend a marquee race at home for once. Secondly thanks to all the staff at LOORRS and Lucas for putting on a great event, making the long days eating dirt so fun and for all your efforts to make things easy for the Media Goons.

ScoreWhore

Reaction
What a great weekend out at Speedworld! Everything seemed to run smoothly and everyone I talked to was impressed with the facitlities. Awesome turn out too. Finally, short course racing in Phoenix! Yippeeeee

desertjunky

Reaction
racing was great to watch, but best of all was hearing the spectators coment. About how much fun they where having and wanting to know when it would be back in town. They where eating it up and realy enjoying the entire event

Snapshot

Reaction
First off, big thanks for bringing short course off road to the Phoenix area, it was great to attend a marquee race at home for once. Secondly thanks to all the staff at LOORRS and Lucas for putting on a great event, making the long days eating dirt so fun and for all your efforts to make things easy for the Media Goons.
I'll second that, Lucas gets that we are there to help promote the sport. Thanks to Poppy and her crew for being so great to work with. Speedworld is an awesome venue, I'm looking forward to the October event and hope it becomes a regular stop for LOORRS. It's nice to have a race so close to home.

B&A Motorsports

Reaction
What a great event and nice to get some great racing in our back yard hope this is a start of some great things to come.Everyone seemed to have a great time and the track was setup up nice.Congrats to Lucas and everyone involved.

SandGurl

Reaction
The AZBaja clan had an absolute blast! It was super racing action and it was great to be able to walk amongst the pits and see everyone working and get to meet them, take pics and hang out. We cannot wait for the next race, which will no doubt be a sell out crowd again!

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
The Arizona fans were awesome and I want to thank them. For 3 years now I have been trying to convince the promoters that Phoenix was a great market. Arizonans love their off road and are huge racing fans, we need a race in Phx. We finally got it and you guys did not disappoint. I stayed late BS'ing with the fans and did not meet a single disappointed fan, everyone was stoked and can't wait for the next one.

Hats off to the SpeedWorld crew and Lucas Oil for taking an abandoned circle track and creating (what I felt) was the best west coast race track since the original Chula.
The dirt was killer, stayed loamy and provided multiple passing lanes which in turn provided great racing.

Rob

outlaws1000

Reaction
From a spectators point of view we need more bleachers. I loved to hear that fans were turned away at the gates on Saturday, because they ran out of seats. That tells me that racing might pull in more then we think. The bathrooms were clean and there were plenty of them, my bladder appreciates that. Thanks to the water trucks for not only the track being watered down, but also were the vendors were.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Top Notch Event. Racer friendly, spectator friendly, open pits, and if ya parked close enough to the entrance, you could walk back to the car, grab a beer and walk back in with it. The Breeze that blew all weekend was great also. I will never miss one of these....

Thanks for everyone (especially FIG) who was instrumental in getting this event in AZ...

Sold Out Crowd two days in a row. Did anyone miss the billion dollar jumbo tron??? Not me...

07FJRog

Reaction
I had a blast, and Thank you Tony and Lee for letting us UTV peeps in the series. :)
I hope our show for the crowd was entertaining. I look forward to the whole series.

I also got to see some great trucks and buggies race! Fantastic

Rog

#657 Flying Banana Rhino

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Event was great and Lucas treated the media very well. They were open to suggestions as far as track access, and they even fed us. Imagine that. Overall I think the event was a big success.

elqdeasu

Reaction
Awesome event! Thanks LOORRS. I wouldn't change much except maybe more bleachers cause it's going to bring even more people next time once everyone hears how good this one was.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Did anyone miss the billion dollar jumbo tron??? Not me...

No need for it since the podium was brought back in front of the fans.

450grl

Reaction
There wasn't a thing we didn't like about the way this weekend was run!! THANK YOU for allowing UTV's into this series!! THANK YOU for bringing it out to Arizona AND to Speedworld, as well! I can't tell you how cool it was to overhear fans in the stands who were REALLY excited about the races! In Cali, the fans all enjoyed it, but it seemed like they had "been there, done that" all before.....for most of our AZ fans, this was the first time they had experienced this type of racing!!! I have a bunch of friends who asked me already today when the next round was coming, because they want to come back, and this time bring a bunch of friends and family!

The schedule was thoughtfully made, and kept fans in their seats until the very last race!! Everything was run on time, the pits were professional and very fan friendly, there were a lot of vendors and stuff to buy, and it just seemed that the overall mood this weekend was relaxed and happy. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be back to racing at this level and it showed on the track as well as off.

The crew was friendly and helpful, from the registration ladies to the tech crew to the track crew to security......and the whole event just smacked of professionalism! We are commiting to this series, and will be at every round this year - and happy to be able to say that! See you all at the races!!!

garlen33

Reaction
Yea they will need more grandstands mabye on the backside of the track where the trucks were staging. Next time i will bring my family and camp for the whole weekend

RBPBOB

Reaction
GREAT JOB LUCAS OIL This had to one of the best tracks ive seen so far even with the ruff rithim section ..maybee a little less would be better ...any how put more stands up cuzz your going to need them when the word gets out .I drove from yorba linda stayed to last race then hurried home to finish my car on hold ..again great job ...

Tom_Willis

Reaction
During the TK races we worked the left-hander where the hay bales were. There were also two triangular banner fences at the exit (outside) of the turn. Saw a VERY talented young racer (Carolyn Lenk?) who got up on two wheels, but kept control and shot thru the obstacles, got back on 4 wheels and zoomed back on the track like a real pro. I hope somebody has video of that move because it impressed all of us a LOT. The rest of the weekend we worked turn one, which means watching racers try not to kiss the K-rail while we are being showered in rocks. Was amazed how fast those UTV's could drift through there. I thought for sure someone would lose it and cartwheel right off the track. Saw some fierce racing all weekend long in every class. The breeze kept the dust away from the grandstands all day, and best of all we got fed three times a day by the promoter, too!

450grl

Reaction
That was my favorite corner (turn one) - I am pretty sure I came within about a hairs width of that k-rail a few times! Sorry!!! ;)

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
That was one of the best races I have ever attended. Lucas has a great series run by awesome people. Is there any way to add races to the calendar? :D

baja619

Reaction
The crew was friendly and helpful, from the registration ladies to the tech crew to the track crew to security......and the whole event just smacked of professionalism! We are commiting to this series, and will be at every round this year - and happy to be able to say that! See you all at the races!!!
Ill say! Super organized and real pros. Lucas Oil and crew really showed AZ how to do short course racing. Even the guys cruising around delivering ice and picking up trash were on it.

What a great weekend of racing.