Thank You Robby Gordon

Anderson Bros Racing

RDC Crypto
My wife and I used to watch NASCAR until Robby stopped racing. It is just not the same now that he is not racing, I have tried to force my self to cheer on other drivers, but it is just not the same.

Al Swearengen

RDC Crypto
From my perspective Robby has always taken the time to mingle with his fans. At this years Parker 425 before qualifying on Thursday, Robby and his Co-driver were out walking the start of the qualifying track. After appearing to complete their assement of the track around the start Robby spent 15-20 minutes with a young family with a couple young kids to talk and take pictures and sign autographs with his young fans..Of all the qualifiers that day he was the only one out walking and talking to the people.

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
RG is the man!!!! He has been extremely nice and accommodating to me and my family over the years!!! I look forward to his post-NASCAR career as much as I have the rest of his career!!! I really think the SST series will be a big success!!!

conejoracer

RDC Crypto
I've been a fan if Robby since 1986 when I first saw him race. I've encountered him many times over the years on and off the track, he has always been pleasant to be around. He is cocky, but I think that goes along with his talent and ambition.
At Parker this year, he took the time to sign autographs and speak to his fans from the seat of his race truck, despite having a headache and the disappointment of knowing he was penalized and most likely wouldn't get the win. He made my 5 year old daughter very happy by giving her a couple of minutes of his time listening to her and responding to her questions that day.
He is a fierce competitor, a world class talent, and an ambassador for off road racing.
Thanks Robby!

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
Wasn't a real fan of RG until reading this post. Looking back he is an advocator of the sport in a major spot light. Confidence is a better word than cocky. You will likely never see Jimmie Johnson in the desert again. Glad RG raced the Hammers, maybe he can speak on the attempted closure of Johnson Valley!!! NEW RG FAN here.

RG could have given up on off-road racing and become a full time NASCAR driver/owner; I assure you he would have won a championship already and I assure it would have been an easier way to make money since NASCAR is widely recognized. Instead, RG's passion is off-road racing and he is now trying to give it more exposure with the new SST series!!! He could have done what Jimmy Johnson did... Move to NASCAR and forget about off-road racing. I mean, I can't blame JJ, he does great obviously but I bet most of the desert "familia" feels kinda betrayed by JJ... He could easily race at least one Baja 1000 and bring some exposure to desert racing, you know, give something back to the community that watched him start his career as a professional driver.

Big Guy

RDC Crypto
Thank you RG for all the racing efforts in the last few months. It was fun to watch you in Dakar fly that Hummer through the Andes. It was fun to watch you dominate Parker in your TT and then put Pistol Pete in his place afterwards. It was fun to watch you race at King of the Hammer's in a 4WD Rock Crawler and showcase your Stadium Trucks in the desert. Thank you for all the time and effort put into racing....all while growing/building a Stadium Truck series on the side. You do more for off-road racing than most people give you credit for....keep it up!

Well said.... I've been a RG fan since the 80s, it's been fun following his career. Glad to see that he is back into offroad full time.

Jimmy8

RDC Crypto
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
I've got to say, getting to know Robby the past year and a half the guy is a class act. His "Cockiness" reminds me of another guy that my dad was good friends with, Mickey Thompson. Mickey was as cocky as they come, and the man could back up every word. On a race track, in a street fight, it didn't matter, it was Game On. As Mickey told my dad once, if you are getting on race track and don't think you are the baddest mother **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!**er to ever walk the face of the earth and don't honestly think in your mind that you are going to win the race, then there is no point in racing, go and watch the show on TV. That is Robby.

In the past year I have learned a tremendous amount. He doesn't say he watch this. You have to observe and listen. Same goes with anyone that is great at something. If you "haters" would pull your head out of the sand for 5 minutes and just observe what someone like Robby does, both on the racetrack and off, you would be so much better off. Does Robby have his faults? Of course, we all do. Is he the best ambassador this sport has ever had? Hands down! Thanks for everything you do Robby. Looking forward to being apart of the ride that is to come.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Desert racing began in the 1920s not when Earth was blessed with the gift of Robby Gordon.

And golf was started around the 15th century yet nobody can name more than one or two active golfers, one including Tiger Woods...so what's your point?

Tiger Woods became who he is in his sport because he is one of, if not the best in the world.

Robby Gordon is arguably one of, if not the best off road racers in the world.

PGA ratings and attendance go down when Tiger isn't there. Robby draws crowds to just about any race he enters, dirt or pavement.

They are both great ambassadors to the sport they represent.