Thank you

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Thank you to everyone who came to KOH this year. It was the easiest clean up we have ever had.

Aside from some rental equipment being picked up today and a few sections of snow fence being picked up over the weekend, the lakebed is clear and already filling up for the holiday weekend.

Thanks for making it the best event to date. See you at the races the rest of the year, down in baja, or back here on the lakebed.

Regards
Dave

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Almost there

Attachments

• 20210212_092233.jpg
    20210212_092233.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 319

gonzaloe

Reaction
Dave,

Thanks for putting up KOH amid all restrictions. Attended and watched at home via premium feed, BEST RACE COVERAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN, PERIOD; drone and heli shots were simply unbelievable. When the drone landed right next to Casey Currie rig to change the flat tire, I was like is this really happening, it was simply badass. I was trying to locate the operators of the drones, but was not able to, where they operating from camp? Do you rely on a mesh network for network communications? Now let's put together a desert race event, similar to old Laughlin race, out here yeah?

Bricoop

Reaction
Dave,

Thanks for putting up KOH amid all restrictions. Attended and watched at home via premium feed, BEST RACE COVERAGE I HAVE EVER SEEN, PERIOD; drone and heli shots were simply unbelievable. When the drone landed right next to Casey Currie rig to change the flat tire, I was like is this really happening, it was simply badass. I was trying to locate the operators of the drones, but was not able to, where they operating from camp? Do you rely on a mesh network for network communications? Now let's put together a desert race event, similar to old Laughlin race, out here yeah?
Well done, Dave. Any sponsors that haven't prioritized their sponsorees attendance at KOH certainly need to reevaluate. That coverage was better than every other desert race will have this year, combined.

Charlietuna

Reaction
Second time there and it was an awesome trip (aside from about giving myself a brain hemorrhage doing the covid self-test....bled like a stuck hog for about 30 minutes, but my own fault I guess).

Only made it for the rockhound portions, but from everything I've seen here and other places online, looks like the off-road races were pretty epic as well. Great event, great time. Got to meet @dan200 in person, which was cool because he is one of the guys here at RDC whose posts I really like to read. Just an all-around good time.

Thanks Dave....already making plans for 2022

JDDurfey

Reaction
Dave,

That was really cool. Especially when the drone operator turned slightly so we could see them heaving that tire back on the rack!

Hands down it was an epic event to spectate from Texas via the ole interwebs!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Thank you to everyone who came to KOH this year. It was the easiest clean up we have ever had.

Aside from some rental equipment being picked up today and a few sections of snow fence being picked up over the weekend, the lakebed is clear and already filling up for the holiday weekend.

Thanks for making it the best event to date. See you at the races the rest of the year, down in baja, or back here on the lakebed.

Regards
Dave
Any guesses on the head count?

gonzaloe

Reaction
That was really cool. Especially when the drone operator turned slightly so we could see them heaving that tire back on the rack!

Hands down it was an epic event to spectate from Texas via the ole interwebs!
commentator "too bad we can't see, them lifting up tire" (or something like that) drone operator, "hold my beer, re-adjusts shot to cover entire race vehicle, by flying drone up a bit"

Attachments

• D3C48864-7F45-4D89-81F4-C4FA96854E31.jpeg
    D3C48864-7F45-4D89-81F4-C4FA96854E31.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 276

stephenrjking

Reaction
commentator "too bad we can't see, them lifting up tire" (or something like that) drone operator, "hold my beer, re-adjusts shot to cover entire race vehicle, by flying drone up a bit"
That was a classic moment.

The drone flyers at places like KOH and the COR races are terrific. Huge assets to the sport.

Dave, thanks for making something we get to share and enjoy.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Ya know if you hadn’t added the Kings graveyard there’s a chance I coulda teased PAB for the rest of his life by introducing him to everyone as my buddy the king. Pretty bummed that slipped through my fingers.
Here‘s to next year!

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Amazing job Dave and crew. I should drag my butt down there next year, at least for part of it. It's also nice to have some of the other promoters post on RDC to directly provide info and answer questions like SNORE, MORE and VORRA do.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I had a lot of fun, was only there to watch the T1 battle on Sunday but it did not disappoint. Loved watching the trucks and buggies get worked through the rough. Been wanting to watch the trophy trucks race through Johnson Valley for years and I finally got my wish.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
We will have full coverage of every North American race this year (including Mexico and Canada). We will have the same existing coverage of our European races. Looking to step them up as well. Also need to support the growth in New Zealand, Australia and starting later this year in South Africa.

Edit: we will also have FULL coverage at all Great American Shortcourse races.

alanzona

Reaction
We will have full coverage of every North American race this year (including Mexico and Canada). We will have the same existing coverage of our European races. Looking to step them up as well. Also need to support the growth in New Zealand, Australia and starting later this year in South Africa.

Edit: we will also have FULL coverage at all Great American Shortcourse races.
^^^^ THIS. This is going to be awesome! This is also what the premium annual subscription helps drive and what those of you who already subscribed get all year! So cool.