Thanks are in order!!

Grove32

Reaction
Wanted to take the time to thanks to a few from this weekends Primm race. First off, gotta thank the Grove Racing team for letting me race and doing all they can to get me to the finish. Another thanks to Adam Ashcraft who booked it from his pit to give me a jump start at the start line just 3 cars from the green flag. Then another thanks to Robert of RADesigns and the checkers guys at pit 2 who fixed my throttle and did some quick welding repairs to get me to the finish. I owe all you beer.

Im sure you guys saw that picture with my rider Justin posted up on the spare tire. Well, on the paved road before pit 2 the arm on the throttle body snapped. After trying to mickey mouse a few things that didn't work, had justin hold on the arm with some vice grips and be my throttle man while i steered! We just cruised slow but about 1/2 mile from the pit, the throttle gets away from him and falls wide open! 0 to 40 in about 2 seconds and Justin goes tumblin off the back of the car! I had to be throttle man the rest of the way and got the arm welded back together and we made our way to the finish. Another interesting day in the desert!!

13stout

Reaction
Its all about the Desert Family there all there to help and thats way cool.......:)

michael_loomis

Reaction
Haha great story, and awesome pic!

Did you guys get passed by anyone during that incident?? That would be way hairy!

Martin

Reaction
That is how the CHECKERS do it we all love the sport so to help get a car to the finish is very rewarding for pit crews. Even if they helped my competition beat me to the finish.

Proud Checker of 14 years

michael_loomis

Reaction
Tell your codawg that I heard the army is looking for a few good men, he'll even get the safety of a roll cage! :D

Grove32

Reaction
No never got passed with the human throttle cable in action. But once we got off the pavement, i stayed way off the course. Having him ride on the back was hairy enough! Wasn't gonna stay on course for it.

Grove32

Reaction
That really sucks that happened! You guys were having a killer run! We were 1:35 behind at pit 1 on the last lap! Im not gunna lie when I hurd you hadnt gone through pit 2 I was so bummed for you guys but so happy for us! You guys had a great race and thanks for making it fun and exciting for us!

Thats a awesome picture!!!!!
It was an awesome race. I talked to Martin that night, and he didnt think i soloed the race cuz we picked up the pace those last couple laps. But you guys were movin for sure. Kept me on my toes! Congratulations to you guys, well done.

Any plans for BITD races or strictly SCORE and mexico?

GAME OVER?

Almost There
Reaction
It was an awesome race. I talked to Martin that night, and he didnt think i soloed the race cuz we picked up the pace those last couple laps. But you guys were movin for sure. Kept me on my toes! Congratulations to you guys, well done.

Any plans for BITD races or strictly SCORE and mexico?
Doesnt look like any BITD anytime soon, it would be a nice change of pace though! WOW you soloed the whole race and were that fast? Thats desrves a congrats right there! Nice job!