Thanks LOORS & Staff, the Fans, Drivers/teams & Sponsors who made Rd 1&2 a success.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
I want to send out a huge thanks to everyone at the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series and all their Staff, The Fans, Drivers and Teams and all the Sponsors who were there to support the start of the 2009 LOORS season.
Not sure it could have gone off much better considering how last year ended, the economy and all the drama of late. I am excited about what I see and very much appreciate all the hard work by everyone involved to make Round 1 & 2 the success it was.

IF YOU WERE THERE, lets hear your stories good and bad, likes and dislikes, what could be better and constructive criticism. "They" read these forums, let them know.

IF YOU WERE NOT THERE and just want to be negative please start another thread or you will look like a fool.

Thanks
Rob Naughton

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Re: Thanks LOORS & Staff, the Fans, Drivers/teams & Sponsors who made Rd 1&2 a succes

I wasn't there... but I was wondering how the attendance was!? :) I am routing for any successful short course series :D

Come on peeps post some stories!!! :D

jmason912

Reaction
Re: Thanks LOORS & Staff, the Fans, Drivers/teams & Sponsors who made Rd 1&2 a succes

I know I wish I could have been there. Great track (maybe a little wet at the beginning), great races, and big money (please share it with the other classes not just U2 and U4).

Congrats to Chuck Cheek on a great weekend!!!

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction

Congratulations Rob

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction

I will start with a few comments I heard from many teams.

1-Starting with Registration, everyone was friendly and you were felt welcomed from start to finish.

2-Open lines of communication with the Series management, up to date info, and doing what they say they are is much appreciated. It appears as though they truly care about and are passionate about what they are doing.

3-Great television on various cable networks for all the classes. Very cool to see them including the future stars of our sport, the Kart kids.

4-Great racing in just about every race I had time to watch, excellent battles at the front and throughout the pack. I think this was due in part to the best track prep we have ever had at Primm.

Negatives, well I had a great weekend so I don't really have any yet.
I was giving the points structure a little thought driving home last night and it seems a little odd. 50pts for a win, 48 for a second, 46 for 3rd etc... it only drops by two points for each position. Seems like there should be a bigger spread in the top 5 but will have to see how it works out.

Rob

Aflac

Reaction

Lucas Oil did a great job!!!!!!!!!
That series is only going to get bigger and better, mark my words

hoeker

Reaction

Negatives, well I had a great weekend so I don't really have any yet.
I was giving the points structure a little thought driving home last night and it seems a little odd. 50pts for a win, 48 for a second, 46 for 3rd etc... it only drops by two points for each position. Seems like there should be a bigger spread in the top 5 but will have to see how it works out.

Rob
this points structure will favor teams that finish EVERY race, wins will not be very important if you DNF a couple times. personally i think the spread in the top 5 should be a little bigger.

Congrats on a great weekend Rob!

Steve_Naughton

Reaction

Congrats to Jerry Daugherty. Also way to go Brian Deegan for stepping it up with your own program. Also thanks TORR for bringing it live via the internet. That was the first time I've experienced a race via the web and it was very entertaining.

As far as constructive criticism, I would like to see both TORC and LOORRS post qualifying results up asap. Also post up a list of drivers before the race so we can see who's participating. It's a bit odd that you have to become a member of the fantasy site in order to see who all is racing.

randy1123

Reaction

Congrats to Chuck Cheek on a great weekend!!!
Chuck and Mike Porter were lightning fast!! Hats off to them.
The Pro Lite race each day was very exciting.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction

The Lucas Oil crew did a great job!!! Alot of the same faces as the last series but with a much better atmosphere! I am proud of my OLD man for driving his but off both Saturday and Sunday, I wish my weekends out come would have been different but??:mad: I want to thank our crew!!! they worked their butts off all weekend!! Congrats Rob on the sweep!! We will be back to give you a run next time!!!!! ;)

ProLite13

Reaction

Although I did not race this weekend, I did take my family for a weekend of fun in the sun to support the sport. The kid's had a blast at Buffalo Bills as always and as spectator's of the races we were all very impressed with what we saw. The track looked like it was in great shape and a lot of fun. The stand's were full on Saturday with a great crowd. The pits were awesome I love the asphalt pit idea it makes everything appear so much cleaner and well organized. Saturday was a perfect race day wish I was racing.

Also I would like to say that I was super impressed with the SuperLite class these truck's look good and very durable. I would love to get involved with this class in the future. There are some kink's to work out for sure but it look's promissing.

Overall from a spectator's view and a racer's mindset this race looked great to me and to be a success congrat's to all involved and to all who raced hope to see a great turnout at Speedworld in AZ for round 2.

DP3 MOTORSPORTS
DP13

JSPEST

Reaction

Well i think all the lucas crew did a great job...
Those teams that didn't come will regret it...
Overall i had a good weekend but made some rookie mistakes which i hopefully learned from...:)
for anyone that's wondering....the back is good! Not sore one bit today! Ready to rip in phoenix!
Congrats rob on an awesome weekend!

baja619

Reaction

I was there from Thursday Night to Sunday afternoon.

I had a great time and met some new people plus got to have fun with old friends.

The Racing was great and full of action. The new Super Lite is going to explode as more and more of these FPO Cars become available.

Everyone at Lucas Oil seemed very friendly and professional. They went out of there way to accommodate us and make it happen.

I cant wait to goto the next event however I have a conflicting event and I am not sure where I will end up

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction

It's a bit odd that you have to become a member of the fantasy site in order to see who all is racing.
Fantasy Off-Road is independent of LOORRS. The 'sign' up is free and is to give the fans a taste of what is to come with Fantasy Gaming as well as insider info to help with their picks. We had results posted on our site and here on RDC within an hour after racing concluded. We just want to involve the fans and enhance their gaming experience.

We are always open to suggestions.

On Robs original post,we thought the racing was great and on the points comment, we like the system as it will keep fan competition close as well.

prolite#7

Reaction

I would also like to thank LOORS , It was nice to see all the same people in the hot pits from the corr days excellent job guys , also i got to know the tow truck guy pretty good this weekend ,had to be towed 3 times, thats a personal best for me ! My weekend wasn't so good but let me say to all that did not make the race you missed a great weekend of racing, hats off to all the new champions of offroad racing. and way to go Jerry D ..

Dirty*

Reaction

Yes!! Racing was A+ and the Event was so organized. I cant wait to go to the next race.. Good Job to all the Staff and sponsors that made it happen.

Steve_Naughton

Reaction

Fantasy Off-Road is independent of LOORRS. The 'sign' up is free and is to give the fans a taste of what is to come with Fantasy Gaming as well as insider info to help with their picks. We had results posted on our site and here on RDC within an hour after racing concluded. We just want to involve the fans and enhance their gaming experience.
Thanks for posting the drivers list and also the results. Were it not for you we wouldn't know who was participating.

snoreracer

Reaction

Great racing, very professional and the officials very helpful . It was nice to race after opening ceremony's

reyes

Reaction

Nice work lucas and to all the race team that made it happen too
the N races track was to wet ( on sunday for U-L )
the P we get to race

D4D

Reaction

As a series sponsor I was more then happy. I have done motorsposrts marrketing for a long time now and have never been to an event that was so well organized outside of FIA (F1 and WRC sanctioning body) races. Other then the weather throwing a kink into things Friday with the wind it was an amazing weekend. I had a number of people come up to me and ask what was going on because they had never seen me so relaxed and focused at an event.

Now I wil share some of my stories;

1. Putting Wee Man in a trophy kart was maybe the most stressful thing I have ever done, that guy is agro and pinned all the time. He scared me because he was always on the go and yelling. It all turned out OK but it was a lot of stress.

2. Watching the U2 and U4 combined race was great, the top 5 guys both days fought hard and put on a great show.

3. Rob Naughton and I finally made up face to face which was a good thing.

4. Seeing the way Deegand and Chris Brandt have stepped up is amazing! They are both really fast and will be on the top of the podium really quick.

5. The SuperLite class went off really well, the field got spread out a bit both days but by the next race we will have more trucks on track which will make the show even better. It was amazing to have people chase us around asking about the class and wanting to buy trucks on the spot.

6. Hanging out at the Tree Bar and hearing nothing but positive coments was really good.