Thanks Lucas

dnf736

Reaction
So after a marathon 14 hours (round trip) of driving to go to Mammoth and mountain bike on Saturday (not including the 4 hours of sitting at the top of Cajon pass waiting for Cal Trans to clean up the accident and big rig fire/fuel spill) I get home at 4am on Sunday morning…..my wife wakes me up (at 8am) and says lets go up and watch the LOORS race tonight, we can do some recon for next season.

That’s why I married her.

Get up, semi pull out of it, buy tickets on line but can’t print them, printers out of ink. Too tired to think it through I just scribble down some important looking numbers on a note pad that would have come out on the tickets and head to Elsi.

Get to the ticket window, explain my problem to the lady, she looks at my chicken scratching and says “This is a new one” she then puts my scribble in her cash box, says follow me, walks us through the gate, “Have fun” and heads back to the booth.

No “let me get my manager”, no phone calls, no “go talk to this person and ask them”, no "wait here while I.." she just handled it and walked us in.

Very cool! Props to Lucas Oils for getting normal people in place to handle simple problems from an idiot like me with out having to call Barack for permission, rare quality these days so I had to comment on it.

So, Limited Buggy, bug motor, bus trans, packed class, looks affordable :rolleyes:, hmm…….tell me more. ;)

The Fetching Mrs LORENZ

Reaction
Very cool! Props to Lucas Oils for getting normal people in place to handle simple problems from an idiot like me with out having to call Barack for permission, rare quality these days so I had to comment on it.
I couldn't agree more! Sean and I are always the most impressed by normal people.

...and if it was at all relevant to short course racing, I'd ask you to post your pics from Mammoth here!

LORENZ

Reaction
Thank GOD for Normal People!! It's a sad realization that common sense is no longer common. Incompetence is rampant, and everybody thinks it takes a well thought through "program", training, or credentials to get something done these days. There something to be said about the likes of Simple Southern Hospitality.

Petpeve' rant over.

07FJRog

Reaction
Great Job Lucas again.

Doug, Call Dan at Dan's performance parts, he runs that class, he can give you some insight, very nice to talk too and helpful.

Rog

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
The Lucas people at the gates are AMAZING have been since Round 1!~ I like how they actually *trust* people versus always acting like you're out to get them or something!!

Your wifey rocks haha!

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Hearing this story makes it seem like contingency may also be easy, sounds exactly the opposite of me trying to get into the gate at CORR even with a psss.

No hassle = good!

braaap

Reaction
The event was awesome and so was the event staff from the ticket lady to security. Great races topped off a great evening. Definitely going to be back

JoeyD23

Reaction
Awesome DOug! The LOORRS Staff is awesome. I cant say enough about those girls working in the booth with Poppy at the press gate. They are scrambling to accomodate everyone and they manage to do a great job! I love the Lucas Series!!

baja619

Reaction
Awesome DOug! The LOORRS Staff is awesome. I cant say enough about those girls working in the booth with Poppy at the press gate. They are scrambling to accomodate everyone and they manage to do a great job! I love the Lucas Series!!
Understatement!

Those girls have more work to do than just about anybody. They always have great attitudes and go above and beyond for jsut about any request.

JoeyD23

Reaction
you know they hear every excuse in the book to get a parking pass, press credential, or free entry too.......LOL They do an awesome job!

450grl

Reaction
The girls at registration are awesome!! I actually haven't run into ANYone who works for LOORRS that isn't just all around pleasant to deal with!