Thanks RC-10

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Come on Pat spill it!!!

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
I understand, what a bummer though. Obviously it left a bad taste in your mouth huh? Sorry to hear that..

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction

ProLite13

Reaction
Ouch. I just saw the add, that sucks. What a bummer. I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it yet...

Nothing to fear !:eek:

[video=youtube;f_m12cRlSZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_m12cRlSZw[/video]

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
I really dont see a problem, they take a shot back to capitalize on something that got them a lot of press, smart move. Standard type stuff in the world of marketing.

For the record I drive a Losi but it has nothing to do with propaganda from any RC company.

Last edited:

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
TORC on the cover. You'll see. Flame on LORRS people. I don't care. Bad taste IMO.

Blantant attack towards TORC and TRAXXAS.

Are you going to say the same about Pepsi?

This is all pretty common advertising stuff, I cant imagine anyone caring that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

spalind

Reaction
Yeah, that ad is pretty tame...I have no issue with companies taking pokes at each other...its the nature of the business...if the competition makes the end product at both companies better then its a good thing....I own a Slash but if I had a job at the moment and more expendable income I would buy an associated product as well...

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
They need a new ART DEPT and copyright. That ad is LAME...in capitol letters.
Message is what it is, pretty harmless but the entire rest...yiiikes kinda brings down the whole mag... If you were a non-endemic looking to "get in" to Off Road is this what you want to see as your new associates in the sport...?

Holy Smokes, who approved that...? I'f you're gonna try and hit hard maybe sharpen up the ol' pencil and fire up photoshop at least..
Cheapens your message as a whole BIG TIME. I wouldn't expect any retalliation from "they".

Cheap is Cheap and a trophy here and there doesn't buy CLASS.

fire away

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
TORC on the cover. You'll see. Flame on LORRS people. I don't care. Bad taste IMO.

Wow Pat, Attack? It's just a question, what are they afraid of?....:confused:

Team Associated is having a short course national (RC) event next month, sponsored by us and we created classes to make sure that Traxxas customers, fans, and racers could come and race with us. Competition is a good thing, at least we think so.....

Pat your a big TORQ supporter, what if you want to go race TORQ and your money sponsor was the one in question, the one singled out and required to be removed, how would you feel?

Last edited:

ProLite13

Reaction
"All press is good press."

"Bad press is better than no press."

"There is no such thing as bad press."

Good or bad I think RC10 has gotten more attention because of this TRAXXXXXXAS.
Done right it's money in the bank and I think that RC10 has capitalized on this one.

DP:cool:

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction

You bet it's a blatant attack. Not sure why you are so pissed? The whole cover the logo thing was silly. I don't know what Dirtsports or LOORRS have to do with this ad. It just makes me laugh. It reminds me of a few years back at the SCORE show. I was on a team sponsored by 4Wheel Parts and we battled endlessly with the Cepek guys. There was a competition before the show to make the biggest bags to hand out. People would get bags full of swag and would end up putting the smaller bags into a bigger bag. Our spies would tell us how big of a bag Cepek was making so we upped our bag size. It went back and forth several times. To make a long story short, people were walking around the show with bags big enough to sleep in. They were dragging on the ground. Company's have rivalry's just like racers do. I think it's fun and entertaining. :D