Thank's Rick Poole

MARXICO

Reaction
Wow.... last week I planed watching the swinger show down the next thing I know I am at Tec and Giti Gowland is introducing me to Rick Poole and his crew,each driver with multipal series championships titles including Motor Builder Doug Parulta 3 time class 9 SCORE Champion , to say this crowd is Old School is a understatement.
I showed up to the pit with my hemet and suit I have never been to a race this easy the pit is set up every body is kicking back waiting for stageing , Rick and his co pilot Rory start passing 4 cars inthe first couple of miles he came in for a inspection and driver change
Mike Faulkner and Ricks brother Jon ran our fastes lap next two laps, It was dark when Giti got behind the wheel, we hauled ass all the way but the lights kept him from going full speed it was a rough track ,last lap was handeled by Jimmy Hook and Mikey Childress.
The team finished 17 minutes behind 1st place, the day went smoothly we had 5 pit stops and 4 driver changes all lap times were all close and consistant with out any dramma or greif.
Keep in mind this is a 23 year old car just out of rehab and ready to run , none of the drivers have had a chance to pre run in the car or even a shake down, it is Giti's first time in it .
Not only did I have a great time but unexpectedly went to class 9 school with the best , first thing I relized is the horse power is available from these motors , you just need to have the right guy build it, Doug Parulta race engine hauled our car at a total weight of 2100 like nothing and still had some power left the motor just sang.
Rick , Doug and the rest of the guys answered all of my stupid chalenger questions all of them were the most experienced and coolest bunch of Old Dudes to hang out with .
I not only had a great time but left with many questions answered and a new out look on the class it self and also the racers involved ,31 entrys speeks for it's self .
MORE put on a good race.
If I didnt wake up all sore and dirty I would of thought this was a dream.

Rick , Giti, Doug and the rest of the Crew Thank You for the Great Experience and Hospitality.

Sincerly,
Mark Anderson

Last edited:

oldman dirt

Reaction
awwwwwwww
Mark you paper weight you !!!! LOL
You had to be the smallest co dog out there.
Jenny Craig would be proud with your svelte 270lb. figure--------LOL LOL LOL
Andrea says it's good you don't wear a thong-----
It was great banging helmets with you for 4 hours----
Thanks for keeping me in "FOCUS" on the game plan and not letting me race too hard-------------
We had alot left but it was driven on the trailer and not pushed----------
So when are "WE" going racing again-----
I am sending in my Fireworks entry tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/18/09, its the wifes Birthday----
this should be fun convincing her------
I think a surprise birthday party in the desert.......
Thanks for the kudos, it was a pleasure having you along old friend.

I should have taken another blue pill !

oldman dirt

Reaction
It seems like only yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARXICO

Reaction
That was a good time and good insight of a well structured race team thanks agian Rick I now see the potentual of a good 9 Car.
I cant wait to race my New Doug Parulta race motor at the chili cook off
That race inspired me to send my car to rehab

oldman dirt

Reaction
it is DOUG PERAULT no "A" at the end--------you are thinking of LOU PERALTA aka BAJA LOU aka LOUCHO aka ?><? well you get the picture...................

Hurry up with that thing. I only have a few races left. Life wouldn't be complete without a little race action with you !

and where is that RASH car ??????
and i would like to see Rick and John bring out the old black nine. They are spoiled riding in that 12 car.
I got just enough blue pills left to finish the season................JK.....Just sitting in the car is all the inspiration I need.........