Thanks to all that made this win possible!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
I want to thank everyone that helped the team achieve a incredible victory at the SCORE Tecate Baja 500. We were concentrating on a finish and never expected that goal would turn into a win in our class. The truck ran flawlessly and the race went as smoothly as possible. SCORE and Sal put on a great event and the course was a lot of fun. This is only our fifth race and the team has really come together as a whole. This has been an amazing rookie year for me and I keep learning daily what our team can achieve collectively. I look forward to what the future will bring us!

The General Tire 37" tires handled great and we are very happy that we made the decision to use them. Thank you General Tire for the tires that your organization provided. They were instrumental in winning this great race. Thank you to everyone at Danzio Performance for the great prep and the new Motec fuel injection system. The motor ran perfectly and never once did the truck fall on itself in the whoops. Thanks to BTR for the great wheels they provided that complemented the General tires. Thanks to Checkers for providing the great pitting at mile marker 98. You guys were just incredible. Thanks to Mike Childress for bringing the truck home after I got it to him at mile marker 204. You did just what I expected you would and you were a great team player! Thanks to my team for working day and night to make this dream possible! Without you guys I am nothing! Thanks to Heidi and Marc for pushing me to the limit in the competition. They are both great competitors and bring so much to the sport! Special thanks to Ramsey El Wardini for making this whole dream possible. We couldn't of done it without you Ramsey. You are one of the most stand up guys that I have ever met! What an incredible day!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Congrat's again Bro,just remember it doesn't always turn out like it did!!! There so much crap that can go wrong,but it didn't and that's great!!!!!!I had a good time and glad I was able to help in some small way.Good luck at V2R!!!!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Shannon,
I forgot to mention you here. My bad. Thanks for all of the help that you provided too. It was also great meeting you!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Shannon,
I forgot to mention you here. My bad. Thanks for all of the help that you provided too. It was also great meeting you!
All good Bro say you soon!!! The 1000 maybe?????:D:D

Giant Geoff

Reaction
Great job.
There are not too many that can win the Baja first try! By you did.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Thanks guys! Geoff, your advice really helped too. I learned a lot talking from you on the pre run. We are putting our pre runner (Dezert Works) truck up for sale to get ready for the new TT that we are getting ready to build to run as a 7200. I am going to end up selling it for about $10K less than I paid for it to sell it fast. It has a great history and we have done a lot of improvements on it.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
Congratulations Brutha!!!! I'm super stoked for you!!! I'm glad that we were able to be a part of your success and to win the Baja 500 no less!!! Now lets get her ready for the next one!!! You should bring that sucker to the Midnight Special in August and come play!!!!

Giant Geoff

Reaction
There are so many driving tips I have learned down in Baja that are so unique to that type of terrain. Glad some of them helped.
I'll put the word out on the truck your selling, pm me the info.

Last edited:

stokessdca

Reaction
congratulations on the win. it was great to see the way everyone came
together to help you achieve your goal. i was chasing for mark burnett
and his truck broke a axle at around rm 105 and after we got him going
again the motor blew after clearing the base of the summit. we then
went over the summit ourselves :) and towed the truck out to the 5
where we met up with the truck and trailer around 1 in the morning we
then made the 3 hour drive back to ensenada getting back to the base
at 4 in the morning. good times, and fun was had by all. thanks for
coming out and making it a race.

Ozzie M

Reaction
Congrats on the win let me know if you need me and kenny for anything else.