Thanks to Jen & Greg

RRose

Reaction
I just wanted to start a thread that thanked Jen & Greg from United Prerunners for all that they do for our sport. I am hoping that others will chime in so that they can see how truly appreciated they are.

For those of you that don’t know how United Prerunners came to be, here’s the story (in a nutshell). Jen & Greg started this whole endeavor because they enjoyed prerunning and the people that they had met that where involved in it. They put together a meeting where we could all get together and share info about our trucks and just have a good time with others that were interested in the same thing. Over time it grew from monthly meetings into actual events where we could do more than just look at the trucks… but actually get out there and show what they were capable of doing. These events where held wherever a piece of land could be found to use for such an event. And a good time with good friends was ALWAYS had!

Now… we have the Rialto Offroad Raceway (ROR). They have spent their hard earned money and all of their spare time to give us a safe place where we can gather and run our vehicles without getting in trouble. They have put together events that everyone wants to see and participate in. Look at this years Jump Championships…. Over 1000 spectators and a ton of trucks entered in competition.

I think that there are a lot of people that attend the events at the ROR that don't have the slightest idea what it takes to put on an event of that magnitude. The logistics of running one of these events is unbelievable. Think about all the help they need just to make it happen. Corner workers, flagmen, timers, heavy machinery operators, people at the gate, people at the announcing stand, people in staging, etc…. Now remember that all of these people are volunteers and you have to keep them happy in the 100+ degree temps! Also think of all the other logistics that it takes to make these events possible. Grooming the track, security, porta-potties, food vendors, all the way down to extra tanks of gas for the generators that run the PA.

If you enjoy the events at the ROR and want to be more apart of it…. just ask what you can do to help. There is always something that needs to be done. Even if you don’t want to get too involved in the activity, just picking up your trash and taking it with you helps.

For those of you that know Jen & Greg…. I am sure you consider yourself as lucky as I do to have them as friends. And for those of you that don’t know who they are….. go out of your way at the next ROR event to introduce yourself. Jen isn’t just “that announcer lady” and Greg isn’t just “the guy at start/finish on the radio”. They are two of the nicest people I know and would partically give you the shirt off of their backs. And they have bent over backwards to make this possible for us.

So next time you are leaving the ROR after an event… and you have the opportunity to say “Thank You” to Jen or Greg…. Or any of the other volunteers that make it possible…. Do it! They will appreciate it!

Stand back.... I'm getting off the soapbox!

Tyson

Reaction
Good call Ryan, what a great thread. Jen and Greg bust their ass to make all this happen and I know that every event I go to I make a point to let them know how cool I think it is that they put all this together.

T

desertracer

Reaction
We have only made it out to one of the ror events but cannot say how much we appreciate all that they do for us. These events offer us a chance to give our crew and chase guys a ride in the car and it allows them to have a bunch of fun. The nice part about these events is the low stress level, out at the races there is a lot of stuff that has to happen to make the race, but out at ror we can truely relax and have some fun. Secondly we cannot thank the whole IP group for all the work they do with helping to mark the courses for MDR. This is one of the most needed yet underappreciated jobs that takes place. Without them going out there the weekend before the race, Patrica and the whole crew would have an even harder time pulling the races off. Both myself and our whole team cannot thank you guys enough for all that you do to make out sport so much more enjoyable.

sweetdevil

Reaction
Ya, I was just thinking about this on the way home from Rialto Sunday. You guys rock. You are two people that really keep us 'mini truck kids' from having a bad name. Thanks for putting so much into our community. I know some people may think that ROR pays your bills, but most of us know that you both have day jobs that keep ya afloat so you can put a lot of time into the events. THANK YOU!

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
yeah ryan, good call!!!! greg and jen are two of the most down to earth and cool people ive ever met. ive been to alot of events at the ror and had a blast every time. and i know its no small feet to pull what they do on a regular basis. i really apreciate all their hard work and sacrifice for the off road community. i was finally able to run my truck on the track on saturday, and even though it only made it 3 laps before it broke.........
i still had a blast. but ill be back!! thanks again, greg and jen.

ALEX

Reaction
If it wasn't for Greg and Jen and their site/club, I probably would still have just another mini truck with a fabtech lift. And i wouldn't have been lead to the all the sites, companies, and people that have influenced my life the past couple years. Greg and Jen do a great job of bringing people to our sport and helping companies get their name out there.
Thanks Greg and Jen

Attachments

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Thanks Ryan and everyone else who has given words of appreciation and support either here or in person. I would have written sooner, but I wanted to sit down and reply with more than just a quick "thanks." We've learned a whole lot from this first season and it's not even over yet. Remember, we have absolutely no experience in putting events together...Farmer Boys meetings are much easier to swing! The handful of staff (which frickin ROCKS) are usually working ALL DAY in the sun with not much of a break because their passion for what we're doing is as strong as mine and Greg's. And they're out there almost every time. Their support and hard work is absolutely crucial to every event that happens at the ROR. I can't even imagine being able to do any of the events without them. Well, we couldn't - plain and simple. We are doing the best we can and trying to please everyone, but it's not always very easy. The majority of the people who have come out to the events have had very positive things to say and we try and concentrate on that rather then the handful of people who think they can do it better. It is very time consuming and VERY costly to be doing what we're doing out there. When you see us out there for any event we are running on about 3 hours sleep and are, typically, several thousand dollars poorer than the last time you saw us. If anyone thinks we are making bank out there, you are sadly mistaken. We still have bills from the first event that aren't paid off yet and with every event there are more expenses to add to the debt, so to hear someone complain that the Jump Championships should have had payback or there shouldn't be a gate fee makes us seriously want to give up sometimes. I'm not complainig, just trying to make it clear that by coming out to the event you certainly aren't making us any money and I honestly can't foresee it ever getting to the point where we'll be able to quit our day jobs (which we do have, plus I am a full-time student). So why bother? Because we're having a really good time. Because to be able to pull off something that big and know that you are helping to give someone a really cool day gives us a feeling of satisfaction and we feel like we're giving back to a community that we are really proud to be a part of. Are we willing to go bankrupt to do that? Hell no. That's why we're probably going to be scaling back next year and having just a few of the more popular events (including maybe adding a wheel-to-wheel event). To see the prerunner community showing the support that they have is incredibly cool, but to be honest, we thought that we'd have a lot more support from the people outside our little niche, too, especially from those that have expressed a desire to see something like the old Riverside Raceway come back. Maybe someone can afford to plunk down a couple million and just start off with that kind of a bang, but we certainly can't do that and without the support and interest from a lot more people, we're not going to be able to grow into anything like that. And that's fine. Our priority is to serve the prerunner community. If some racers or old short course people show up, that's great, too, the more the merrier, but our main concern is to give the "white fender kids" something fun and different to do and we're not going to lose sight of that. So we'll keep doing what we're doing and we'll keep learning a little each time and have fun while we're doing it as long as it lasts. We are extremely grateful to every person who walks through that gate and who have, in many other ways, helped us to be able to do this. To everyone who is appreciative, we appreciate you right back.

redline

Reaction
i love ROR and all the stuff that g&j do for us. Even when they r under a lot of stress or having a bad day they still greet you with a smile. ROR is great because it gives us chance to test, play, compete, have fun, and not even have to leave town. Its nice because if you do for some unlucky reason break something you can find somewhere close to get the parts. I remember when one certain individual ran thier truck after we all said bad idea and broke it, g&J had no problem with the truck staying there till we got the parts and fixed it. i havent really had any complaints about anything these two have done. how can you when you step back and realize how much they put into our comunity. At first i was a lil dissapointed about the no payback at the first event but then i over heard jenn talking about how much they put out to have the event then i felt bad for even thinking about it. The trophies and ribbons we get for placing for each event are enough. G&J always thank you for coming to their events. So far i have been able to make it to all of their events except one which was the last run4fun and ive competed in all of them except for jump championships. Without g&j the prerunner comunity wouldnt be what it is today and i hope they know all their hard work and time never is unapreciated.
thanks

Attachments

sweetdevil

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I remember when one certain individual ran thier truck after we all said bad idea and broke it, g&amp;J had no problem with the truck staying there till we got the parts and fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya... lol... thanks Jen and Greg for always being cool about that kinda stuff!!! (I still don't know why Greg shakes his head back and forth in confusion every time I line up to run the track) And to Redline, "Shock God" Pete, and drtdevil93 who all also had no problem with staying until we got parts and got it fixed... lol

Rprice

Reaction
I e-mailed you jen but i bet you have hundreds of e-mails a day. but i would be happy to volunteer if you need help please PM me.

Timmah

Reaction
I agree with everything that has been already said and would like to add;

A couple of years ago after being out of the offroad and racing scene for 10 years, decided to build a prerunner. While doing my research on the internet, I came across a website for a truck club called Inland Prerunners and I got excited when I noticed they had regular meetings like 30 minutes from my house. I went to the next meeting and was blown away with the quality of trucks and people I met. I wrote a check and joined immediately!

I have met so many cool individuals and probably have more friends with a common interest than I did in school. What struck me the most was the instant hospitality of Greg and Jen and the fact that Greg would answer any question technical or otherwise no matter how dumb the question seemed. You should have seen me driving home after that 1st meeting, finally a group of people with the same goals and interests as me and I guess we owe it all to G &amp; J for bringing us all together on a regular basis!

Fast fwd to a couple of years later and a lot has happened, IP is now UP, Up has a Race Course (born from sweat, blood and $$$), the race course claimed that 1st prerunner I was talking about (lol), I found something to do with my vacation days, Jen worked her butt off and scored some decent sponsors for ROR, Greg and I have enough hours on heavy equipment to do it professionally, but most of all, I got to know Greg and Jen and we have become the best of friends (the kind you would do almost anything for)!

Long Live Good Friendships
, UP, and the ROR!