That was close #1631!!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Great job and congratulations to Myers Racing #1631 for the VERY close win at this weekends MDR night race!!! You guys are a great team and I'm glad you won this one-it's been a long time coming!!

Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on in person-next race I'm sooo there!! :D :D :D

So now let's hear some stories Bryan, Andy, Don!!! Anyone get any cool pics of them :D

m80ondirt

Reaction
Wait till MDR posts the official lap times!! 27 second difference after 8 laps!!!

MEYERS1631

Reaction
wow what a race!!! i know its desert racing but that course was tuff!! our goal for this race was to finish. my dad started this one and ran 3 laps till dark then i got in. after 5 or so laps luke had a good lead on myself and files. on lap 6 files caught me, i think josh was driving with his hair on fire. when he caught me i knew my pace wasnt what it should be so we picked it up. on lap 7 we passed josh in files car and it looked like they had a problem so we pushed hard to pull away from him. at this point we new we were in second and not to far behind luke. on lap 8 it was a fun one we were trying to make up some time but yet keep the car together. we got onto gypsum rd and see a bright blue light "luke has a bright blue light"(wasnt expecting to see that)
so now its a race to the finish. we got to the tressle and my pit radios and tells me luke just passed. so we ran it as hard as we could to the finish and was shocked to find we ended up having 27 second to spare for the win:eek:

JAM 1600

Reaction
Good job guys ! 1600 had some great battles all day ! ;)

MEYERS1631

Reaction
Thanks guys!! It was a blast i still cant believe how it turned out!! I thought luke had it in the bag

tmathews

Reaction
When Chuck and I saw you guys finish... We were trying to do the math.... WOW !!

What a close finish !!

Reaction
Dang you guys sure are lucky that that one red baja bug broke on the first lap i heard they were gonna nerf you.**BAN ME** And hell yah that was a tuff course.

Tundranation

Reaction
Thanks guys!! It was a blast i still cant believe how it turned out!! I thought luke had it in the bag
As soon as we flagged Luke then you at the finish line, Tim and I were like dang ....this is gonna be close ..:eek: Great race guys !!! :D

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
wow what a race!!! i know its desert racing but that course was tuff!! our goal for this race was to finish. my dad started this one and ran 3 laps till dark then i got in. after 5 or so laps luke had a good lead on myself and files. on lap 6 files caught me, i think josh was driving with his hair on fire. when he caught me i knew my pace wasnt what it should be so we picked it up. on lap 7 we passed josh in files car and it looked like they had a problem so we pushed hard to pull away from him. at this point we new we were in second and not to far behind luke. on lap 8 it was a fun one we were trying to make up some time but yet keep the car together. we got onto gypsum rd and see a bright blue light "luke has a bright blue light"(wasnt expecting to see that)
so now its a race to the finish. we got to the tressle and my pit radios and tells me luke just passed. so we ran it as hard as we could to the finish and was shocked to find we ended up having 27 second to spare for the win:eek:
Sounds like a sweet race experience!! :D I wish I had been there!! Glad you guys kept it on all 4 through that last stretch!!! Sooooo now that you won this one what's next?????