The 2004 Protruck Points Champion Will Be.........

Bolca_Grande_II

Reaction
Tom Koch!

Since you all have been discussing Protruck quite a bit lately I thought I would throw this out there to keep the conversation going.

The reason I think Tom Koch will be the points champion for 2004 is two fold. The first reason is Tom himself, he has been involved in offroad racing for over 20 years and this experience is invaluable. I don’t know exactly when Tom started racing or how many total starts he has but he has way more experience then anyone else currently in the class.

The second reason I think Tom will be the 2004 champion is because of his potential racing partnership with Bob Neth for the 2004 season. Not to take away anything from Tom but Bob Neth is the main reason I am making this prediction. Bob started racing in the late 70’s with his brother Tom Neth. Between the two of them they won many races and a few points championships. Bob started building racecars in the early 1980’s for himself and Chenowth and most of you may not know this but Bob has built the chassis’s on all of the Protrucks in existence. He has worked closely with Ivan from the beginning on the design of this awesome vehicle. Bob is a brilliant person and with his driving, planning skills and overall knowledge of this vehicle and sport this team will be the one to beat!

Good luck Tom and Bob!

Bolca Grande II

Bolca_Grande_II

Reaction
OK guys instead of pointing out my inadequacies as a poster and sending me a “zinger” why don’t you really tell me what you think of my prediction?

Bolca Grande II

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Bolca Grande II,

We are just having fun, no harm intended:).

You might be right on the money with your prediction!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Bolca, Tom is a great driver and I have no idea who the second person is, I just thought I would have some fun.. I wish that team the best next year, we all know how competitive that class is.

AP255

Reaction
I don't know Tom or Bob. From what you say I 'm sure that they are very experienced. It takes a good program to win a championship. I'll put all my bets on Ford Rick Johnson. Good luck to all the Protruck racers at the thousand and in '04. It's has been a great experience for me. Can we start another thread on who will win the '04 trophy truck championship and who wants it the most?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
i hate to brown-nose... BUT 2004 will be between RED or BLUE...

one team has all the motivation to win,
has a crew chief with lots of experience, someone able to to make the right calls regardless of politics.
A driver that is physicaly fit and very dedicated to the sport.
A crew that works well togther.

the other team we have a team that wins season after season.
A very experienced fabricator behind a vehicle that is very inovative with its 4-wheel drive and 39" tires.
Experience, Exprerience, Exprerience.

pick your favorite color.

Harpo

Reaction
IAs far as Tom & Bobby go, I have much respect for both of these guys, and I hope to see them race all of the Protruck races and vying for the championship. Being a betting man, I'll bet on the smart money and put my money where Alans putting his!!!

Tom_Willis

Reaction
then again there are 10 other chassis being built (according to Ivan), so anything is possible. Laughlin '04 could be quite a surprise, stay tuned.