5n5i5c5k5

Reaction
By Nick Almada
Just southwest of the Las Vegas strip lies Mt. Potosi, a Beautiful valley with lush green trees and brush now home to one of the nations most premiere off-road experiences, The Bronco Off-Rodeo.

2021-bronco-off-rodeo-nick-almada-race-dezert-08-975x650.jpg

2021-bronco-off-rodeo-nick-almada-race-dezert-15-975x650.jpg

Nestled in the valley of Mt. Potosi, the Bronco Off-Rodeo came in and restored an abandoned Boy Scouts camp built back in 1988 and turned it into an obstacle course of wide variety...

Continue reading...

bullnerd

Reaction
That Bronco factory dude has vids of this thing actually doing stuff if you'd like to see that rather than these parking lot shots.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Sat in one last week when picking up my new Super Duty, I want one now lol.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
When the Raptor was announced in what, 2009? I poo-poo'd that it would just be Bold New Graphics and some uprated shocks.
Then reports started coming in from RDC that it was actually pretty darn good for an off the showroom truck, not a prerunner but pretty good.
So I bought one, a Gen 1, and was pretty disappointed. Comparing it to my bad ass bronco it came up way short. The steering was too slow.
The suspension was underwhelming. So I modified it and due to lack of tuning, it got worse.

Then the Gen 2 came out, and reports were that it was vastly improved. So I drove a Gen 2 then bought one. Suspension much better, steering still too slow.
But ok, it's good. And now 3 years later I'm still stoked on it and plan to buy a Raptor R on 37's if anyone will sell me one at MSRP.
What does this have to do with the new Bronco?

Well I'm on the reservation list. But I'm increasingly convinced that it's not the platform upon which to build a legit trail/rock machine which what I hoped it would be.
I see no path to 40" tires for example. And I'm not even sure that if they release a version on 37's that the platform is up to the punishment of rock crawling on 37's.
Thinking seriously about building a Jeep instead. Anyway I await reports that the Bronco is the trail machine I want it to be but so far, it seems only as capable as a stock Rubicon. Hope I'm wrong like I was about the Raptor.

At this point I think the only way a new Bronco will see the inside of our garage is if my wife wants to replace her Edge Sport grocery getter with it. I'll try that!
As it sits, I think the trails I want to run will kick the Broncos ass.

calstyl2

Reaction
When the Raptor was announced in what, 2009? I poo-poo'd that it would just be Bold New Graphics and some uprated shocks.
Then reports started coming in from RDC that it was actually pretty darn good for an off the showroom truck, not a prerunner but pretty good.
So I bought one, a Gen 1, and was pretty disappointed. Comparing it to my bad ass bronco it came up way short. The steering was too slow.
The suspension was underwhelming. So I modified it and due to lack of tuning, it got worse.

Then the Gen 2 came out, and reports were that it was vastly improved. So I drove a Gen 2 then bought one. Suspension much better, steering still too slow.
But ok, it's good. And now 3 years later I'm still stoked on it and plan to buy a Raptor R on 37's if anyone will sell me one at MSRP.
What does this have to do with the new Bronco?

Well I'm on the reservation list. But I'm increasingly convinced that it's not the platform upon which to build a legit trail/rock machine which what I hoped it would be.
I see no path to 40" tires for example. And I'm not even sure that if they release a version on 37's that the platform is up to the punishment of rock crawling on 37's.
Thinking seriously about building a Jeep instead. Anyway I await reports that the Bronco is the trail machine I want it to be but so far, it seems only as capable as a stock Rubicon. Hope I'm wrong like I was about the Raptor.

At this point I think the only way a new Bronco will see the inside of our garage is if my wife wants to replace her Edge Sport grocery getter with it. I'll try that!
As it sits, I think the trails I want to run will kick the Broncos ass.
Wait for the Warthog Edition if you like rocks. Its worth it