• Forum membership has its advantages....

The 51st running of the PCI / SNORE 250 at Terrible's

Rick 1634

Never mind, found the answer on Snore site. No pre-run😞

dezert_nerd

The reason SNORE stopped racing the bikes was insurance It is costly. The reason we don't bring them back is we don't want to race them at the same time as the cars as what was done in the past. MARN does a great job for bikes in Las Vegas check them out especially the wildbunch
Man it would be so awesome to see bikes racing at SNORE but I can understand it from a promoters standpoint. Thanks for at least giving us a no-BS response, wish I could head to the SNORE 250 this year!

Maxwell_99

I might be late to the party, and I'm honestly not trying to bash or anything at all; why is the 250 the first race of the year now and not BAP? My apologies if this has been answered previously.

snoreracer

What vehicles do you allow to help mark the track?
You can bring any thing but a race vehicle or motorcycle , Having done marking for a few years the best by far is a SxS , getting out of a full size pre-runner 150 times in 25 miles is no fun . Some areas a stock truck will work but will beat you up , We will be starting at main pit at 8am February 8th

snoreracer

I might be late to the party, and I'm honestly not trying to bash or anything at all; why is the 250 the first race of the year now and not BAP? My apologies if this has been answered previously.
The desert tortoise season runs from March 15 to November 1 and the USFW will not allow desert racing in the Las Vegas area in that time , the exceptions are Laughlin and a small area around Primm along with night races in June July and August . This means that SNORE was forced to run the longest continuously held desert race outside of Las Vegas and we could not get the entry's . So last year for the 50th SNORE 250, SNORE wanted to bring the 250 back to Vegas and the only way to do it was to move the Battle at Primm into tortoise season, as that area is open year round and let the SNORE 250 run on that weekend . Moving the date for the Battle at Primm in to April also gives the race more day light so we can run a Powder Puff heat

C.J. Hutchins

These are some of the coolest photos ive seen posted in a long time. I really appreciate you posting the history of the race!
I agree!! Kenny do you have these digitally cataloged somewhere? If not we should start trying to do that to preserve all these great photos for snore.