The #AHBEEF Life - Thoughts?

Hi,

So, new to this forum but of course been looking on here for years. Thought I would finally post for once. So I produce an online show for Justin Lofton called The #AHBEEF Life, a BTS/VLOG style of show about the runnings of Lofton Racing. As we sit down and start to plan out Season 3 of the show and add new things, I would like to know how many of you watch the show, have heard of the show, things you want to change and or see added. Any input is great as the prep begins. If you haven't seen the show here is a link to the channel for those who want to watch a few of them. Thank You for your time.

J Prich

Hi,

So, new to this forum but of course been looking on here for years. Thought I would finally post for once. So I produce an online show for Justin Lofton called The #AHBEEF Life, a BTS/VLOG style of show about the runnings of Lofton Racing. As we sit down and start to plan out Season 3 of the show and add new things, I would like to know how many of you watch the show, have heard of the show, things you want to change and or see added. Any input is great as the prep begins. If you haven't seen the show here is a link to the channel for those who want to watch a few of them. Thank You for your time.

Have watched most of them I think. My 5 year old digs them and thought it was even cooler when he got to meet Justin at tech at the Mint. I personally am a fan of the BTS type stuff, particularly pre race prep and post race recap. Great way to add some human element to the driver and team. Most guys are doing the race highlight thing but not a lot of context to whats happening before and after, not much about the personalities involved, etc.

That said...I'm probably in the 8-10 min max range personally regarding length tolerance. Don't get me wrong, Justin shopping for supplies is great or whatever, but not that riveting to me to sit through a 25 min vid. The gold standard for this kind of thing, in my opinion, is the great stuff the Vita Brevis crew did for Riot Racing back around what...2009/10 maybe? They did a great job of creating visually interesting stuff and really captured the story of each race. Great model to follow, in my opinion.

Dezertpilot

I like it alot, been following the #ahbeef life deal for some time and really like it. Not sure what I'd do differently honestly I think it's well produced and entertaining.

Thank You to all those who given feedback so far. Next year will bring both longer and shorter content. The show is going to be stepped up for sure but please let me know any ideas that pop into your head. We love to know what you want to watch.

Dezertpilot

All new episode is live now! Lets here your thoughts on a non race one.

Fantastic episode! Exactly what I want to do one day. Love that area of Nevada especially the VC area. All around great show, it doesnt get too much better than this. Kudos to all involved.

I've been watching them for a while. I'm not the biggest fan of ones like the last adventure one, but it's also not a video style I normally watch. I watch for the race/pre runner vehicle/race and up close/background runnings of the team, and I really enjoy those. I like that it gives a real feel to what actually happens during racing, and not just the amazing 2% of the time. I'm pretty happy with the audio improvement on the last couple as well - definitely a notable improvement.

And more on the pre-runner. We all love that pre-runner haha.

J Prich

Hi,

I was thinking about this again after watching the Nevada Adventure Tour one last night and what I kept thinking about is...what is your, or Justin's, intent with the video series in general? I'm assuming you've already talked through that but I'm saying that to suggest that if I were in your shoes as a video guy, I'd want to shoot and create content that had whatever that objective is in mind. If the purpose is to connect Justin to more fans, make him approachable, etc then obviously you'd probably want to build an approach that highlights him, his personality, etc. If the ultimate goal is to generate views to show ROI and reach to program sponsors, then maybe you want a more race focused approach.

I dunno, I guess my point is as I thought it out I think my idea would be to really clarify what the goal and purpose of making the videos are in the first place, THEN figure out if it's resonating with the people who watch it to determine whether the videos are achieving what you want or not.

I was thinking about this again after watching the Nevada Adventure Tour one last night and what I kept thinking about is...what is your, or Justin's, intent with the video series in general? I'm assuming you've already talked through that but I'm saying that to suggest that if I were in your shoes as a video guy, I'd want to shoot and create content that had whatever that objective is in mind. If the purpose is to connect Justin to more fans, make him approachable, etc then obviously you'd probably want to build an approach that highlights him, his personality, etc. If the ultimate goal is to generate views to show ROI and reach to program sponsors, then maybe you want a more race focused approach.

I dunno, I guess my point is as I thought it out I think my idea would be to really clarify what the goal and purpose of making the videos are in the first place, THEN figure out if it's resonating with the people who watch it to determine whether the videos are achieving what you want or not.

The goal of the show is both, we have and are still talking alot about this. There are many fans who love the show and love what we are doing. We just want to know what more people want to see. Its a bit of everything really at the end of the day. Its both a VLOG and Recap really of what goes on what the team. There are some things that happen that we cant put on the show due to the face its still a race program at the end of the day. Next year we will be doing more shop talk and such but this year was a bit harder since the shop location moved and didnt make it that easy, Justin also lived in Texas so he is only out in CA for short amounts of time.

Also, it might sound kinda funny at first but Justin wants this as well, he wants to look back in 15 years and watch these. Thats really how the shop started and now we are changed a few things are will keep making changes and adding things the fans want to see as we improve the show.

J Prich

The goal of the show is both, we have and are still talking alot about this. There are many fans who love the show and love what we are doing. We just want to know what more people want to see. Its a bit of everything really at the end of the day. Its both a VLOG and Recap really of what goes on what the team. There are some things that happen that we cant put on the show due to the face its still a race program at the end of the day. Next year we will be doing more shop talk and such but this year was a bit harder since the shop location moved and didnt make it that easy, Justin also lived in Texas so he is only out in CA for short amounts of time.

Also, it might sound kinda funny at first but Justin wants this as well, he wants to look back in 15 years and watch these. Thats really how the shop started and now we are changed a few things are will keep making changes and adding things the fans want to see as we improve the show.
I think that makes perfect sense. The videos become a time capsule to share with friends and family, etc. Worth having, especially as a parent of a little one.