• Forum membership has its advantages....

The Best Cordless Impact?

DBMETALWORX

I also completely assembled a 30'x75' metal shop with one battery in the Snap-On.. All 1/2" & 5/8" bolts.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I know it is not as good as a Snap On, but does anyone have any experience with the new C3 series of cordless impacts?

cusico

#1= Snap On. USA, and a bit more torque than Milwaukee. 3x the price. Nice for yourself.
#2= Milwaukee. I like Milwaukee tools above all else. They ready do last versus a Dewalt or Makita or Hilti, or Bosch, or????

Hundreds of thousands spent on tools in the past 15 years for construction employee tools and Milwaukee wins hands down. Hilti and Bosch make good rotohammers and jigsaws but all other tools it's Milwaukee.

My money spent, my lessons learned, go Milwaukee. I refuse to allow my companies to buy Dewalt or Makita. Even Makita made in Japan is not up to everyday use and abuse.

Milwaukee cordless last longer than any other brand. Average 3 years full time construction abuse. Dewalt we were lucky to get 6 months, then warranty, shipping, employee time, etc....what a waste.

My fab guy and good friend has gone through 3 matco cordless drills, 2 Makita cordless drills, 3 dewalt corded grinders, and he still uses my personal 2007 cordless 18V Milwaukee drill/impact set and my 2006 Milwaukee angle grinder since his have broken! See the light brother!

DesertGuy1

Cusico, which Milwaukee cordless are you recommending? Milwaukee seems to be the best balance between durability and price. Snap-On is excellent for myself in the garage but realizing it "could" come up missing, I'd rather not be in a fetal position realizing my Snap-On grew legs...

cusico

Cusico, which Milwaukee cordless are you recommending? Milwaukee seems to be the best balance between durability and price. Snap-On is excellent for myself in the garage but realizing it "could" come up missing, I'd rather not be in a fetal position realizing my Snap-On grew legs...
I like to buy the 18V 1/2" and 3/4" for structural steel and general work.

M18 3/4" has like 450 or 500 LB/FT of torque. Thats my choice. Works for years not months!

The 24v-28V have less torque but longer battery life WTF. Not worth the cash.

john92223

I've been looking at the Milwaukee's and I like either the 2662-22 or 2663-22. Just need to decide whether I want the one with the detent pin or friction ring.

cusico

In the race car I have a detent pin style so the socket will not come off for tire changes unless I push in the pin. I personally like the detent style for construction use since I will not lose a socket 40 feet in the air by accident (catching the guardrail of the man basket/man lift etc)

Friction ring just makes everyday multi sockets easy to change. They wear out every three months with full time use/abuse so order an extra couple. They are a dollar I think.
It comes from the guys "hammering" on the sockets. The ring wears/get a nick in it, then the sockets don't easily go on, then they hammer the socket against the concrete to seat it, which makes the friction ring open up in diameter further making the problem worst until the ring shears off on the last hammer session before having a completely loose socket and no friction ring.

Common sense can fix this issue!

OFFRD-JNKIE

Ok as promised just got back from vacation called my snap-on friend cash price is,$550 for the half inch drive 450lb of beak away torque two year warranty on both lithium batteries and one year on the unit.

SoCalRally

<snip> Snap-On is excellent for myself in the garage but realizing it "could" come up missing, I'd rather not be in a fetal position realizing my Snap-On grew legs...
One solution is a buy a high end commercial unit like a Snap On or Milwaukee for the garage, and then buy a cheapo Harbor Freight (the one with the metal head, not the plastic head, also ~ 220 ft-lbs torque) for races / out & about / occasions when it might go missing / grow legs. I wouldn't recommend the HF for daily commercial use, but for very occasional use it may not be a bad option. The equation changes somewhat if you already have other cordless power tools that share the same battery, as the usefulness of being able to share multiple batteries and chargers outweighs the price savings of a cheaper unit like the HF for occasional use.

Odyknuck

I recently bought a 3/8" and a 1/2" Milwaukee impacts. The 1/2" delivers 450#s and i am very impressed with its abilitys. My expensive Ingersol rand air Impact will not come close to the Milwaukee. Have not used my air impact since. Thw Battery powered tools are alos great for road trips.

South Texas Racer

We use snap-on in our race trucks, but I tell you what. I use a dewalt on the oil-rigs for hours on end daily servicing my equipment and put them through the paces. They are over two years old and have never failed me yet!!

Baja Fool

We use snap-on in our race trucks, but I tell you what. I use a dewalt on the oil-rigs for hours on end daily servicing my equipment and put them through the paces. They are over two years old and have never failed me yet!!
I too have used DeWalt for a number of years on my truck, a class 10 & a class 1, just keeps on clicking.

G.A.S.

Screw snap on, always overpriced. I have a milwaukee, more torque than any other 1/2" @ 450

spi6616

Snap -on the Best!!........find the guys in Ensenada that stole mine after owning it for 72 hrs. with the charger!! F%^K-tards GOD I HATE THEIVES!!!