• Forum membership has its advantages....

The Best Cordless Impact?

martein

Snapon can't touch the ingersol rand. The IR hits as hard as an air impact. Snapon does not make their impact either. You are just paying for the name on someone else's tool.

#1= Snap On. USA, and a bit more torque than Milwaukee. 3x the price. Nice for yourself.
#2= Milwaukee. I like Milwaukee tools above all else. They ready do last versus a Dewalt or Makita or Hilti, or Bosch, or????

Hundreds of thousands spent on tools in the past 15 years for construction employee tools and Milwaukee wins hands down. Hilti and Bosch make good rotohammers and jigsaws but all other tools it's Milwaukee.

My money spent, my lessons learned, go Milwaukee. I refuse to allow my companies to buy Dewalt or Makita. Even Makita made in Japan is not up to everyday use and abuse.

Milwaukee cordless last longer than any other brand. Average 3 years full time construction abuse. Dewalt we were lucky to get 6 months, then warranty, shipping, employee time, etc....what a waste.

My fab guy and good friend has gone through 3 matco cordless drills, 2 Makita cordless drills, 3 dewalt corded grinders, and he still uses my personal 2007 cordless 18V Milwaukee drill/impact set and my 2006 Milwaukee angle grinder since his have broken! See the light brother!
i have a pretty extensive makita line up but my guys wear them out a lot. i've yet to have a battery or tool warranteed even though they are all under the time because they say i over use them. thinking of going with the hilti lease program although it's expensive because we use the tools so much they will never last the 3 years of full coverage including batteries. the service is outstanding also, they have given me tools on loan for free, to try out or if my tool is getting repaired like my level lazer, hammer drill ect. that and i don't have to wander around shopping myself. rep told me he would even warranty a tool if it had an unfortunate accident like a forklift drive over it because it's worth it to him because i buy so much. all that said milwaukee makes quality stuff.

MARXICO

We have been using the Milwaukee with no problems, two races ago it came up missing.
I bought the Harbor freight impact it appeared to work ok, with a new charge it sometimes struggles to remove lug nuts installed with an air impact, then using the King screw jack it began to get tired after installing my lug nuts I have to use a breaker bar to make the final tightening.
The harbor freight unit makes more noise than it does make lug nuts tight.
As much as I wish this cheaper impact would work I realize it does not suit my purpose and will be replaced with a Milwaukee
My lug nuts are 1 1/8 I am sure a ¾ will require less effort, something to consider

martein

We have the Milwaukee and the Ingersol rand and the Ingersol Rand air impact. Once we got the Ingersol Rand cordless we put the Milwaukee up for sale and very rarely use the air impact in the shop. No other cordless even compares.

martein

You shouldn't be working near the area where fuel is being poured. The few seconds you are saving by not waiting won't matter when the fuel hits the roters and engulfs your tire changer. All you will care about is where the nearest burn unit is. I saw 2 fueling fires this weekend and 2 last year at Vegas 2 Reno. It happens quick.

sirhk100

Another lead, I emailed the dude and asked how much he's selling the new ones for, he's claiming $80. I've got an idea that he's someone that buys storage units or comes up on overstock deals basically... Can't vouch for this at all but just figured I'd post it and let you do your due diligence if interested.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/4044171040.html

And on that note, we picked up a dewalt last night brand new in the box for a pretty good deal...

What's the best method of mounting them securely enough that they don't get banged up in the vehicle yet are still easy to access? The bags seem cool... Are they padded enough and tight enough to keep it safe? Will they contain it in a roll over? The HRT TT roll shows their air impact coming loose inside the cab and Busby posted they used a bag.

Ideas???

SDSam!

^^ in a ammo can wrapped in a shop towel that can be used to lay the tool and nuts while doing a wheel change out on the dirt or sand.
BTW I got a pepboys goodyear impact (75 bucks) for my recreational needs and so far its payed for itself.

TAZracing

Found batteries on Amazon for a decent price.
A Milwaukee 18v 48-11-2230 is $61.25 for a 2 pack. They are a no-name brand but the reviews say these hold up to the job. One of these batteries made by Milwaukee sells for an average price of $90. (HD has them on sale for $79 right now) I'm hoping this is one of those things that IS "the deal!" Both of my batteries just decided to stop working after about 50 recharges!

martein

We used the Ingersol rand again this weekend. Had an incident that required major work to the font end. The IR had no issues with the big heim bolts that were torqued using a 2 foot long wrench and all my weight. Pulled the all four tires twice, the front right three more times and the lower heim twice on the same battery.

As as far as a bag goes, we use a DirtBags impact bag. It is shaped like the impact and mounts to the roll cage with hose clamps. It has been on the car for 15 races with no issues. Has Velcro flap and plastic quick snap latch is a secondary backup. The impact looks good still after living in there through all these races. Our Milwaukee we had before fit in it as well.

arqangel67

If anybody has batteries that are dead you can and should send them to this place.

http://toolbatteryrebuilders.com/index.php

They are the best and they can rebuild any tool battery you have for WAAAAAY cheaper than any other place I have found and their turn around time is fast. It isn't just about money either they rebuild the batteries with quality components too. I have had 3, 18v dewalts rebuilt and they are still running strong and like new after more than a year. I have 2 snap-on impact batteries I am sending to them and I will post again about them because they are completely dead.

Always liked milwaukee. I'm curious about the craftsman c3 and ryobi impacts. Would like some more feedback from people who have given them a go......anyone?
My craftsman c3 batteries wont hold a charge for ****. 3 days or so and they're useless. It hardly gets used but I really don't trust it, so it sits on the shelf. At least it was cheap.

The ryobis were ok but nothing to brag about. We had 3 on a team i used to work for.

The good friend i share my shop with has the KOBALT and that thing is serious business. Takes off anything my IR Ti 1/2" will @ 100psi.

My craftsman c3 batteries wont hold a charge for ****. 3 days or so and they're useless. It hardly gets used but I really don't trust it, so it sits on the shelf. At least it was cheap.

The ryobis were ok but nothing to brag about. We had 3 on a team i used to work for.

The good friend i share my shop with has the KOBALT and that thing is serious business. Takes off anything my IR Ti 1/2" will @ 100psi.
Do the craftsman put off and take off the torque they're rated for 200 I think?

y2kbaja

No, my Craftsman does not take off torqued lugs.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today