The Bikes Will Return to The Mint 400 in 2019

Baja Dad

RDC Crypto
[QUOTE="burro8, post: 1825061, member: 13453[/ATTACH] I can race one of my Burro's or View attachment 190306 ][/QUOTE]

I rode in the Les's auto salvage Burro in the 1972 mint
My dad was the Manager at Les's

I spent my youth at Tiny's shop in Santa Anna and Les' shop in Comptom

WickedGravityVideo

RDC Crypto
I am all in. Harley Baja 100cc. The 2 wheel equivalent of a Class 11?
1971-Harley-baja-100-Photo-Credit-Rudy-Pock-700x469.jpg

burro8

RDC Crypto
[QUOTE="burro8, post: 1825061, member: 13453[/ATTACH] I can race one of my Burro's or View attachment 190306 ]

I rode in the Les's auto salvage Burro in the 1972 mint
My dad was the Manager at Les's

I spent my youth at Tiny's shop in Santa Anna and Les' shop in Comptom[/QUOTE]

Baja Dad, what is your name? I have been around and owned Burro buggies since 1966. I have the entry list for the 1972 Mint 400 and the driver a co-driver of record is Les Choat & his son Ed Choat in a two seat Burro # 220. Unfortunately both Les and Ed are deceased. Also Jerry Wood who worked for Les for years recently passed away.

I would like to know more about your Burro days.

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.upr.com
I am all in. Harley Baja 100cc. The 2 wheel equivalent of a Class 11?View attachment 190322

Not the worst bike to ever run the Mint I'd guess, I love vintage bikes..I just hate riding them.

Here's my 74 400WR that could be race ready pretty quick, the 24 bike is Jack Johnson's Mint winner that belongs to Casey's collection, I think its a 75.

8930 74 400wr.jpg

8932 75 400wr.jpg

Hontech

RDC Crypto
It's getting closer! Are you guys excited? This is my first post lol. I'm thinking about making this my first race too! I have a 2018 KTM 500 exc and thinking of entering the Dual Sport class. I also have a Yamaha Banshee quad for other BITD races. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to pit for me. I would need to figure that out.

How does the rewards work out for these races? I imagine there is a cash prize? The minimum entry fee is 500. Does all the money get pooled and won? Does anyone have advice on getting into desert racing? Is it possible to make it a career?

slim01

RDC Crypto
It's getting closer! Are you guys excited? This is my first post lol. I'm thinking about making this my first race too! I have a 2018 KTM 500 exc and thinking of entering the Dual Sport class. I also have a Yamaha Banshee quad for other BITD races. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to pit for me. I would need to figure that out.

How does the rewards work out for these races? I imagine there is a cash prize? The minimum entry fee is 500. Does all the money get pooled and won? Does anyone have advice on getting into desert racing? Is it possible to make it a career?

Talk to Tim @ Baja Bound, he should be able to help you out with pitting as he is supporting a few other riders at the 400.

BajaboundMoto

RDC Crypto
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
He will also let you down gently with respect to your other questions

Hahahaha.... yeah, “gently”, Hahahaha.

Yep we’ll be there!
So far on our BBM bikes we have 1 Ironman and 1 father/son team.
We also have a couple guys coming along on our program with their own bikes.
And a buggy entered for the Saturday afternoon race.

We also have available 1 more race bike rental with support (had it rented but the fella backed out today) and we have a fully prepped 1/1600 ready to go too as a race rental.

And @Hontech asked about making a career at this, I guess it depends on how you do it and how much stress you want, unless you’re fast enough to get OA wins (even then...).

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

RDC Crypto
Website
www.madmedia.com
"Mr. Dakar" Toby Price is coming to watch as he is still recovering from Dakar/Injuries. 75 bike entries so far. Some major teams and racers are in. We will be announcing shortly. Had to do some sort of tracking for safety and so people can follow you. We used the yellow brick system prior and were really happy with it. I know a lot of bike races don't require it but we have a few areas that are pretty remote plus now your friends, family and fans can follow you.

Mint 400 Launches New Online Tracking – The Mint 400

Bike Information – The Mint 400

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
Had to do some sort of tracking for safety and so people can follow you.

I know a lot of bike races don't require it but we have a few areas that are pretty remote plus now your friends, family and fans can follow you.

@MADMEDIA Can you expand on the safety aspects and the remote areas that dictate this requirement? I'm not saying you are wrong but since this is new to the state side racing, perhaps you could be a little more transparent here.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Also, expand on the start procedure. What kind of course were riding. The main pit location.

Will we be allowed to pit anywhere within a certain zone? How much space per rider is allocated?

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
Also, expand on the start procedure. What kind of course were riding. The main pit location.

Will we be allowed to pit anywhere within a certain zone? How much space per rider is allocated?

We typically start one bike at a time with 60 seconds between each rider. This course will be a mix of single track, graded roads, washes, dry lake beds, whoops and silt. You can only pit in the designated areas. The mileage between pits is on the Mint website. We won't get an exact map until a week or so before the race. Pits are on a first come first served basis. Most pit are a backed up chase truck with room for a bike to come in and out. If room is tight, people are pretty good about you using their space as long as it doesn't interfere with their racer.

EMS702

Rescue 1
RDC Crypto

To expand on the pit procedure, teams are given only so many pit passes and will be required to have the pit pass affixed to support vehicle. Pits are of good size but we encourage teams to back in and not park parallel to the course to give others room. Normal BITD pit and safety rules apply. Please read them. I am usually at Knight Ranch Road pit, Rescue 3 call sign for BITD Motorsports Safety Solutions team. My truck is in my avatar and you can find me there if any questions on race day.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
To expand on the pit procedure, teams are given only so many pit passes and will be required to have the pit pass affixed to support vehicle. Pits are of good size but we encourage teams to back in and not park parallel to the course to give others room. Normal BITD pit and safety rules apply. Please read them. I am usually at Knight Ranch Road pit, Rescue 3 call sign for BITD Motorsports Safety Solutions team. My truck is in my avatar and you can find me there if any questions on race day.

So I am assuming that if I signed up for Ironman that I will receive a pit pass for my one vehicle - so the three of us in our group signed up theoretically can have three vehicles if needed.

Getting excited.

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
So I am assuming that if I signed up for Ironman that I will receive a pit pass for my one vehicle - so the three of us in our group signed up theoretically can have three vehicles if needed.

Getting excited.

You should be able to get more than one pit pass per entry as this is not a chase type race. I imagine it would be two per bike entry.

BajaboundMoto

RDC Crypto
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
Still questions to be answered....
If I'm reading the information correctly this will NOT be like a typical BITD event (entrants are issued pit passes for our trucks and the pit people sign the BITD waiver and get a wristband to be allowed/covered in the pits).
It sounds like everyone entering the pits needs to purchase a per-person pit pass ?? Entrants need to spend more $ to get thier truck/s and people into the pits?

@mxben - It's a non-pre-run course so finding shorter lines isn't so easy. I doubt the "tracker" is to limit cutting.
@pgarfinkle - Is that fact, that the tracker is for online public to follow? So we'd be paying $200 to help promote the event? Odd...
IMO a course with pits approx 25-30 miles apart isn't "remote" and tracker for safety isn't needed. What exactly does the YB tracker do? Does it have functions like pass alert or SOS like a Stella does? (i do not think so)