• Forum membership has its advantages....

The BLM ground troops should be happy.

Bdub 1020

I think back to when a BLM official said to me , wait until election time everything will change. Well now we can you common sense , not have to be politically correct or get sued by some idiot that thinks if you outlaw guns illegal violence with guns will stop. Time to unite and make America great again. To all you rich celebrities that said you would leave the USA if Trump won Get out. So do you think off road racing in the USA will be better now that the top of BLM will be shaken up.

Dirty Harry

Yes, I agree. I hate when idiots think that you can just put a ban on something and it will stop all the violence.

Real talk though: shouldn't this be in Purple?

Bdub 1020

No off road racers and manufactures living in Calif. and Nev. are all effected by this. Im hoping that promoters will have it a little easier to obtain permits for desert races like V-2-R etc. Oh by the way you Calif and Nev. desert racers. Arizona and Texas had your back AGAIN. lol

J Prich

No off road racers and manufactures living in Calif. and Nev. are all effected by this. Im hoping that promoters will have it a little easier to obtain permits for desert races like V-2-R etc. Oh by the way you Calif and Nev. desert racers. Arizona and Texas had your back AGAIN. lol
I dont see any reason why the election will make anything "easier". We are a long way from turning that tide in my opinion. The election definitely potentially can help plug some holes in the dike, but I think it's overly optimistic to think this means things are going to get better. It just means things won't get worse than they already are.

pdailey

Racer
It's going to be the same people at the BLM making decisions. The Trump administration doesn't give a rats ass to what we're doing out here. Nothing will be different. It probably won't get worse but it won't get better.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Having been a department of the Interior employee for the last 10 years in my real life, here is the "fears" my co-workers have.

Republican administrations typically cut funding, and decrease hiring among the DOI positions. Democratic typically fund or increase DOI areas. That is evident in new monuments and hiring processes.

So with that thought process it is a good news / bad news situation that may be a wash? BLM will be doing the same job likely with decreased staff. For instance the BLM Las Vegas office used to have 4 rec planners and a supervisor. now they have two- So those two take on an increased workload. Increase workload causes backlog in ability to do things and can result in delay or even denial of new permits due to lack of staffing. They are trying to fill those positions currently, Come January, I dont know if they will be trying so hard or if the rumored hiring freeze will be in effect.

This already happened under the Obummer administration and resulted in BITD having to pay to travel in out of state rec planners to help an event happen due to a lack of staff in the office.

When I was hired, there were 15 people that did my job along side with me. we lost people through a very challenging supervisor and and a screwed up hiring process. Then when the shut down happened they eliminated 5 full time positions in my department. I currently have 5 co workers and have a increased responsibility. We are required to work 5 10 hour shifts a week and most of us work an extra 10 because we fear our officers safety and our co-workers well being.

Do more with less is the way it goes. It will not streamline anything, but hopefully we wont lose land daily either. I am optimistic for a better America today though than we had the last few years.

green787

Being that Trump has a hotel in Las Vegas and is there quite a bit, he has already formed his opinion of Desert Racing because of the Mint 400....

JDDurfey

Being that Trump has a hotel in Las Vegas and is there quite a bit, he has already formed his opinion of Desert Racing because of the Mint 400....
Boy, that direct line you have to Trump may come in handy for the desert racing community. I didn't know Trump was a fan of desert racing.

Bdub 1020

RDC cracks me up. P-Diddy gets a bunch of likes on his comments and has no idea how the Gov/ BLM operates out here in Nevada and Arizona. Well said Dave. It can only get better and I have friends here that work for the BLM. They have UTVs and go out riding/ like off road races and there hands were tied by liberals who think only lizards snakes and coyotes should be out enjoying our desert. No offense Pat but out we are way different than the big city. Even Gov employees. It will only get better , yes they know they will have to work harder and do more with less staff, but will be ran with common sense and allow people to recreate in the DEZ.

pdailey

Racer
RDC cracks me up. P-Diddy gets a bunch of likes on his comments and has no idea how the Gov/ BLM operates out here in Nevada and Arizona. Well said Dave. It can only get better and I have friends here that work for the BLM. They have UTVs and go out riding/ like off road races and there hands were tied by liberals who think only lizards snakes and coyotes should be out enjoying our desert. No offense Pat but out we are way different than the big city. Even Gov employees. It will only get better , yes they know they will have to work harder and do more with less staff, but will be ran with common sense and allow people to recreate in the DEZ.
Lol. You're friggin hilarious! Dave basically said the same thing I did. It won't get better. It won't get worse. Read his post again. The entire thing. And then read it one more time to just make sure you know what you just read.

Bdub 1020

Well for one the Trump administration will care about the BLM and us desert recreation people. It will get SLOWLY better and no worse. You don't need to worry though because Calif wants to be its own country and its local Gov, is so good at balancing their money , water , entitlements etc. Have a good day brother. I guess we just read things different

Bro_Gill

You guys still don't understand the difference between 'employees' and 'appointed' leaders. The leaders make all the difference. If the leader is a died in the wool Environazi, then the actions on the ground from the employees represent that view. Our future depends totally on who Trump puts in charge at DOI and what that person then does for supervisoral positions down the food chain.

Goatpoker

Interesting point. Could we provide 'outsource' support for understaffed BLM? Think like the 3rd party title services for DMV.

If the BLM office needs manpower for permitting lets provide it.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

green787

Boy, that direct line you have to Trump may come in handy for the desert racing community. I didn't know Trump was a fan of desert racing.
I didn't say Trump was a fan of desert racing.... He might have some issues about being out promoted by the Mint...

johndjmix

Not getting into the gun debate on here, but country's with no guns seem to have super low gun violence.

Not saying we should take away guns, but hey ... makes you wonder

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johndjmix

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1478808326.853310.jpg

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Advantage West

Why don't you go piss your purple else where. This is about desert racing. Election is over. Gun statistics - what a joke.

Goober

Having been a department of the Interior employee for the last 10 years in my real life, here is the "fears" my co-workers have.

Republican administrations typically cut funding, and decrease hiring among the DOI positions. Democratic typically fund or increase DOI areas. That is evident in new monuments and hiring processes.

So with that thought process it is a good news / bad news situation that may be a wash? BLM will be doing the same job likely with decreased staff. For instance the BLM Las Vegas office used to have 4 rec planners and a supervisor. now they have two- So those two take on an increased workload. Increase workload causes backlog in ability to do things and can result in delay or even denial of new permits due to lack of staffing. They are trying to fill those positions currently, Come January, I dont know if they will be trying so hard or if the rumored hiring freeze will be in effect.

This already happened under the Obummer administration and resulted in BITD having to pay to travel in out of state rec planners to help an event happen due to a lack of staff in the office.

When I was hired, there were 15 people that did my job along side with me. we lost people through a very challenging supervisor and and a screwed up hiring process. Then when the shut down happened they eliminated 5 full time positions in my department. I currently have 5 co workers and have a increased responsibility. We are required to work 5 10 hour shifts a week and most of us work an extra 10 because we fear our officers safety and our co-workers well being.

Do more with less is the way it goes. It will not streamline anything, but hopefully we wont lose land daily either. I am optimistic for a better America today though than we had the last few years.
Required OT? You're working too hard.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk