The California 300 | Barstow, CA | October 12th-16th

Kilian

_
RDC Crypto
Hi Everyone,

It's no secret that over the past few years we’ve been developing new races. Tomorrow we get to share some exciting news about our newest event in 2022. This is just the second step, in what will be a multi-year rollout of new events/races between now and 2025. Our press release will be distributed in the morning.

Kilian

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
My .02 is the last thing we need is another series/race in CA/NV right now. The race cars are getting spread out so thin between the races that it’s really hurting ALL of them and making for not good racing with so few cars in class spread out. Putting a race on a week before and week after other established series is not good for ANYONE.

It would be rad to see TTs back in Barstow though.

I just think some of these series need to team up and work together on races. And help the sport.

My opinion has nothing to do with it being Martelli’s doing this race or if someone else started a new series I would say the same exact thing.

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
hey kilian, bring a race to superstition/ plaster city, otherwise fugetaboutit( multi year roll out of new events?, hmmm , maybe a Barstow race in early november, maybe a 500 mile race in june, i know, a race in Parker in early February!!, yup, plenty of pie to go around

Kilian

_
RDC Crypto
Some details from our release:
  • ~75 mile course, 4 laps
  • Unlimited Trucks will battle it out against each other in their own dedicated race on Saturday, October 15th.
  • The UTV World Championship will be moving to California in October and race at The California 300.
  • Pre-running, Technical Inspection, an Off-Road Festival and a public poker run will take place earlier in the week.
  • Will feature our “Mint 400” style event promotion, livestream production and television coverage.

A Vance

RDC Crypto
hey kilian, bring a race to superstition/ plaster city, otherwise fugetaboutit( multi year roll out of new events?, hmmm , maybe a Barstow race in early november, maybe a 500 mile race in june, i know, a race in Parker in early February!!, yup, plenty of pie to go around
Would rather not have them not coming down to the valley. Will just make more of a headache for things.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
RDC Crypto
Is this another one off race or will it be a part of a championship series?

Kilian

_
RDC Crypto
No more havasu for the UTVWC? Havasu was pretty cool
We absolutely love Lake Havasu but the UTVWC will be part of The California 300 this year. Email going out to all UTVWC racers in a few minutes.

Is this another one off race or will it be a part of a championship series?
We do not currently have a championship series.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Great. Another race series option. Just what everyone was asking for. Haha

Mike

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
Interested to see a course map for a 75 mile loop in Barstow. A 40 mile MORE loop out there can be a bit congested in area's.

Will there be any track prep/blading?

How will the UTV teams feel about the "roughness" of Barstow?

Where will the "Mint 400 like experience" take place? The Barstow Del Taco parking lot is big, but I don't think it can accommodate that level of event?

This feels like another solid thread with lots of negativity. Will be fun to follow.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
Believe it or not there actually plenty of track to do a 75 miler. MORE chooses to keep their races to one side or the other to keep the desert from getting tore up. I applaud this

GageFamilyRacing

RDC Crypto
I'm in
As a UTV racer I would rather race Barstow than Havasu. I do recommend limiting prerunning to one day. People are going to destroy the course before the race ever starts if you have multiple days of prerunning like it did in years past in Havasu.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
I'm in
As a UTV racer I would rather race Barstow than Havasu. I do recommend limiting prerunning to one day. People are going to destroy the course before the race ever starts if you have multiple days of prerunning like it did in years past in Havasu.
We’ve been racing in Barstow multiple times per year for 50+ years. I think the lines are burned in enough that they’re not going anywhere, might as well make them concrete.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
More also let's you open pre run the course to death the day before the event. I do not agree with it I think you should get one site lap at 25 mph and that's it. The course is absolutely destroyed by the time you race it. The big rocks are already on top by race day. In 10 years of racing it is the only time I had 7 flats in one little barstow race and for sxs I will say good luck if you think havasu is bad wait till you race barstow.