The Chevy C100

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
I was going back and fourth about creating a build thread for many reasons but I enjoy documenting my progress, sharing updates and I want to do my part to keep RDC alive and exciting since more and more people are just using Instagram.

I began a little over a year so it will take a few posts to get caught up and I'll try and keep it in chronological order. Basic specs are 120" wheel base, 88" track width, I-beam front, 4-link rear. Goal is to have a fun Mexico truck, dune truck, all around prerunner yet competitive 1450 truck for when I decide to go bang doors.
IMG_2200.jpg
Here's how it started, I ditched my obs Chevy extra cab because I couldn't get the wheel base I wanted so that's how the C10 cab came into play.
IMG_2302.jpg

Laying beam pivots out and kicked the frame.
IMG_2518.jpg
Frame and beams sand blasted and ready to be boxed.

IMG_5045.jpg
Frame boxed, front suspension pivots laid out.
IMG_0384.jpg
I plugged every single factory hole, I want to say there were 60+ down each frame rail lol.
IMG_1151.jpg
Sanded smooooooth.
IMG_1189.jpg
Cab set on.
That's a good stopping point I'll keep going tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Last edited:

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
IMG_1687.jpg
Cab cut out, and base of the mid chassis is being laid out.

IMG_2072.jpg
Tubes going in.
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3657.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg
IMG_3856.jpg
IMG_4827.jpg

This pretty much gets it up to last June. I know I posted in big steps but I'm trying to bring it up current.

streamline

Reaction
Great build and great choice for body style! Keep the updates coming.

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
IMG_5445.jpg
IMG_8476.jpg
IMG_8921.jpg
IMG_9170.jpg
IMG_9341.jpg
IMG_9490.jpg
IMG_9507.jpg
IMG_9673.jpg
IMG_9685.jpg
IMG_9779.jpg
IMG_9765.jpg

This is up to about a week ago. I know I'm just dumping a lot of pictures in huge steps but it's kind of time consuming on my phone to dig through all of my pictures. I can add stuff upon request.
I will also add more description on current updates now that I'm almost caught up.

ANDRXW

Reaction
Tyler, you've been killing it on this truck! Looking forward to more.

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
IMG_9961.jpg

Here are the tabs I made for the trailing arms.
IMG_0013.jpg

Tacked on for now. Housing is a 4" Camburg housing with 3.25" TT snouts.
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Camburg 3.25" TT hubs in the rear, 2.5" TT hubs in the front.
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Aaaand one of the most exciting parts yet. On its wheels!
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg

It was refreshing to see this thing out of the garage and kinda looking like something. I got a little photo happy.

Chubs

Reaction
That's a thing of beauty! Be you Chevy, Ford, whatever, when it's THAT clean you gotta love it! Do your radius arms 45* back to center just in front of the bellhousing?! BADASS!

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
That's a thing of beauty! Be you Chevy, Ford, whatever, when it's THAT clean you gotta love it! Do your radius arms 45* back to center just in front of the bellhousing?! BADASS!
I don't remember the exact angle, I have it written down but yes. I spent some time mocking up the radius arms in many different locations and this ended up being the sweet spot to achieve the least amount of caster change while still maintaining strength from forward impact.

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg

After that I set it at full compression to start planning out shock mounts. 3.75" under the lowest points(radius arm pivots and lower trailing arm pivots) with 39" tires fully inflated.
IMG_0340.jpg

Laying out the rear shock mounts using CAD lol.
IMG_0367.jpg

And after lots of band sawing.
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg

This was from last Saturday. I made fixtures and I got the first side laid out.

Chubs

Reaction
Amazing...what engine are you going with? Are you going to use Mr Newhan's style fiberglass? His red Chevy is the top of my list for non-Ford

Rock56

Reaction
any updates????

Rock56

Reaction
any updates????

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
Amazing...what engine are you going with? Are you going to use Mr Newhan's style fiberglass? His red Chevy is the top of my list for non-Ford
Funny story, originally I was going to use the small block 350 out of my black Chevy that I dismantled, then I did some trading for a 5.3 that I was going to use, then found a 6.0 LQ4 for a good deal, and the week before I was going to buy an LS3 from a friend of mine I found a too good to pass up deal on an LS7. (Super Snowball effect)
IMG_0289.jpg

As for glass, I love Newhans Chevy as well but I doubt that glass will work. My front wheels are pushed forward 3" from the cab and I just set the rears to the wheelbase I wanted. Not to mention I am 89" wide so I'm pretty sure I will be needing custom glass.

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg
IMG_1435.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg
IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1453.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg

Here's how the rear shock mounts turned out. I'm pretty stoked on the outcome.

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

I've done some tube work in the front as well and the past few nights I have been figuring out how to package these giant shocks.

Rock56

Reaction
nice build right there!

Reaction
hey Tyler
Did you get that LS7 from a guy right before cajon junction or near that area? and maybe found him off facebook? super random sorry just wondering tho because i got myn from a guy up there and i thought i saw him selling a ls7 just like that.

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
hey Tyler
Did you get that LS7 from a guy right before cajon junction or near that area? and maybe found him off facebook? super random sorry just wondering tho because i got myn from a guy up there and i thought i saw him selling a ls7 just like that.
No, I actually picked it up from the Cops racing team.