• Forum membership has its advantages....

The Coronel Dakar Buggy's for sale

Rory

Crayola Killer
What's crazy about an open single seater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dakar is a different animal, getting lost in the dunes during a sand storm can be deadly. You got lost 15 miles into your 1st NORRA race....hahahaha. Just kidding Bob. I've always had a lot of respect for anyone racing by themselves in a single seater, especially in Dakar where you don't have a GPS to help you, only way points. The only thing worse is being on a motorcycle, at least you can sit down and relax in a buggy.

LantanaTX

Dakar is a different animal, getting lost in the dunes during a sand storm can be deadly. You got lost 15 miles into your 1st NORRA race....hahahaha. Just kidding Bob. I've always had a lot of respect for anyone racing by themselves in a single seater, especially in Dakar where you don't have a GPS to help you, only way points. The only thing worse is being on a motorcycle, at least you can sit down and relax in a buggy.
I got lost because the GPS wasn't working, found a high spot and looked for dust. When I posted that we bought the Chenowth, the first response was "OMG another single seater!" Racing a single seater is like racing a bike, just much safer, as you know as a single seat driver. Doing everything a co-driver would normally do is a bit more challenging but not that bad. Co drivers are excess weight ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattj112

There said wouldn't go back to dakar with these buggy again and try a out car. They have been in bowler nemesis together before,so what try now I don't know. The buggies would be good for FIA baja events / small events but doing dakar in them was push them bit hard for vehicles. They are doing the Morocco desert challenge in end of April. Good luck to them what ever they thing of competing next ever a home build two seat buggy with windscreen or buy something from rally raid vehicle builder.

Short Bus

There said wouldn't go back to dakar with these buggy again and try a out car. They have been in bowler nemesis together before,so what try now I don't know. The buggies would be good for FIA baja events / small events but doing dakar in them was push them bit hard for vehicles. They are doing the Morocco desert challenge in end of April. Good luck to them what ever they thing of competing next ever a home build two seat buggy with windscreen or buy something from rally raid vehicle builder.
These two were fun to watch and have great attitudes, but their buggies kind of sucked. It got so I expected them to break on every stage. And they weren't particularly fast either. I'd love to see them in a car that had competitive speed and was reliable. Instead of just being a side-show, you could follow them as actual contenders.

Chris Tobin

Heck of a "runoff" area...
Looked like a ton of forward head movement at the impact... His HNR did not seem to do as much as others I've seen to limit the head movement... I wonder if it was adjusted with too much slack???

mattj112

Its strange crash I see similar crashes in UK but not crashing into vehicle in escape road. The more underlining issues was the fact there was no soft impact barrier or tech pro barrier in escape road preventing car hitting rescue vehicle or spectators.