1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

The Coronel Dakar Buggy's for sale

Discussion in 'Rally Raid' started by mxenr, Mar 30, 2017.

1. mxenr

mxenr Well-Known Member

The Coronel brothers are looking for a new adventure for the next dakar and the buggy's are for sale

3 Dakar Buggies including spare parts for sale. Race ready!

Dakar Buggy for sale | Maxxis Dakar Team
    354_dk17_victoreleuterio_031018.jpg

2. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if there is anyone else out there as crazy as those guys who wants to race in an open single seater!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

3. LantanaTX

LantanaTX Well-Known Member

What's crazy about an open single seater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rory

Rory Crayola Killer

Dakar is a different animal, getting lost in the dunes during a sand storm can be deadly. You got lost 15 miles into your 1st NORRA race....hahahaha. Just kidding Bob. I've always had a lot of respect for anyone racing by themselves in a single seater, especially in Dakar where you don't have a GPS to help you, only way points. The only thing worse is being on a motorcycle, at least you can sit down and relax in a buggy.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  5. LantanaTX

I got lost because the GPS wasn't working, found a high spot and looked for dust. When I posted that we bought the Chenowth, the first response was "OMG another single seater!" Racing a single seater is like racing a bike, just much safer, as you know as a single seat driver. Doing everything a co-driver would normally do is a bit more challenging but not that bad. Co drivers are excess weight ;)

6. mattj112

mattj112 Well-Known Member

There said wouldn't go back to dakar with these buggy again and try a out car. They have been in bowler nemesis together before,so what try now I don't know. The buggies would be good for FIA baja events / small events but doing dakar in them was push them bit hard for vehicles. They are doing the Morocco desert challenge in end of April. Good luck to them what ever they thing of competing next ever a home build two seat buggy with windscreen or buy something from rally raid vehicle builder.

(+2) 2 people like this.
  7. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Well-Known Member

You have never been to Dakar before, have you? Weren't you complaining about having to use the road book in NORRA?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

8. LantanaTX

Yes, the road book is impossible for my car. At least this Dakar Buggy was built with Rally Raid navigation in mind.

9. Short Bus

Short Bus Well-Known Member

These two were fun to watch and have great attitudes, but their buggies kind of sucked. It got so I expected them to break on every stage. And they weren't particularly fast either. I'd love to see them in a car that had competitive speed and was reliable. Instead of just being a side-show, you could follow them as actual contenders.

(+2) 2 people like this.
  10. trailready

trailready Well-Known Member

Those wheels are :D

11. Bricoop

Bricoop Well-Known Member

Heck of a "runoff" area...

12. Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin Well-Known Member

Looked like a ton of forward head movement at the impact... His HNR did not seem to do as much as others I've seen to limit the head movement... I wonder if it was adjusted with too much slack???

13. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

Left front wheel studs broke off.

14. Bricoop

Bricoop Well-Known Member

I assumed the curb caused that, I thought I read somewhere he had a brake failure, Would have expected there to be more skid marks.

@Chris Tobin I agree, though he hit pretty hard, 25Gs.

15. mattj112

mattj112 Well-Known Member

Its strange crash I see similar crashes in UK but not crashing into vehicle in escape road. The more underlining issues was the fact there was no soft impact barrier or tech pro barrier in escape road preventing car hitting rescue vehicle or spectators.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted