The Desert Iguana.

Let's go off roading

Reaction

I love nature. I came across these cute Lizards so I took some pics. I was so thrilled I was able to get up real close to them. I have seen these types before in the dezz but they would run before I could take a picture of them. The big one was puffing air to make him look bigger to scare me away then the other one came out of the bush to see what the fuss was all about. I wanted to know more about these lizards so I looked it up on the net and found out that they are actually a Iguana.

Here is more info about these cool reptiles.
http://www.desertusa.com/april97/du_desiguana.html

200MPHTape

Reaction
Cool pictures, I have seen them but never was able to get close enough to see what the heck they were. Thank you for sharing that info, now I want to see a pic of an actual Tortoise in the desert.

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Great pics there. If you are ever in Imperial valley and and want to go play mutual of omaha's wild kingdom look me up. I'm always up for it. I shoot the deserts wild life all the time also. check out this photo I took of an iguana. Have you ever seen a chuckawala? Those babies are scary if your not familiar with them. They are often times mistaken for a gila monster. I didn't take the one of the gila monster but when I was growing up I had many gila/iguana/snakes/tarantulas/scorpions pets.

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5282.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 320-chuckwalla-5014.jpg
    320-chuckwalla-5014.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 137