The Dezert looses a true Princess

dezertchick

Reaction
I am sad to announce that Danyelle (Dani) Mester was killed in an automobile accident, July 9, 2003. She was 25 years old. Dani was a founding member of CORDR. She worked hard to keep our deserts open. She loved off road racing and was well known in the off road community.

There is an evening memorial planned in Barstow at Slash X July 25, 2003. Along with a service on August 2, 2003, at 2pm at the Los Alamitos United Church of Christ located at 5550 Atherten Street, Long Beach. If anyone needs information, please contact Ann Donaldson at 818-703-1971 or email dessertchix@aol.com

Attachments

RacnCPA

Reaction
Thanks for posting that Ann, I know how hard it was to type out. Godspeed Dani.

frankh

Reaction
Godspeed

Also I know that it has been a rough few years for her mom. If there is someplace to send some finical help please let us know where.

Frank

RacnCPA

Reaction
I was thinking the same thing Frank, thanks for mentioning it. I'll find out and either Ann or I will let you know.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I have met Danyelle in 2000 for the first time.
She was a fun person to be around. Danyelle was a huge contributer to the first desert cleanup.

Danyelle loved the sport of desert racing as much as all of us. She went to the races a lot at one point and not so much lately, but yet I consider her a part of the sport.

She will be missed.

Picture shows Danyelle working at the 2000 Desert Cleanup in Barstow.

Attachments

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
My brothers named her Teletubbie from the cartoons at the clean up.She did a lot for us in the desert.GODSPEED Dani ,From all of us at 11 Brothers racing.

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Wow..I'm in shock. And here I was, just the other week, remembering the "old" race-dezert board and wondering whatever happened to Dani...
with great sorrow--

GODSPEED DANI

<font color="pink"> CU OFRD </font color>

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Godspeed Dani, it's terrible to see someone so young taken from us. Keep your chin up Ann, you know thats what she would want.

RacnCPA

Reaction
You are so right Rory. Also in regards to Frank's post regarding her mom, she is doing ok and we all agreed Dani would want anyone that feels like donating, to send it to CORVA instead.

CORVA
1500 W. El Camina, #362
Sacramento, CA 95833-1945

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Its really sad to hear about someone that young. What a shame. Everytime I hear stuff like this I am always reminded, Why are the good people taken from us and so many dirt bags left behind? Not that I would wish that for anyone. Godspeed, the off road community loses a good one.

jimpat

Reaction
Old Italian proverb: It's sad how some wonderful flowers die so soon, while some weeds last forever.
Ciao bella..........

martininsocal

Reaction
A good one lost. I met Dani at the clean ups and could tell she loved the sport as much as anyone and was willing to do something to keep it possible. Ann, looks like you lost a real friend, and they can't be replaced. I am sorry.

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
I don't know where to start here,...I meet Dani at the first desert clean-up.
Dani was the first person to give first aid to myself after a mishap with my buggy. It always
left an impression on me the way Dani hit the problem head on. As I spent more
time with Ann, I realized there is a real bond between Dani, Ann &amp; Sheryl. There
is now a real void in this bond that will probably never be refilled.

I remember Dani vividly, one weekend Dani &amp; Ann offered to help out at the
machine shop, I tried to explain to Dani that machine work is messy boring work,
Dani did not balk at the idea, She &amp; Ann stood there all day running part after part.
No complaints, they had so much fun just being together there, it didn't matter
what they were doing!

It is a great loss to all of us, Dani always had smile for everyone. Sometimes would
toy with certain people a bit, but was all in fun. It was just Dani's character. Dani will
be sorely missed.

Godspeed Princess Dani

Wayne Nosala

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Godspeed Dani. My prayers and condolences to her family and friends.

Junior

Reaction
I too would like to offer my condolences to Dani's Mother. So many tradegies in such a short period of time. I "met" Dani online and finally in person at the first Desert Cleanup in Barstow. Dani worked to help keep our deserts open. Dani was my friend. I will miss her.

Donahoe

Reaction
Wow, I don't know what to say. We are all in shock to hear about
Dani's passing. Godspeed Firecracker You will be missed.

Paige

Reaction
It is a shock and a true shame to loose someone like Dani who had such a passion and ethusiasm for off-road racing, which she transfered to keeping the deserts open. She really did a lot to help keep the deserts open and was an asset to CORDR and every single clean up. She was fearless when it came to unloading trucks and had no compunction about jumping in the dumpsters to try and compact the trash. She also was a great motivator with a bull horn in any situation - but especially fund raising. Dani didn't always have a lot of time to help out, but she always made the time to do as much as she could, because it was important to her. I will always remember Dani's fearlessness and passion for life and that huge smile that lite up her entire face. Godspeed Dani - CORDR wouldn't have existed without you, and though your life was short - you did make a difference!

Dani is on the right of the attached picture with the hat, Ann (dezertchick) is with her in a car that we found during OCD I

RacnCPA

Reaction
"Firecracker" makes me smile because it describes her so well. And the energy and guts she showed during the clean-ups, expos and other CORDR events was beyond comparison.

Bob Bower said it the best: She walked the walk and talked the talk, FROM THE HEART.

poolman

Reaction
I met Dani on the internet along with alot of my off-road friends.What a loss.I will never be able to finish decorating my trailer house in Adelanto.God Speed Dani,ypm

dezertchick

Reaction
At Danyelle's Mother's request, (Cathy) a memorial at a race in Barstow will be at a later date. I will let ya all know when. Her mother wants to be there, meet her off-road friends, and see a race. A very nice woman who is going through a lot.
Thanks to all who have expressed their sadness at this news. I have printed emails and this thread off for her mother.
Thanks-Ann

Attachments