The "Dirty One" Video Review

EQuin

Reaction
Hi Folks,

I just got the "Dirty Ones" video that Ryan, at Bonzen Productions (www.bonzenproductions.com), came out with. The video cost me $18, which included shipping to Texas. Got it about 10 days after I mailed my check.

Anyway, it's an excellent video! Lots of good desert racing action shots. There are some shots where the camera is somehow placed on the chassis as it films the suspension (control arms, coilovers, etc.) cycling up and down through the rough terrain. Great way for those of us too far away from the action to see how a good long travel setup works. Lots of good jumping shots, excellent music and some humorous, "don't-try-this-at-home" antics are also shown. Highly recommend it.

Take care folks!

Ed Q.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Re: The \"Dirty One\" Video Review

Yea those suspenion shots were fun to make, we actually had a "beeter cam" whole video camera duct taped on there for some of them! At the end you can see me filming Ryan while he is taping it up under Beldens truck for the 4-link shots. We got lucky and the camera never fell off! heh

Everytime I watch that headon crash I still can't beleve it happened. To be standing so close to something like that was just crazy, and to get it on film was another thing! lol

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Jordan

Reaction

I remember taping it to the underneath of Belden's truck with Ryan!

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction

I remember taking this picture of you staring at Ryans butt! :)

Attachments

• 5-27429-sexy_web.jpg
    5-27429-sexy_web.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 148

Bonzen

Reaction

Hey I want to thank Ed and everyone else who has told me and sent emails saying how stoked they are on the video. It makes all the long hours (with a full load of classes and a job) of editing worth while, anyone who has done this for months at a time (especially by yourself) will understand what I mean. I hope to see more videos comming out that showcase off-roading in the desert, for as much as I like the "underground" lifestyle that 99% of the general public doesn't know about, I would like to see it get the attention it deserves.

Thanks guys. -Ryan

ryan@bonzenproductions.com
www.bonzenproductions.com

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
austin, did that actually get released?? heck yeah thats crazy, hopefully there wont be anymore of that kinda of footage this season! ;)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Yea I gave it to Ryan to use in his video he made, "The Dirty Ones"

Its also going to be in the next Crusty (8 I beleve)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

rdc

Reaction
ha ha very funny, go big or go home, right austin? hey theres gotta be 1 chick out there that'll show the guys up! :) its good to be a little crazy orelse your just boring!

rdc

Reaction

I didnt know it was gunna be in so many videos, I hope people that watch it know everyone was okay so they dont get traumatized like I was for a bit!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction

Yea, I know exactly how it is spending long hours editing and designing for a video. I had some long nights while editing the dezert people movie.

Can't wait to check out your video! and I agree, there needs to be more videos for desert racing.... Still waiting for Dana (Crusty) to finish his also.

Curtis Guise
Juice Designs - JDFilms

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

Hoepful Nicols doesnt kill it like he did Crusty Demons..

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

EQuin

Reaction

That was creative to duct tape the camera and film those shots. I really liked the 4 link shot. I remember a part where it went in slow motion, which gave it more effect. I remember another part where the video would go from a suspension cycling shot and then go to a side view of the whole truck going at speed. It was a white truck. Really cool scenes going back and forth like that. Puts it in better perspective. Out here in Texas, I don't get a chance to see a well-built suspension setup, much less one in action. So it really helps me and others appreciate the technology and benefits of it.

Don't get me wrong, though. The full-view action shots are great, and too much suspension cycling shots would probably freak me out watching the control arms bouncing up and down repeatedly - or who knows, might have a hypnotic effect - lol. But the few scenes of the suspension shots were just the right amount.

Ed Q.

Bonzen

Reaction

Oh man the long hours! It shows in your movie, well organized and high energy.

I think Klaus has a copy of The Dirty Ones, Dan said he(Klaus) borrowed one of his copies.
Either way, I could send you one no problem.

Shoot me an email. -Ryan

ryan@bonzenproductions.com

EQuin

Reaction

Yes, I definitely need to get back out there! My daughter and I were visiting a friend at Sun Valley last month, but it was just for a couple of days, and I didn't have any time to hook up with any desert off-roading ventures. I also used to live in Imperial County several years ago and really miss it.

I'll let y'all know when I plan a trip out there. Maybe I can help duct tape a "beater cam" to someone's truck - hehe.

Take care,

Ed Q.

Bonzen

Reaction

Your best bet would be to try to schedule a trip sometime this winter.

-Ryan