the EXPO flim flam

drj777

Reaction
went to the expo last weekend to find all the usual stuff...new trucks, hot broads & cheap beer (actually, not that cheap!)...and aside from all the regular vendors and cool gear, i found these guys that were selling HIDs - and as we all know you can never have too much light, right?!!:D

well - these cats were selling the KRAGAN $90 HIDs for $150:mad:...with a slight mod to the lens cover (& a bad one @ that - the 'rock guard' was opaque!!:eek:) its not much of a rock guard if you have to take it off just to use the freekin' lights!

totally lame...just had to get it off my chest!

drj

Reaction
Were they actually selling any?

drj777

Reaction
i dunno - i didnt wanna be rude and call the guy out on it...i just looked @ em, he told me the price and i moved on.

i believe he actually mentioned another vendor there who was selling them for a little more than he was...totally bogus.

drj

Reaction
Larsen E. Whipsnade said it best: "You can't cheat a honest man...so never give a sucker an even break."

drj777

Reaction

Tipracer

Reaction
pics? so all they did was bolt on a lens cover?? Sounds lame..did they even re-brand it??

drj777

Reaction
pics? so all they did was bolt on a lens cover?? Sounds lame..did they even re-brand it??
nope - it looked like the cover that actually comes with lights anyway - it was just now totally opaque.

and they DID re-brand it - but it took about 2 seconds to realize that it was the EXACT same lights as the chinese KRAGAN HIDs...just 50% more expensive!!

drj

JoeyD23

Reaction
was it the guys that had a huge red X on the cover????? I saw some that were the kragens but they had a black cover made for them....SAD!

drj777

Reaction
was it the guys that had a huge red X on the cover????? I saw some that were the kragens but they had a black cover made for them....SAD!
BINGO!!

im glad someone else noticed the KRAGAN lights...nuff said.

drj

JoeyD23

Reaction
something tells me maybe these were the guys that made them and sold them to Kragen? Whoever made them definitley made them with the off roader in mind?

I am a Baja Designs guy all the way but I had some Kragens and they worked. Definitley a crappy housing and even crappier mounting but I mean you get what you pay for. I wonder if these guys are selling them direct now since their exclusive with Kragen ran out? I know ORW is selling a similar HID as well that they are getting from someone. They look just like the Kragens as well.

randy s

Reaction
Larsen E. Whipsnade said it best: "You can't cheat a honest man...so never give a sucker an even break."
is old L.E of the philadelphia whipsnades? small world brakes.