The Fishgistics San Felipe 250 wrap-up show

mig29

Reaction
I think I ran into Cody (Cameron's co-driver) at Long Beach GP over the weekend. He was with a wild Australian guy..who I met at Rosina's on Malecon (San Felipe 250, Fri night)

Indycar 2.0: Desert Assassins TT #2 crew, Drifting Race #2 [ '19 LBGP, 4/12 Sat ]

Me: Who are you?
Cody: I AM Cameron Steele!!

Me: Wait..who are you?

OK.."tongue firmly planted in cheek", "leg-pulling-mode = ON". Background info below:

Thanks given: The great backstory to Steele’s Baja 1000 win

They weren’t corporate darlings, choosing instead to target youth culture by cloaking themselves in black t-shirts, flat bill hats and gray Dickies shorts.

“I don’t’ ever want to grow up. I just want to be a jackass forever,” he explained to me for a 2004 magazine interview. “I just want to be on television, race off-road cars and raise hell my whole life. I am all about being perpetually young.”
The same Cody at the Pistol Pete tribute (San Felipe 250, pre-race Thu evening at Arches)

SCORE: TT "#2" (Cameron Steele), Pistole Pete tribute [ '19 SF 250, 4/4 Thu ]

Flashback to San Felipe 250 (Rosina's on Malecon) Fri night:

Whoah..I was just passing thru to get back to my car, after Contingency. Some guy yelled out

"Do you remember me, I grabbed your crotch at King of the Hammers!!"

I joined them for discussion..it was ROWDY!! Later on, that wild Australian guy joined in..after spending time tuning the TT "#2" (Cameron Steele)

XXXXXXX

[ frustrations expressed..details REDACTED ]

YYYYYY

[ illegal act..details REDACTED ]

I pulled out all my mobile-media-solutions (1 iPod, 2 iTouch, Sony PSP 2), we reviewed various racing videos -- Offroad, NHRA (John Force Q'fying).

I boldly asserted that the "Women in Racing" thing was a gimmick, & the "crotch grabber" agreed. Can a woman actually compete with the top-tier male drivers 1-on-1 in equally prepared cars?? Not likely. Testosterone, upper-body strength will win out. However, a finesse-based race-strategy could give a female-driver the win:

"I ran a SMART race"
[ didn't try to do too much, stayed within my limits, didn't take dumb risks, etc ]

"Racing is thinking man's race"
-- Wally Dallenbach

I interacted with the Indycar female drivers --

1) Katherine Legge
1st female to win major open-wheel race in N. America..2005 Toyota Atlantics Long Beach GP

2) Simona De Silvestro
followed in Kat's footsteps -- wins in Toyota Atlantics & almost the driver championship. I worked with Dr Dennis Beller (UNLV Nuclear Eng Prof, Purdue PhD) who setup Simona with Entergy "Clean Nuclear" sponsorship with her Newman-Wachs team (yes, Paul Newman had a TA team in addition to the famed Newman-Haas Indycar team). Entergy followed her to IRL (HVM Racing..Keith Wiggins principal) & Indycar (KV Racing Technology, Jimmy Vasser & K. Kalhoven co-owners). I had "loose association" with KVSH Racing in 2013, where they brought on popular/good-guy/leader Tony Kanaan as team leader (for Simona). I went to my FIRST Indy 500 that year..OMG WTF -- TK won the Indy 500 (his 1st!!). I hung out with the homies at Turn 3

[ toned down Snake Pit junkies..the OG ("original gangster") Snake Pit junkies makes Offroad Racing hooligans look like choir boys/girls..jajaja!! ]

& had a BLAST!! Tailgating, barbecues, discussions, tall-tales, etc. Indycar's devastating CART/IRL split (just ask Robby Gordon) has put it in recovery mode. Creepy similarity to the Disorganized Offroad Racing -- "the gang who couldn't shoot straight"

There were people flashing the patented Pistol Pete FU sign -- downward pointing middle finger..even well bred middle-class women!! See attached pics

3) Ana Beatriz
excellent driver from Brazil, won in Indy Lights

4) Pippa Mann
UK driver, won in Indy Lights

Made a TON of contacts at 2019 Long Beach GP, saw a lot of San Felipe 250 people (Wilson Class 1, Rigsby Racing, etc).

There's a Pistol Pete inspired

"incubator startups" -- Technology Partnership model for Motorsports (Indycar, IMSA, F1, Endurance Racing..24 Hrs of Lemans & 24 Hrs of Daytona, Offroad Racing)

..brewing. Pete KNEW about it, I sent him an email ~Nov 2018

Attachments

Last edited:

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
I think I ran into Cody (Cameron's co-driver) at Long Beach GP over the weekend. He was with a wild Australian guy..who I met at Rosina's on Malecon (San Felipe 250, Fri night)

Indycar 2.0: Desert Assassins TT #2 crew, Drifting Race #2 [ '19 LBGP, 4/12 Sat ]

Me: Who are you?

Me: Wait..who are you?

OK.."tongue firmly planted in cheek", "leg-pulling-mode = ON". Background info below:

Thanks given: The great backstory to Steele’s Baja 1000 win

The same Cody at the Pistol Pete tribute (San Felipe 250, pre-race Thu evening at Arches)

SCORE: TT "#2" (Cameron Steele), Pistole Pete tribute [ '19 SF 250, 4/4 Thu ]

Flashback to San Felipe 250 (Rosina's on Malecon) Fri night:

Whoah..I was just passing thru to get back to my car, after Contingency. Some guy yelled out

"Do you remember me, I grabbed your crotch at King of the Hammers!!"

I joined them for discussion..it was ROWDY!! Later on, that wild Australian guy joined in..after spending time tuning the TT "#2" (Cameron Steele)

XXXXXXX

[ frustrations expressed..details REDACTED ]

YYYYYY

[ illegal act..details REDACTED ]

I pulled out all my mobile-media-solutions (1 iPod, 2 iTouch, Sony PSP 2), we reviewed various racing videos -- Offroad, NHRA (John Force Q'fying).

I boldly asserted that the "Women in Racing" thing was a gimmick, & the "crotch grabber" agreed. Can a woman actually compete with the top-tier male drivers 1-on-1 in equally prepared cars?? Not likely. Testosterone, upper-body strength will win out. However, a finesse-based race-strategy could give a female-driver the win:

"I ran a SMART race"
[ didn't try to do too much, stayed within my limits, didn't take dumb risks, etc ]

"Racing is thinking man's race"
-- Wally Dallenbach

I interacted with the Indycar female drivers --

1) Katherine Legge
1st female to win major open-wheel race in N. America..2005 Toyota Atlantics Long Beach GP

2) Simona De Silvestro
followed in Kat's footsteps -- wins in Toyota Atlantics & almost the driver championship. I worked with Dr Dennis Beller (UNLV Nuclear Eng Prof, Purdue PhD) who setup Simona with Entergy "Clean Nuclear" sponsorship with her Newman-Wachs team (yes, Paul Newman had a TA team in addition to the famed Newman-Haas Indycar team). Entergy followed her to IRL (HVM Racing..Keith Wiggins principal) & Indycar (KV Racing Technology, Jimmy Vasser & K. Kalhoven co-owners). I had "loose association" with KVSH Racing in 2013, where they brought on popular/good-guy/leader Tony Kanaan as team leader (for Simona). I went to my FIRST Indy 500 that year..OMG WTF -- TK won the Indy 500 (his 1st!!). I hung out with the homies at Turn 3

[ toned down Snake Pit junkies..the OG ("original gangster") Snake Pit junkies makes Offroad Racing hooligans look like choir boys/girls..jajaja!! ]

& had a BLAST!! Tailgating, barbecues, discussions, tall-tales, etc. Indycar's devastating CART/IRL split (just ask Robby Gordon) has put it in recovery mode. Creepy similarity to the Disorganized Offroad Racing -- "the gang who couldn't shoot straight"

There were people flashing the patented Pistol Pete FU sign -- downward pointing middle finger..even well bred middle-class women!! See attached pics

3) Ana Beatriz
excellent driver from Brazil, won in Indy Lights

4) Pippa Mann
UK driver, won in Indy Lights

Made a TON of contacts at 2019 Long Beach GP, saw a lot of San Felipe 250 people (Wilson Class 1, Rigsby Racing, etc).

There's a Pistol Pete inspired

"incubator startups" -- Technology Partnership model for Motorsports (Indycar, IMSA, F1, Endurance Racing..24 Hrs of Lemans & 24 Hrs of Daytona, Offroad Racing)

..brewing. Pete KNEW about it, I sent him an email ~Nov 2018

*That would be Brady that you talked to. He is one of the prep guys on the truck. Not Cody. Because I am Cody. Just to clear things up.