The FORD Ranger returns

AZ7000'

Reaction
2019 Ford Ranger First Look: Welcome Home - Motor Trend

The 2019 Ranger will be offered with a single engine: the second-generation 2.3-liter twin-scroll turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine with a forged steel crankshaft and Ford’s new 10-speed automatic transmission—no manual.

Ouch....

Sincerely, a Chevy guy.

vegasloki

Reaction
Ships early 2019 so within a couple of months or so of that we should have some of the engines and drivetrains from LKQ to put in our 90s Rangers. :D They use that little Ecoboost in other markets and it's not too difficult to pep it up some more. (IIRC is also in the Mustang this year) For around a grand you can bolt on about 60 hp pretty easily. For under $10k you can get it 500 hp. Some of the import drag racers are getting around 1000 hp but the engines are landing in the $25k plus range. The trans has the same 10 speed multi mode in the Raptor though I don't know if it's in a different package.

If you caged one up you could take the 7300 mantle from Leno and Jerry...

johndjmix

Reaction
Anyone hear any news on the raptor ranger? Or still just being offered in au?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

vegasloki

Reaction
I believe Chad Hall has the 7300 mantle now in his ZR2 Colorado.
Damnit! There goes my chance to win the Mint...

Anyone hear any news on the raptor ranger? Or still just being offered in au?
Ranger Raptor will unveil in Bangkok in the next couple of weeks. No word if it's going to be available in the US just yet. My guess would be the Bronco will be the Ranger Raptor of sorts.

Dave In Florida

Reaction
I believe Chad Hall has the 7300 mantle now in his ZR2 Colorado.
Yeah, but what about Class 7302, for stock 4 door mid-sized pickups with a blue oval in the grill and turbocharged 2.3 4 cylinder engines? I bet the Ranger will win after a fierce battle.

vegasloki

Reaction
I wouldn't Lulz the 10 speed until you drive it. If the truck was primarily for off road it may not make sense but on the road it's pretty good. I was able to drive a 2018 F150 with a swanky Lariat package with the big Ecoboost and 10 speed. It felt ballsier than the 2008 F150 I had with the big gas V8 and regular trans/two package at the time. The 10 speed design is about street drivability and fuel economy under acceleration. It has a tow mode but I didn't use it. I wouldn't have known it was a 10 speed just by driving it. Apparently there are versions in the new Mustangs and Camaros.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Any recommendations for suspension kits?
Contact Robby Woolworth on Facebook. He also has an Instagram @fordrangerlifts

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Most of the shops that have played with the 10 speeds are going to 6 speeds. Manuals.