The General's Last Stand :(

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The General\'s Last Stand :(

Well guys its sad but true, the last time you can see "The General" in action will be at D-Day on Oct. 12th so be there!

The "new" motor is in but its not running to hot and it needs to be timed and on a rotary thats a pain I am told. And the only guy who works on them wants $300 just to look at it. So forget that. Its also got an oil leak somewhere on the bottom of the engine that would require us pulling the engine to fix. Also its low on compression and getting worse so we dont know how much longer it will run. So its going big and not going home.

Also we have a big stunt planned for it after the race, you guys will not want to miss it.

We are driving it untill it will go no more. Then it will be parked there as the raceway monument and be there for everyone to see whenever they go there.

Be sure to come out and pay your respects to the general.

LONG LIVE THE GENERAL!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Re: The General\'s Last Stand :(

Please, don't abandon the car in the dez.

Thanks

PJCinLV

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

D-Day is not in the desert. Its the United Prerunners owned short course in Rialto. It will be on their property and they will have the title so if they ever move they can have a junk yard come pick it up.

Go Big Or Go Home

orvacian

Reaction

I want my stereo back then! How dare you retire the General!?! What will we tell our children and our childrens children?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

You can tell them that they can visit a part of history at the track :)

Go Big Or Go Home

pjc

Chairman
Reaction

Thanks for the clarification.

PJCinLV

Dave_G

Reaction

RE: "they can have a junk yard come pick it up."

Hey Fish,
There's a junk yard located right on the airport property right next to Mercy Air. Stop in and see them before you thrash it and make arrangements for them to pick it up after the event. That way Greg and Jen don't have to deal with it when Mr Scanlin has a cow when it's abandoned at the track.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Well its going to be part of the track heh. Its going to have a plack on it and have flowers planted in it :)

It will not just be forgotten about. Its the General it deserves a memorial.

They will also have the title for it so it will be theirs on their property.

Go Big Or Go Home