The General's Status...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The General\'s Status...

I have gotta a TON of emails asking about The General so I will make a post for everyone.
This is whats going on.

We took it out to Ocotillo this weekend for testing, the intake failed and let to much sand in the motor and ruined the apex seal, basicly blew up the motor.

The motor still runs if we drag the car in 2nd gear and start it and then have to keep the RPM way up or it will die.

SO, we WILL be at the Jumping Championships on June 8th doing the half time show. It will run good enough to hit the jump as long as we hit it fast enough with a long start.

Thanks to Frank Hines we have another motor for the car, we do not have enough time to get it in before the Kartek and also do the suspension work we need to do to it. So the Kartek has been cancled for us.
BUT! We are going to do the Lucerne 300 in September. That will give us plenty of time to get funds up and get the car all ready to go.

I am going to ride with Dennis (11 Brothers) in their 11 car for the Kartek so I can get a feel for how its gona be like racing with the General.

Thanks for everyones support and come out and see the general at the jumping championships June 8th.
THE GENERAL WILL BE BACK!!!

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

gary

Reaction
Re: The General\'s Status...

sorry to hear the general's sick...but now what's your daily driver???

Dave_G

Reaction

Hey Fishd00d,
Time to stop messing with that car and get your butt out on the water. The Albies are showing their face! I'm headed out of here for a 2 day trip tomorrow.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction

austin, if you know which rotor has a bad apex seal pull out the lower spark plug and squirt in automatic transmission fluid it will expand when you start it then smoke like an old steam train for a minute but you wont have to push it to get it started..... PS if you got alot of sand in the motor it normally washes out the rotor housing not the apex seals if it was just one apex seal the will still idle(normally) trust me I have been through 3 motors in 1 season with my sandrail. if you can find a 13B to stuff in you car I will let you borrow my intake manifold with a 45 side draft weber for the race it has all the correct jetting for a 13B....Mike

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mike_HKmtrsprts on 05/30/02 10:47 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

Dave, I know! I was going to go on a trip this last weekend but decieded to go to the des instead. I might go on a 3 day trip this weekend, we'll see.

Mike,
That was just my guess about the apex seals cause thats what a couple people told me, when I pulled the spark plugs 2 of them were covered with sand the other 2 were actually pretty good. It doesnt idle normally and yesterday when we started it, I had to keep on the gas or it would die out.
Does it hurt if I just try some auto transmission fluid in the 2 plugs that had sand?

Go Big Or Go Home