The gloves are off!!!

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Why are people like Johnny Greaves and Sephanie Krieman racing without gloves on? I know some drivers say they can't feel the wheel with gloves on...:rolleyes:

I can't believe that any sanctioning body would allow a driver to compete at one of their events without fire retardant gloves! I would hate to see their hands when they are on fire and have to remove their belt latch! It's dangerous enough, why not use the safety equipement you are supposed to?

Surely someone will notice that he had his gloves off in the Bark River footage and decide to try that in their own racecar... Or someone might notice how loose Jerry Whelchel wears his belts... or how some drivers wear regular shoes with NYLON mesh tops when they are racing... the list goes on and on, and we all know about these dumb moves, but we don't say anything!

I don't want to read about someone getting seriously injured in our sport because they were to dumb to follow the simple safety guidelines we have. And to the sanctioning bodies, grow a set and ENFORCE YOUR RULES!

07FJRog

Reaction
.... not to mention the lack of fire skirts on the bottom of the racers helmets

they are not required for us in Loorrs but all else is, fired rate gloves, shoes, suit full face helmet, belts etc...

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
they are not required for us in Loorrs but all else is, fired rate gloves, shoes, suit full face helmet, belts etc...

:eek: wow smart move by LOORS!...... (<---im being sarcastic)

i dont get it, these trucks/buggies are some of the most gnarly vehicles on the planet!! after all of the accidents that people have been in, people/racing bodies STILL neglect to wear/use all the proper safety gear....

fabguy01

Reaction
Why not let the drivers make thier own desisions? If you are racing you should know the inherent dangers of the sport. Or maybe they should have to sign a waiver that says they know but choose to do otherwise. When we raced at pomona tech saw our belts were 1 year out of date "and no we were not aware at the time".Our reply was that we could remove our Teamtech belts and put in a set of Crow cheapee belts that were in date:eek:. They let us run the Teamtech belts

HUBBARD

Reaction
Why not let the drivers make thier own desisions? If you are racing you should know the inherent dangers of the sport. Or maybe they should have to sign a waiver that says they know but choose to do otherwise. When we raced at pomona tech saw our belts were 1 year out of date "and no we were not aware at the time".Our reply was that we could remove our Teamtech belts and put in a set of Crow cheapee belts that were in date:eek:. They let us run the Teamtech belts
Yeah i agree i drive allot better with out a helmet in fact nude is my preferred way to drive. I think I should be able to drive nude. Race Naked!!!! LOL j/k

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction

WAJ! I'll tell you why drivers shouldn't be able to make their own decisions...

Drivers are competetive! We know the risks, and still decide to do things anyways... What happens to our sport if Johnny's hands get burned to a crisp? We lose an ICON! You know what else happens (just one example), the insurance rates go up, forcing entry fees to go up, forcing some teams to not race (can't afford the increase), and in the end, EVERYONE IS FORCED TO WEAR GLOVES!

How's that for a runonsentence...

Last year, an incar video came out with one of the Kart racers clearly not wearing gloves. The tech guys from CORR, got on the horn and notified the team that although they slipped through the cracks once, it wouldn't be allowed again! That's exactly how these other situations should be handled. Greaves' and Krieman's and everyone else's gloves should be checked at the starting line at the next race! All the driver's shoes should be checked as they are waiting to go ON the track! Why do the kart tech people have enough time and forthought to check ALL the safety gear of EVERY kart driver BEFORE they are allowed to go on the track, but the effort isn't put forward to protect the buggy and truck drivers in the same way?

fabguy01

Reaction
WAJ! I'll tell you why drivers shouldn't be able to make their own decisions...

Drivers are competetive! We know the risks, and still decide to do things anyways... What happens to our sport if Johnny's hands get burned to a crisp? We lose an ICON! You know what else happens (just one example), the insurance rates go up, forcing entry fees to go up, forcing some teams to not race (can't afford the increase), and in the end, EVERYONE IS FORCED TO WEAR GLOVES!

How's that for a runonsentence...

Last year, an incar video came out with one of the Kart racers clearly not wearing gloves. The tech guys from CORR, got on the horn and notified the team that although they slipped through the cracks once, it wouldn't be allowed again! That's exactly how these other situations should be handled. Greaves' and Krieman's and everyone else's gloves should be checked at the starting line at the next race! All the driver's shoes should be checked as they are waiting to go ON the track! Why do the kart tech people have enough time and forthought to check ALL the safety gear of EVERY kart driver BEFORE they are allowed to go on the track, but the effort isn't put forward to protect the buggy and truck drivers in the same way?
Ask Hoek how those awsome racing shoes worked out for him, 98% sure his foot would have been fine in leather workboots or something with some support.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Did you ever see what happened in the Herbst fire? Do you think he will ever drive without gloves on? He had rollbar padding melted INTO the gloves! Ask Ross if he wanted to have plain shoes on when he was on fire last year?

I get what you are saying about leather boots protecting your feet better when they are flopping around in an accident. Sounds to me like we need to rethink the way we all mount pedals. Not sure how we can protect the driver's feet better, maybe breakaway pedals (side to side, not up and down)?