THE GOOD, BAD AND UGLY ABOUT THE 2021 MEXICAN 1000

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
NORRA is after all the happiest race promotor there is.
Many of them are really great organizations and put on events with their own coolness.
However NORRA is the one you get to see the most people smile by ratio to those not smiling.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Website
www.riff-raffdesertracing.com
I enjoyed the 3 Norra races I did. Great people. Only downer was 2 years ago the dickhead that nerfed me for bragging rights. My throttle had stuck half open and I was limping to the next pit. He had several lines open he coulda went around me. Then I hear him bragging about it at the dinner. I am always polite and at Norra races I never nerf. I am not compensating for anything. Not much I can think of that a promoter could do to stop this kind of thing though. I don’t like over regulation either.

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Have you considered making the bike routes road book only? No more GPS, but maybe keep LeadNav since it’s inside the helmet speakers.

I think the overall bike speeds will be slightly slower and in turn safer. And, you might entice more rally racers to enter who want to hone their navigation skills.

My suggestion needs several months or even a years notice so racers can get towers built and practice using them.
The problem is some routes are shared with cars the same day and that would make it tough to police, maybe would have to do some slight changes in every day for the bikes on shared routes that will definitely tell who was using roadbook and who had a GPS unit following cars course.

Manx Mike

Reaction
My team had a great time. I had chaser's from the East Coast that have never done anything like that and were blown away by the experience. We had an issue with another racer on the 1st day that could have finished our event and sent us home on a trailer. It was shouted by me and discussed by Eliseao and resulted in a racing incident. Fab-School was at SF and Joey is our hero! he repaired our Manx and got us back into the event. I can't Thank them enough!! The repairs he made allowed us to complete every race mile and complete every stage in the allotted time, which also placed us 1st in class. I loved the dune section, it was tough, it was technical, it was a work out, but it was a blast. The loop was great as far as I'm concerned, the logistic's were simpler. On day 4 entering the Chapala dry lake bed silt section, we actually rolled the car, it was a slow roll and we ended up landing on our wheels, we got out checked the car, knocked off some dust, caught our breath and continued on. It wasn't a spot anyone would expect that to happen, maybe a pot hole under the silt. Day 5 last special to finish line was no gimme run! NORRA made us work all the way to the end and it was Awesome! Eliseao and NORRA team I think you did great, your took a tough situation and made the best of it. I'll be back in 2022.
Thank You NORRA!

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
My team had a great time. I had chaser's from the East Coast that have never done anything like that and were blown away by the experience. We had an issue with another racer on the 1st day that could have finished our event and sent us home on a trailer. It was shouted by me and discussed by Eliseao and resulted in a racing incident. Fab-School was at SF and Joey is our hero! he repaired our Manx and got us back into the event. I can't Thank them enough!! The repairs he made allowed us to complete every race mile and complete every stage in the allotted time, which also placed us 1st in class. I loved the dune section, it was tough, it was technical, it was a work out, but it was a blast. The loop was great as far as I'm concerned, the logistic's were simpler. On day 4 entering the Chapala dry lake bed silt section, we actually rolled the car, it was a slow roll and we ended up landing on our wheels, we got out checked the car, knocked off some dust, caught our breath and continued on. It wasn't a spot anyone would expect that to happen, maybe a pot hole under the silt. Day 5 last special to finish line was no gimme run! NORRA made us work all the way to the end and it was Awesome! Eliseao and NORRA team I think you did great, your took a tough situation and made the best of it. I'll be back in 2022.
Thank You NORRA!
Mike

Thanks so much for the kind words, and yes I agree that having the Fabschool at every finish line made a huge difference for teams, I totally want to thank them for coming down and helping everyone, when we first spoke about that possibility we always had in mind to use the trip down into Baja for the Fabschool students as a FIELD TRIP and to give them the real chasing experience in Baja like working all night and traveling on the highway, I think we accomplished way more than just that, I think that by day 4 finish in San Felipe Joey already had 3 job offers !!!

Thanks again for coming down for 2021 Mike and see you next year.

Bubbastew

Reaction
The problem is some routes are shared with cars the same day and that would make it tough to police, maybe would have to do some slight changes in every day for the bikes on shared routes that will definitely tell who was using roadbook and who had a GPS unit following cars course.
I was already slow lol but navigate by road book only with my gps for backup when I get really lost. Oh and.my gps is in the silt beds outside of Guerrero negro. Road book navigation is hard but is the true way to do it